To all the europeans

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Jetfire

To all the europeans

Post by Jetfire »

How is the Euro?

Are you used to it yet?

Do you convert prices back to the old currency you used to work out if you've been ripped off or getting a good deal?

You you like it more or less or are indifferent to it?
Ravage_mk2
Protoform

Post by Ravage_mk2 »

I use the Euro

And about getting ripped.

The stores have already raised their prices so much that getting ripped is common place.
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

I´m used to it. I still convert many things to marks when buying something, but it´s pretty easy 1 euro = 5,94 former Finnish marks.

Some products are more expensive than before, some cheaper. I haven´t visited other countries that nowadays have euro as currency so I don´t know if it makes traveling in Europe easier. I´m indifferent to it.
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

I hate the Euro. I convert prices from euros to guilders only when dealing with Dutch Transformer dealers, who seem to have just replaced the guilder-sign with a euro-sign (what was 10 guilders now costs 10 euros in their auctions/online stores/pricelists).

Euro to guilder formula:
(euro*2)+10%= guilders.

So instead of paying 10 guilders for a TF, one now has to pay (10*2)+10%= 22 guilders. Talk about getting ripped off.

Prices have gone up here, but that will be compensated in the wages, ultimately screwing everybody who gets money from the government (like me).
"I dunno about you, but whenever I get confused I always mutilate the person next to me."
-Cliffjumper
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

i love the euro!

calculation was quite easy, cuz 1 euro is about 2 german marks, so prices (and salary) are cut in half.

I am used to it, think in euro, not german marks anymore. I didn't take long. People here use it as if it were here for years. It took us one week to get used.

It is very normal and the german mark is out of peoples minds. We do not think about mark, because euro is now standard and I never caught me saying "marks" instead of "euro"

I would always vote for euro again, cuz it is so easy traveling and within 5 hours I can reach 5 different countries paying with euro.
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
~*ShadowDancer*~

Post by ~*ShadowDancer*~ »

Why do you think we Brits declined it so far? We're 40% more expensive than any other country in Europe, we don't need a currency conversion to compound the problem.

I like my £'s & p's thx.
~*SD*~
Proud Member of The Mini Owner's Club.

Links:

Shadow's Site - *Updated 22-03-04!*

Message board

Micro Mart Magazine
Amnesia
Protoform

Post by Amnesia »

I love it.

I still sometimes think in Schilling, but the conversion 1 Euro = 13,7603 Schilling makes you try to avoid it. ;)

Many things here have become more expensive but well... that was to be expected.

I also think it's great to be able to travel without having to exchange money first.
BlueBlaster
Protoform

Post by BlueBlaster »

I was in Finland and the prices have gone up on many things. They want to rip of people and maybe it's because they think that people can't count and compare with the old currencies.
Hey, comics fans!
Visit www.fanboyradio.com . It's the weekly radio show about comics. Joe Quesada,Larry Hama,Brian Michael Bendis,Greg Rucka,Mark Waid and many other comics creators have appeared on the show.
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Originally posted by Amnesia
I also think it's great to be able to travel without having to exchange money first.
Yes, and how often have you done that already? :p
Chase
Protoform

Post by Chase »

i used euros when i went to spain a couple of months ago...i like them..if britain was to have euros it wouldnt be such a bad thing - they are almost identical to our currency anyway!
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Originally posted by Chase
i used euros when i went to spain a couple of months ago...i like them..if britain was to have euros it wouldnt be such a bad thing - they are almost identical to our currency anyway!
People quotethe lack of momentary control, the fact europe has not used curreccy policies to create jobs like in the UK but made unemplyment worse, the fact the economys and conditions between the countrys are to different to effectively work, the cost in billions to bussiness and such as reason why at the moment the Uk should defiently not join the euro.
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

UK is just afraid of us... that is all....

Afraid of the German economy and industry.