The destroyers of Planets death match!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Rollerdash
Protoform

The destroyers of Planets death match!

Post by Rollerdash »

Unicron VS Galactus

A death match that could destroy the entire essence of the universe!
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Don't expect too many enthusiastic replies - this match is so obvious, it has been done to death over the past few years.

EDIT: Wait, I did this a long time ago...

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Nevermore
few years.
Two decades.

Oh, heck, for the sake of being friendly...

It depends on continuity. Cartoon unicron is just a big robot, fairly easily blown up (gets knocked about just by the Dinobots.) Simple firepower will take him down, even if it's the matrix that did the job in the end.

Comic unicron is an ancient and amiguously understood entity perfectly capable of surviving the destruction of his physical body. Whereupon the question becomes whether a malevolent force from beyond time can beat the dark side of the Force.

Probably, particularly since Lucas retconned in midi-chlorians.
Chris McFeely
Protoform

Post by Chris McFeely »

Er, he did say GALACTUS, not the Death Star, y'know.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Denyer
Comic unicron is an ancient and amiguously understood entity perfectly capable of surviving the destruction of his physical body. Whereupon the question becomes whether a malevolent force from beyond time can beat the dark side of the Force.

Well, the cartoon Unicron could survive the destruction of his body if you go by Japanese continuity. His lifeforce (Angolmois Energy) DID get stuck in a planet, and later capsules, but once it was freed by the Blendtrons he showed the power to to destroy the entire Maximal armada (The Maximal Elders with it) in his fiery dragon-mode and was even capable to possessing and overcoming Vector Sigma and all of planet Cybertron.

So cartoon Unicron was more than just a big robot, at least in Japanland.

But yeh, Unicron vs Galactus?

I dunno, could Galactus survive having his body blown to smithereenes like Unicron can? Save for the original "Coming of Galactus" story and the little blurb about his origin in JLA/Avengers, I'm really not too familiar with the character.
Rollerdash
Protoform

Post by Rollerdash »

Originally posted by The Original Chris

Hey I'm a she :P

And yes i did say Galactus, not the freaken Death Star, that one has been well over done
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, now you mention it Coronation Street is much more low-brow than EastEnders.

There's considerable evidence that comic Unicron could also survive the seeming destruction of his physical body - there's an explicict mention of "Unicron's second coming" in "Aspects of Sh*tty Filler" Pt. 5, a story which is heavily implied to have taken place in the "TF:TM" timeline. I don't see how you can actually kill a Chaos God.
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
I don't see how you can actually kill a Chaos God.

*Shudders* Nothing worse then the sound of WarHammer sex talk
-Alex???
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Ah yes, Galactus.

There was that fan art a long time ago...

Does anyone remember who did it?
Attachments
unicron_vs_galactus.jpg
unicron_vs_galactus.jpg (70.43 KiB) Viewed 2366 times
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by The Original Chris
You can tell how much attention cross-universe hypotheticals get, can't you?

I seem to recall Marvel retconning in something along the lines of: if Galactus is killed, the universe ends.

Yeah... "Galactus is considered one of the five essential entities within the Marvel Universe alongside Eternity, the personification of the universe, Death, Infinity and Oblivion."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galactus

Which of course wouldn't bother Unicron at all in the comics version, as he'd already consumed one universe and by shortsightedness allowed another into being.

When Marvel gets its fingers into writing abstract anthropomorphisms, it really comes up with some toss, doesn't it?
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Seems a bit obvious what the outcome would be, Unicron is just a pale immitation of Galactus.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Now, y'see, this is why this topic always hits the wall. They're both the ultimate being of destruction in their own universe. There's practically no comparitive data of any use. So it always turns into people basically saying which one they like best, with any back-up some sort of spin to cover that it's simply because they like one or the other more.
Bouncelot
Protoform

Post by Bouncelot »

Well, The Marvel TF comic is set somewhere in the Marvel multiverse (see all those Marvel; characters who appeared or got namechecked in the early US stories). And Unicron destroyed the previous universe (i.e. the one which Galactus is supposed to have originally come from). So, really, you'd expect Comic Unicron to take it.

