[Prime] S02E03 Orion Pax Part 3

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cliffjumper

[Prime] S02E03 Orion Pax Part 3

Post by Cliffjumper »

Wow, I can't believe that ending - Orion Pax staying with the Decepticons, Cybertron leader Sentinel Prime taking over, Cybertron being full of guys who look like Bumblebee, Fowler being transported to a planet full of robots when he hates robots LOL!

Good episode. Low on surprises, but it was a nice touch to have Optimus regain his rough moral orientation on his own before Jack threw him the Matrix. Some nice big Bay-style fight scenes didn't hurt - Arcee versus the Insecticon was the best, but the rolling swinging everyone-pile-on-Megatron fight at the space bridge was pretty tasty.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

I liked how well Megatron came off as a threat in this one, and that his plan only really failed due to his habit of
SPOILER! (select to read)
not recognizing humans as worth anything, even as keycard holders
. This is damn near the perfect Megs, the power and malevolence of G1 Megatron, the cunning of Beast Wars Megatron, and the presence of Movie Galvatron.

And, yes, it was nice to see Peter Cullen really emote as Orion Pax in this one. It's so much easier to understand why Prime is 'boring' in a sense now, he HAS to be to be the Autobot leader... he is their rock, and that has some serious weight. Showing him soften up, just a little, at the end of the episode was very well done.

Yes, we all knew he was going to be Prime at the end of the episode, but sometimes the ride is more important than the destination, and these three episodes were a hell of a ride!

And Jack, dear Lord... give that man Fortress Maximus already. The kid's proved himself more (and, believably) than any other human character has ever managed in Transformers.
SPOILER! (select to read)
Using Scraplets to take out he I shall dub "Transquito" was inspired.
I love that Jack is brave, affable, competant, and is all of this as realistically as possible.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Megatron loses much, much of the props I gave him at the end of S1 in these three episodes.

This could have been much more had he actually turned Orion into a fighter instead of a clerk. As it turns out, he got arguably more than zero data decoded that he wanted and lost the element of surprise on the autobots.

Just a moment's pause with Orion on the battlefield could open the autobots for the killing strike.

Nevertheless, it was a pretty good episode. Fights are more fluid and enjoyable even though the autobots can take a LOT of punishment. Arcee survived quite a lot of hits from the huge insecticon and the other three, although tossed around by Megatron, did not seem to suffer any critical damage.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first time [WFC excluded] where we see the titular Prime get the title, right? And what a show that was! Besides his younger self in WFC and Rodimus in TFTM, have we ever witnessed another Prime "baptism"?

Next episode probably marks the appearance of Tony Todd, almost a year after he was confirmed!!
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.