I finally have them!!!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
DirtDigger324
Protoform

I finally have them!!!

Post by DirtDigger324 »

I have finally purchased the G1 Combaticons. I am so happy with these figures. I can remember as a kid for Christmas one year I got Onslaught and I always wanted to finish the team. When I got the RID Ruination it gave me some satisfaction but it still wasn't enough that is when I really desired to get the entire team to say that I have it. Now that I do I really enjoy it. Just wanted to brag, I am sure that most already have it in some form but I always wanted this.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Congrats.

My first complete gestault was the Terrorcons. So in spite of all the flak they get, they're my favorite team.

Before that I got parts here and there for other Gestalts. Hot Spot, Streetwise (the cop protectobot whatever his name is), Groove, Brawl, Swindle, Dead End. My brother got two Silverbolts.

Later I ended up getting G2 Swindle and G2 Slingshot. Then I traded a few busted-up joes for a busted Devestator.

It wasn't until I was an adult collector that I got more complete gestalts.
Target
Protoform

Post by Target »

I've also got the RID Ruination, and your right, it's just not the same! Well done!
If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I really like the Arctic Camo Ruination. The uniform color scheme really helps blend all the parts together.
poyguimogul

Post by poyguimogul »

Congratulations.

Combaticons are fun.
Only G1 version I had was Blast-Off, loved it as a kid. Still my fave.
I had the G2 version..
Now only have Brawl (chibi Megatron!) Swindle and Blast-Off left.
I have the R.I.D. Normel Version (complete)
+ Urban Camo, Version (1-complete + 1-boxed)

The Camo Version from R.i.D. is the Best incarnation of this figure set I feel.
The Universe desert camo is kinda Ugly... with that bright reddish orange..

Defensor needs to be released more.... I love that set too. Is a bit more fun then Superion due to the variety of vehicles.. But Silverbolts launcher isn't bad.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Universe Desert Ruination=Someone vomited on the combaticons and said "Hey that's an interesting color scheme . . ."

Think about it. Flesh+red+black? Totally vomit-colored.
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

DirtDigger324 wrote:I have finally purchased the G1 Combaticons. I am so happy with these figures. I can remember as a kid for Christmas one year I got Onslaught and I always wanted to finish the team. When I got the RID Ruination it gave me some satisfaction but it still wasn't enough that is when I really desired to get the entire team to say that I have it. Now that I do I really enjoy it. Just wanted to brag, I am sure that most already have it in some form but I always wanted this.
Good job! I'm one of the people who said "what's the point?" when this was announced. At one time I'd have been excited to be able to get a "brand new" Bruticus! But I still have my original, in decent enough shape, and let's face it- the mold got WAY overdone for a couple of years there.

But I still congratulate you on this! My favorite gestalt, by a long shot.
RID Scourge wrote:Congrats.

My first complete gestault was the Terrorcons. So in spite of all the flak they get, they're my favorite team.

Before that I got parts here and there for other Gestalts. Hot Spot, Streetwise (the cop protectobot whatever his name is), Groove, Brawl, Swindle, Dead End. My brother got two Silverbolts.

Later I ended up getting G2 Swindle and G2 Slingshot. Then I traded a few busted-up joes for a busted Devestator.

It wasn't until I was an adult collector that I got more complete gestalts.
When I was a kid, I was an insane combiner collector. My allowance = a limb or two. And I was always able to finnagle the bigger 'leader' guys somehow, birthday and Christmas and such. (Heh...I even managed to talk my mom into Hot Spot in my Easter basket.) The only two I didn't complete during G1 were Menasor and Predaking(d'oh!!!). I needed two Stunticons- Break Down and Motormaster- and only had two Predacons, Head Strong and Rampage.

BTW- the Terrorcons are awesome!
Target wrote:I've also got the RID Ruination, and your right, it's just not the same! Well done!
Too true, too true...
RID Scourge wrote:I really like the Arctic Camo Ruination. The uniform color scheme really helps blend all the parts together.
Yeah, that one looks great! (I call it the urban camo version, though...) For some reason, I really like the fact that all the weapons were black. And a uniform colour scheme is usually a good thing...
RID Scourge wrote:Universe Desert Ruination=Someone vomited on the combaticons and said "Hey that's an interesting color scheme . . ."

Think about it. Flesh+red+black? Totally vomit-colored.
...usually. I picked this one up out of Combaticon fanboy wankery. Yes, it's very garish.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

y'all think?
i had the original bruticus in my dim-and-distant childhood. while desert ruination isn't a patch on the original, its still ok in its own right. picked him up for $20-30 dollars at botcon last year.

i'd still probably prefer the arctic camo version given a choice, but i have 'a' bruticus, if not 'the' bruticus, so i'm not complaining.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I know the feeling...I almost have an Armada Overload (a mold I like) within my grasp, but I'm waiting for the seller to find Rollout.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.