[BW,BM] Holy Other Voices, Megatron!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Starscreamsghost

Holy Other Voices, Megatron!

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Man, that was great. I'm still baffled as to what exactly was Megatron's plan, however. Was he in on it with Tarantulas from the start? It's so confusing...
Computron

Post by Computron »

Nope, Tarry had no idea Megatron knew he was schemeing against him. This is why Megatron is so cool and this is one of his finest hrs - The way he manipulates everyone to get what he wants

Pure genius, yesssss!!!

--Compy
I support a ban on powerposting
Starscreamsghost

So you're telling me that his plan all along was based on the assumption that Primal would be willing to sacrifice himself to stop the alien threat? Hmmm, bit of a jump on his part...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Nooo... Megatron was expecting Tarantulas to try and escape the planet using the stasis pod. He planned to redirect the pod and eliminate Tarantulas at the same time.

The fact that Primal replaced Tarry was just an added bonus...

(And before you ask, no it was never expounded on exactly how Megatron got control of the stasis pod)
Starscreamsghost

Wouldn't the "extra programming" that Megs talked about be the programming that sent the pod in the direction he wanted?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

And he installed this extra programming... when? And how for that matter?
Computron

Post by Computron »

Originally posted by Brendocon
And he installed this extra programming... when? And how for that matter?
He's Beast Wars Megatron, there is nothing he can't do - Complete conquest of Cybertron? A part time job for him, he has set his sites of the conquest of time itself ;)

All hail the true Megatron ;)

--Compy
I support a ban on powerposting
Starscreamsghost

Wait a minute...I just watched this. I thought, when Megs found out that Tarantulas had used his weird voice imitator thing to program the Quantam Leap thingy, he then went in and added some of his own programming. Didn't he? Sorry to speak in such vague terms, but I can't be bothered to check on the real names.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Tarantulas imitated Megatron's voice to gain access to the transwarp cell (iirc). In order to gain control of the stasis pod, Megatron would have needed to... well, gain control of the stasis pod...
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

I was under the impression that, erm, the person that Rattrap would like to ask in Aftermath did it.

How's that for a non-spoiler answer, eh?

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
The Plant
Protoform

Post by The Plant »

ROBO NOOGIE!!!!!!!! - Rattrap

I Swear, I Can't Take You Anywhere! - Primal

Classic, by far the best of Season One. From here on in Megs gets more and more diabolical. Tarantulas wanted to leave the planet before it blew. Megs knew this and added some programming into the Transwarp Cell, the thingy that powers that escape ship. He programed it to make the pod crash into the weapon instead of escaping the planet. He didn't know Primal was gonna pilot, that was a surprise to even him. A pleasant one. Primal intended to go to where Megs was gonna pilot it anyway.

You will thouroughly enjoy the next few eps, they are some of my favorites of the series.
Enjoy :)
Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good...and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence.
TransFanMan
Protoform

Post by TransFanMan »

the way Megatron got control of the pod was through the trans-warp cell. when he did his "extra programming" he must have implanted an equivalent to a computer virus. it would allow him to control the stasis pod whe activated. i know this sounds like something off Indepedence Day, but hey, but it makes sense i hope
"I am a warrior. Let the battle be joined." -Dinobot
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

megs's programming of the transwarp cell (if thats what he did) wouldnt stop primal from jettisoning from the pod, that was done by the hatch being fused shut was it not, or maybe it was inferno who did the extra programming.
chronos
Protoform

Post by chronos »

the extra programming is in the ep "before the storm". black arachnia interrupts Tarantulas while he's working on the transwarp cell. Megatron who's watching takes the opportunity to have the computer add in some special programming. this has to be how he was able to prevent the hatch from opening. especially since it was a stasis pod stored in the maximal ship, so Megatron wouldn't have had any contact with it.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

The way I see it, Megs knew about his treachery, and schemed to eliminate him. He found the perfect way to do that when he found about his plan to escape using a transwarp-celle quipped stasis pod.

He was going to blow him up either way. The fact that Optimus used it to destroy the planetbuster was just an added bonus, like Brend said.
Viewfind

Post by Viewfind »

Yup primal was just a bonus of sorts