[RID,UT] What kind of name is Movor?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Alpha Trion
Protoform

What kind of name is Movor?

Post by Alpha Trion »

I just realized that the name Movor means absolutely nothing. Armorhide, Rollbar, Ro-Tor, and Mega-Octane are understandable. But what is Movor supposed to mean!?
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Quite stupid no?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Well, it's better than Shuttler...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Actually, I prefer Shuttler... because it's just a flowery way of saying "Shuttle"... it's no worse than "Galaxy Shuttle", and follows the tradition of descriptive names (Skywarp, Terrorsaur, etc)

"Movor" means nada. "Shuttler" means he who shuttles. And Shuttler fits with Greejeeber (Green Jeep), Dangar (Tankor), and Hepter (Helicoptor)

Booya.
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

It's Gobotronian. Means relatively the same thing as "Shuttler" in that language.

Least I think it does. Haven't really kept up on my Gobotronian language studies. Heh.
x-brawn
Protoform

Post by x-brawn »

:D No but I think you have to admit that in episode 17 it is pretty funny when Movor started blasting the hell out of Scourge

Your starting to become a burr under my saddle!

Stuff I have for sale and trade
Ulticron
Protoform

Post by Ulticron »

Movor::: 1) Latin for uncool name.
2)bad american translation.
3) One who moves alot, mainly from spastic bowel problems.
4) One who worx for a moving company.

Shuttler was a nice name, and if Hasbro didn't like it they could have tried harder, but at least i found some cool definitions for it on the Cronsters dictionary. :D
TheBean
Protoform
Location: In the dark corner of the universe...behind the potato chips

Post by TheBean »

Well if we want to get technical about it, (and I imagine you all know this but someone needs to say it) it is just a modification of the word mover (aka to move something from one place to another)

I don't care for the name myself but I guess that was the best they could come up with. :p

Dur...now that I have actually read Ulticrons post...he got to the issue before me.....sorry :D
Every problem in the universe can be solved by finding the right long haired pretty boy and beating the **** out of him. - Gallahad Rule