Cartoon Unicron, on the other hand, is toast.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, but "Marvel multiverse" is a phrase that's effectively meaningless. would that be the Marvel universe where Legion kills Xavier before he forms the X-Men? The one where Death's Head survives the attack of that stupid mechanoid thing? The one where America makes an army of Captain Americas? The one where the Fantastic Four aren't formed, and the Avengers take on Galactus and get their arses handed to them? The one where Phoenix doesn't die on the moon? The Ultimate one? The one where there's Captain Airstrip One? The one where Earth's destroyed when Operation Galactic Storm utterly fails? And that's before we get into the utter fragmentation of the MU over the past five years.

Just because Spidey, Nick Fury and Dum-Dum turn up for a few frames doesn't mean TFs are part of the main Marvel universe... Like I say, there's far too little comparative data. Could Windcharger do Magneto in a fight?
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Could Windcharger do Magneto in a fight?

Somewhere out there a really bad fanfic writer has just got an erection.
-Alex???
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Nevermore
Ah yes, Galactus.

There was that fan art a long time ago...

Does anyone remember who did it?

Whoever did it, there are no points on offer for the phallic symbolism acquired through the placement of Galvatron's cannon...
Chris McFeely
Protoform

Post by Chris McFeely »

Originally posted by Bouncelot
And Unicron destroyed the previous universe (i.e. the one which Galactus is supposed to have originally come from). So, really, you'd expect Comic Unicron to take it.

Welllll, if you take the Ultimate Guide's comments about Unicron into account - that his very existence in reality acts as a sort of anti-life virus, creating ripples that break down the fabric of matter - then all he *probably* did, rather than literally eating everything that is, was cause the fissure in the M'Kraan Crystal that caused the universe to die, before the Phoenix Force united all life to ensure the survival of one individual, that being Galactus.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Galan survives the destruction of a universe. Unicron survives the destruction of a universe he destroys, and sets out to do it all over again.

Meanwhile, Galactus is defending the abstract concept of randomness.
Mr_Hi_n_Mitey
Custom Title: Overlord Of OlSkool Weirdness

Reply: The Planet Destroyers' Death Match!

Post by Mr_Hi_n_Mitey »

This is a good post. Personally, I think that we should just round up EVERY single planet destroyer that is out there - whether it is Unicron; all meteors, comets, asteroids & black holes; Galactus; the Imperial Death Star (off STAR WARS); etc.; and put them all in an asteroid system and let them all battle it out amongst themselves. While we are on the subject of Unicron, I want to know, which is it - was he originally some type of "god" that later became mechanized, like in the comic series, or did he start out as a machine that was created by that brilliant but silly Quintesson-like imp named Primacron, like what we saw on the television show? What was the name of that other creation that Primacron made - the other big planet destroyer that was all fiery and what-not? When Grimlock was in the room with Primacron, this monster whose name I forgot was about to eat the station - with Grimlock and Primacron in it. However, Grimlock suggested that Primacron press the REVERSE BUTTON (Primacron was a REAL genius, wasn't he? :laugh: ), and the monster just about stopped in its tracks. What was that monster again? Any way, just about the only reason I really enjoyed the First Generation TRANSFORMERS television show episodes AFTER the 1986 movie came out was because we got to know HOW Unicron, the Decepticons and the Autobots came about. Also, I thought that the Target Masters and Head Masters were pretty cool too. I just STILL think that Arcee should have been a TARGETmaster (or Target Mistress), not a headmaster (or Head Mistress), but that's my opinion. I could go on, but I know you guys have heard ENUFF from me about this topic, so I am finally going to call it quits. I will talk to you all later.
:headbang:
:devil: Image :angel:
Wildrider

Re: Reply: The Planet Destroyers' Death Match!

Post by Wildrider »

Originally posted by Machine Hunter
I will talk to you all later.

No please enough!

Here's a really great poll I found on how best to use paragraphs in the art of writing without causing seizures to the casual reader.