Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Osku
Protoform

Not so good news of Rhino's possible Headmasters release

Post by Osku »

From
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1857

"Posted by David Lambert 7/11/2004

On June 25th, we posted this news item, which was billed as a "MASSIVE Rhino Update!" Tim Finn, Rhino's Transformers and G.I. Joe consultant, had made a long post at a website called AllSpark.com, giving away Rhino's plans for various items.

When we checked with Rhino about the info, we found out that some of it was on-the-mark, but other parts of it were not. The on-target items include shows like G.I. Joe, Beast Wars, Jem!, and the next two individual-disc releases of Transformers Armada. In fact, we have more information about all of those, and more, and we'll be posting separate news items about these.

The goal of the news you are reading is to ease off expectations about things that Finn said which were off-base, so fans can get their disappointment out of the way now. Please remember that Rhino never announced the titles that Finn talked about, and he was not authorized to make any statements of behalf of the distributor. In fact, we were told that he should have taken better notes; some of what he said was out-and-out wrong.

Items that are NOT coming from Rhino

We'll start with a couple of easy ones: Visionaries (a non-Transofrmers title) and HeadMasters (the Japanese version of what would have been a continuation of the 4th season of the original Transformers series if the show had proceeded).

Rhino says "No". Those two are not going to happen, at least at this time. Not ever? Well, never say "never". But it is highly improbable that Rhino will release either of these.

About other Japanese Transformers series that Finn brought up: Master Force, Victory, Zone, Scramble City. Well, Finn himself said "Would only happen if Headmasters happened." While Rhino didn't comment on those in particular, I think we can figure out that these aren't likely, either, since HeadMasters won't be happening.
-snip-
"

So, it's back to hoping that UK release by Mtrodome will actually happen.
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

Well....
Damn.
Thats all i have to say about that..(no there is more )
Lets hope Metrodome actually does release those series.
Though it is highly unlikley .

Back to Startv and bleeding ears it is then.
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

:(

Oh well, we've still got TV-Nihon's excellent subs to look forward to.
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

And Startv's piss poor dub to look down on.
On a diffrent note A3 .
The other boards is working just fine now.
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Visionaries is out in the UK as well, and is well worth tracking down if you're a USer with a multi-region DVD player, script wise that show is often superior to G1, and the camp bloke from Lost In Space plays... well the camp bloke from Lost In Space really. What more do you want?:p
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!