Vote for your favorite scene in TRANSFORMERS: The Movie

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
TFArchive
Custom Title: King Lurker

Vote for your favorite scene in TRANSFORMERS: The Movie

Post by TFArchive »

SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT ASKS TRANSFORMERS FANS:

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TRANSFORMERS CLIP?

Voting Open On The Official Web Site For TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE 20TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL EDITION DVD Which Hits Retail November 7th

New York, New York, August 1, 2006 — The home entertainment group of SONY BMG Music Entertainment once again is reaching out to TRANSFORMERS fans around the world in preparation for the November 7th release of TRANSFORMERS: The Movie 20th Anniversary Special Edition DVD.

Beginning today, fans can log onto http://www.TRANSFORMERSthemovieDVD.com and vote for their favorite clip from TRANSFORMERS: The Movie. Fans will be able to cast their vote all week, choosing among a selection of memorable scenes from the animated classic. The winning scene will be reveled Tuesday, August 8th – exactly 20 years to day of the original theatrical release of TRANSFORMERS: The Movie.

The August 8th anniversary date marks the first in a series of “TRANSFORMERS Tuesdays” where, every Tuesday, new information regarding the 20th Anniversary Special Edition DVD will be posted on http://www.TRANSFORMERSthemovieDVD.com. Fans will be able to keep tabs on all of the happenings with this special DVD, including details about the exclusive footage and interviews and other spectacular materials that will be included on this title.

For the 20th anniversary edition, Sony BMG Home Entertainment completely re-mastered and color-corrected the film and will present Optimus Prime, Megatron and the rest of the star-studded Autobots and Decepticons in true splendor through three distinct versions: 16x9 Widescreen presentation, the Autobot Matrix of Knowledge presentation featuring trivia and fun facts about the movie itself; and a full-screen edition.

To further commemorate the 20th anniversary of the film, SONY BMG is providing fans with some extra-celebratory content that lets them track back to the true origins of the TRANSFORMERS, including original commercials for the toy line and movie.

Sony BMG Home Entertainment is expanding the DVD’s collectibility to the packaging itself. The company has commissioned fan-favorite artist Don Figueroa to create the imagery for a special “transforming” cover.

TRANSFORMERS: The Movie features the voice of Orson Welles in his final role, as well as stars Eric Idle, Judd Nelson, Leonard Nimoy, Casey Kasem, Robert Stack, John Moschitta, Peter Cullen, and Frank Welker. The DVD also features a winning soundtrack featuring the iconic theme "The TRANSFORMERS" performed by Lion, and the popular "The Touch," performed by Stan Bush. The movie, set in 2005, chronicles the efforts of the heroic Autobots to defend their home of Cybertron from the evil Decepticons and Unicron, a huge robotic creature that devours planets.

For more information on TRANSFORMERS: The Movie 20th Anniversary Special Edition DVD log onto http://www.TRANSFORMERSthemovieDVD.com

About SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT

SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT is a global recorded music joint venture with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. SONY BMG is 50% owned by Bertelsmann A.G. and 50% owned by Sony Corporation of America.
--
Brendan Reilly
The Transformers Archive
http://tfarchive.com/
TFArchive
Custom Title: King Lurker

Post by TFArchive »

I voted for the Optimus/Megatron fight and it looks like everyone else is as well.

Another thing, they have preview clips of the 're-mastering process' and it appears our worst fears are correct, it is going to be majorly cropped. Even the non-widescreen has large portions of the screen removed, in the scene alone there where 2 parts, Perceptors scope is missing the top and bottom and when Springer fires at the Decepticons half his head is missing.

I hope these aren't the final versions.

/me Glad he has the Canadian release to see how not to mess with a release :) Although it isn't great they didn't try to invent the wheel they just put it on DVD and didn't try to modernize it.
--
Brendan Reilly
The Transformers Archive
http://tfarchive.com/
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Likewise the el cheapo done-from-tape Prism release in the UK, which was particularly welcome after the botched Maverick job... but it's nice that the widescreen will be optional on this disc.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

I committed sacrilege.

I voted for the Rodimus/Galvatron fight.

And yes, I do hope that isn't the final version; the cropping is really bad.

And how was the Maverick release botched?
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

My favorite scene isn't mentioned. It's the one, where prime dies and Daniel starts crying. It's not every day that you get to see both of those happen at once.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Tetsuro
how was the Maverick release botched?
"How wasn't it botched?" might be a better question. They started off pretty well, polling for feedback amongst the UK fanbase via TheTF.net, and the project dragged out over a year whilst they tried to get their hands on some decent extras. Those basically didn't happen.

