Well, now we know where Sheba gets it from...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Arcee
Protoform

Well, now we know where Sheba gets it from...

Post by Arcee »

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1051/1051_01.asp

So apparently, if you're not a Creationist, you'll go to hell. And look like an ugly old hag on your way there. :rolleyes:

It's also interesting how it's a pretty white girl who teaches the ignorant black boy to accept Jesus (well, Chick's idea of Jesus) as his personal Lord and Savior...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

We've always known where Sheba (and others) get it from.

It's hard to break free from anything established in youth. "Born again" converts can be quite scary in their intensity, but that's because they're defending something which is very fragile in their minds. The simplicity of extremes is also very appealing.

People often try to convince that they've made more conscious decisions than they have, when everything we experience builds upon and is filtered through what we already are. Learned behaviour never leaves a person.

For instance, I have a rather retributive streak in me... everything I believe notwithstanding.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

hmmm interesting.....well this is off topic (common occurence here) but Arcee always finds the most thought provoking stuff to read and discuss....keeping my brain awake so I can write english papers:D
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Hound

Post by Hound »

What's insane about that is that the ugly teacher's "lies" are meant to sound outlandish and unbelievable but who can tell me that it sounds less believable than the girl saying "Cuz god made the Earth in 6 days..."?

Anybody get a look at the little girl's eyes? She looks like she's high on something...
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by Hound
What's insane about that is that the ugly teacher's "lies" are meant to sound outlandish and unbelievable but who can tell me that it sounds less believable than the girl saying "Cuz god made the Earth in 6 days..."?

I personally liked this one.

"God said He made the first dinosaur and the first man...on the same day! And that was about 6,000 years ago, not millions!"
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

yeah how are they supposed to make a case for themselves when they spout non-sense like that
"God said He made the first dinosaur and the first man...on the same day! And that was about 6,000 years ago, not millions!"
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Computron

Post by Computron »

I would say that is funny as hell if not for the fact people actually take the damm thing seriously

The world would be a better place if all people who believed that strongly about religion were killed and sent to their heaven and those of us left were allowed to enjoy life as we wish
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

You would think people that certain wouldn't put up much of a fight, yes...
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

That's funny... I don't remember seeing anything in Genisis about Dinosaurs, must have been in the footnotes. :rolleyes:
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by Blitzwing
That's funny... I don't remember seeing anything in Genisis about Dinosaurs, must have been in the footnotes. :rolleyes:

Actually it was The Whacked-Out Bible Thumper's Guide to the Bible. The revised edition, if I'm not mistaken.
Reverend Shrapnel

Post by Reverend Shrapnel »

What would happen in the world if missing Bible pages were found?
I've only just realised my sig's been horribly misspelled for about a year or two. Aren't you happy you read that? While you're here, erm, impeach Nixon!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

You have to ask whether anything would... lots of people don't seem to follow the book because it's the book, but because it lays out things they like and gives them a reason for sometimes being narrow-minded assholes. Sorry, arseholes.
Reverend Shrapnel

Post by Reverend Shrapnel »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
You have to ask whether anything would... lots of people don't seem to follow the book because it's the book, but because it lays out things they like and gives them a reason for sometimes being narrow-minded assholes. Sorry, arseholes.

I'm thinking along the Red Dwarf lines...say a fictional disclaimer of sorts?
I've only just realised my sig's been horribly misspelled for about a year or two. Aren't you happy you read that? While you're here, erm, impeach Nixon!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Ah, that would be good.

"The bible - the best selling novel about a carpenter's son who made it big!"
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
"The bible - the best selling novel about a carpenter's son who made it big!"

That gives me an idea... Make an assload of stickers with that quote on 'em, then go around to bookstores and slap them on every copy of the bible I can find
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

Well I don't think evolution should be taught in schools. I don't think religion should be either for that matter...
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

The only thing thats really ****ed up about that is that little black freak thing. I mean wtf is it? An alien? Look at that damn thing. Surely if god exists he wouldnt make something like that...would he?

roflmaohtonf
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Originally posted by Denyer
We've always known where Sheba (and others) get it from.

you mean from her parents eating lead paint and sniffing glue during conception?
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Normal, rational human being's brain:

Typical creationist's brain:

And while I'm playing with pictures, I need to really emphasize this:
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

You know, you people all go on about being tolerant and respecting peoples beliefs. For **** sake, so the majority of the board believe in evolution whoopdy ****ing doo, some don't, what's the big ****ing deal? This has nothing to do with the tract which I'm not going to comment on, but Auros you in particular had a problem with my views on Catholisism and my supposed "intolerence" so how can you justify posting that? Evolution sounds just as crazy to some creationists and creation does to evolutionists. Some people don't believe what you believe and aren't ever going to so just leave it. What the hell is the point in mocking them? What does it achieve? I have no proplem with you but I just thought that was a very idiotic post.
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero