Attn: Mods and Archivers alike

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
The_Dinobots
Protoform
Location: In The Lizardmen Temple Contemplating how to finish the Old Ones Plans

Attn: Mods and Archivers alike

Post by The_Dinobots »

Could I test run a little rpg here...And I know we have a forum for that but it is not TF related....What do you think?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Why not set up an ezeboard and just post the URL?
The_Dinobots
Protoform
Location: In The Lizardmen Temple Contemplating how to finish the Old Ones Plans

Post by The_Dinobots »

Cause I will set it up when it runs but for now I just want to have a little test run...
Claypool
Protoform

Post by Claypool »

no
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by The_Dinobots
Cause I will set it up when it runs but for now I just want to have a little test run...
ezeboards are free and take about, oh, a minute to set up, and it'd avoid cluttering up the board with something posters might not be interested in. There's no reason why you can't, rather than using Brendan's bandwidth and taking up space in the forums here for something the board might not be interested. To be honest, I expect you'll get a slightly less succinct version of Claypool's answer from The Authorities, so I'm offering you a low-effort alternative. In theory, you shouldn't even be able to mention something like this outside of your sig, as it qualifies as a plug, even if it is just for a test run...
LordSixshot
Protoform

Post by LordSixshot »

Please, no more RPG or I'll have to shoot someone (likely Blaster_86, he's so darn shootable).

The ezeboard thing sounds like a better idea.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Quicksilver
avoid cluttering up the board with something posters might not be interested in.
There you are, Sky!

I told you I'd find justification for banning Casper eventually!!
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

"Now, before he realises what's going on"[/optimus prime]
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

Originally posted by LordSixshot
Please, no more RPG or I'll have to shoot someone (likely Blaster_86, he's so darn shootable).
So true...would ya like to borrow my boom-stick? :D
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Could I test run a little rpg here...And I know we have a forum for that but it is not TF related....What do you think?
Well the short version of the answer is: I'm not about to mod it, nor probably is anyone else, and I doubt you're in line to be elevated to staff.

Listen to QS...but try Proboards...they're better...
The_Dinobots
Protoform

Post by The_Dinobots »

No No I want to run an RPG here in the General Forum not make it a section by itself......Thats all I am asking for to run an RPG here in a general fourm....It will take only one topic....Thats all...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

It's still a waste of brendan's bandwidth when it takes a microscopic amount of effort to set up a proboard or easy board...
The_Dinobots
Protoform

Post by The_Dinobots »

Fien then how do I get people into my ezboard? THEY MAGICALY APPEAR?
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Try a link in your sig maybe? Seems a lot of people do that and it seems to work
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I really wouldn't take that tone with me if I was you

You do as Unicron says. It's the same for any of us trying to promote our own site or RPG. Plus I believe both boards do have an invite system...
The_Dinobots
Protoform

Post by The_Dinobots »

If you want to ban me fine....

Who do I invite? Pretty much nobody...Better forget it cause no one will support it...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I can't actually ban you, but I will blow you out of the weeds if you give me **** when I'm just explaining and giving suggestions. My temper is not renowned for its length.

Now listen to this. Many posters here have their own sites [Myself, Computron, Denyer, etc.] and some have their own RPGs [Redstreak], and we all have to do it the 'hard' way, by simply putting a link in our sigs and seeing what happens. Sky and the rest of the team don't even have to allow us that, but they do. It would be grossly unfair to change this for you. Now what I would do if I was you is go and set up your Proboard or Ezeboard [if Denyer says the former is better, it will be], put a link in your sig and if anyone in this thread says "oooh, that sounds interesting", give them the URL. It's the same for everyone else.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

If you want to ban me fine....

Who do I invite? Pretty much nobody...Better forget it cause no one will support it...
Who said anything about banning?

And how do you know no one will support it? No one even knows what it is yet.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

What type of RPG is it? I'm into a lot of Role Playing so I'll be interested and if it's anygood my friends will to.

Oh and Sixy, Red... You think a mere bullet will stop me? GWA HAHAHAHAHA!
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Originally posted by Blaster_86
You think a mere bullet will stop me?
How about a chainsaw and a nice trip through a woodchipper?