The disc opens with an incredibly annoying documentary snippet from a show titled "I love 1984" (using G2 CGI animation and a guy doing a bad Craig Charles impression) -- skip that and you're into the disc. Special features include an episode of Star TV dubbed Headmasters (execrable) and a badly scanned lo-res art gallery over which plays a reworking of one of the film soundtrack songs with Spike's "oh sh!t" line mixed in. The first run of the packaging features mismatched certification and certification symbols, due to various rushes and cock-ups. (Mostly that they forgot they were using remastered US audio with expletive, on an unaltered UK print.)

All in all, they may as well not have bothered.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

And Prism release had no extras at all. Can't really see how that is an improvement...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

After you've heard the start of that introduction every time you stick the disc in until you can skip the rest, listened to an "oh sh!t" remix clip for more than a few seconds or watched Star TV dub for anything other than comedy value, you'll probably understand.

A plain transfer of the film with no f*cking around is much preferable, IMO.

Can't remember who I palmed my copy off onto...
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

The extras are all im looking forward to. I already own the Rhino dvd so a bad widescreen job won't ruin my film watching experience. The interviews, commentaries and ( hopefully) hi-res commercials will be worth the dough.
Come on and wind me up.
Mikotron
Protoform

Post by Mikotron »

They should have more options like:

- Starscream shooting his foot to get free.

- Spike saying "Sh*t"

- The battle on Astrotrain and when starscream releases Megatron into space.

Yeah they might be small parts in the movie, but very memorable to me.
Ba weep granna weep ninni - BONG
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

Originally posted by Denyer
After you've heard the start of that introduction every time you stick the disc in until you can skip the rest, listened to an "oh sh!t" remix clip for more than a few seconds or watched Star TV dub for anything other than comedy value, you'll probably understand.

A plain transfer of the film with no f*cking around is much preferable, IMO.
Then I take it you've never been forced to withstand forced anti-piracy ads...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

That's easily sorted. Just rip the disc and bung it back onto a DVD-R. It's more that I shouldn't have to, and particularly after we were strung out re: the release for upwards of nine months. Some of that time could've gone towards a reasonably polished product.

(Another annoyance was the deliberate backgrounding of music in the 'remastered' track, whereas the budget version's just the film as it was in the 80s.)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Mikotron

- Spike saying "Sh*t"

LOLZOR YEH THAT WOZ SO FUNY BECOZ HE USED A SRUDE WERD HAHAHAH LOLOL HIKARIOUS DOOD YOU ****Y ROCKN YOU ALMOST AS EDGY AS SPIKE WHEN HE SWORE MAN THAT WAS SO COOL AN ATURE.
Darth Zax
Protoform

Post by Darth Zax »

Originally posted by Mikotron
They should have more options like:

- Starscream shooting his foot to get free.

- Spike saying "Sh*t"

- The battle on Astrotrain and when starscream releases Megatron into space.

Yeah they might be small parts in the movie, but very memorable to me.

or megs turning into galvatron
Commander Shockwav
Protoform

Post by Commander Shockwav »

Originally posted by RID Scourge
My favorite scene isn't mentioned.

Neither is mine-the scene where Megatron meets Unicron, and their bartering.
Mikotron
Protoform

Post by Mikotron »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
LOLZOR YEH THAT WOZ SO FUNY BECOZ HE USED A SRUDE WERD HAHAHAH LOLOL HIKARIOUS DOOD YOU ****Y ROCKN YOU ALMOST AS EDGY AS SPIKE WHEN HE SWORE MAN THAT WAS SO COOL AN ATURE.

WHAT???:confused:

I was 13 when I saw the movie in the theater. At the time it was suprising hear spike to say "Oh ****".

Though it is nothing nowadays.
Ba weep granna weep ninni - BONG
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I'm perfectly happy with my Metrodome "restored" version. Though if the next UK version has decent subs of Scramble City/Zone on it I might get it just for those. Or if Chris does a commentary...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Denyer
a guy doing a bad Craig Charles impression

... if I remember right (and I might not be, as I try not to watch the DVD), that's Paul Cannon and his actual voice.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/ilove/years/1984/index.shtml

Technically, Craig would be doing a poor Holly Johnson impression, yeh?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I can't stand those shows, "celebs" talking about things as if they were part of their childhood despite generally being in their late twenties in the year in question (The classic example being Russel T. Davis talking about taking the piss out of the report of the vandalism on the Blue Peter garden at school the next day despite being at University that year...)
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!