Transformers AoE Hasbro Platinum Dinobots

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
numbat

Transformers AoE Hasbro Platinum Dinobots

Post by numbat »

Dunno if anyone has put this up already, but Hasbro's Platinum box set of five AoE Dinobots is up for preorder now, with stock photos:

http://www.robotkingdom.com/a91850000.html

They're out in October, and Robotkingdom has them priced at $159.90.

The set includes more movie accurate versions of:

- Voyager Grimlock
- Voyager Slog (non-movie Dinobot)
- Deluxe Scorn
- Deluxe Slug
- Deluxe Strafe

I say more movie accurate as the stock photos show heavily silver and black paint jobs with bits of metallic colour which don't actually appear to match the movie designs (eg Grimlock has a gold head and back, whereas it's metallic teal that touches up the movie version). So, better but still not quite there. Takara's Black Knight versions of Leader Grimlock, Deluxe Scorn and Deluxe Slug look to be more film accurate, but the scales aren't so good and I don't know of a Black Knight Strafe. So I'm undecided myself - may just settle for a full cast of multicoloured Dinobots including the non-movie ones.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Yeah, the dinobots are like the seekers of the movie line this time around.

I've lost count of their iterations.

Hasbro regular
Takara Regular
Hasbro SDCC
Hasbro Sludge SDCC-look
Takara G1 Grimlock
Takara G1 Slag
Hasbro platinum Grimlock
Takara black one-offs
Hasbro platinum [black set]

And that's without the leader Grimlocks! :lol:

If you want my opinion, wait until BBTS prices their exclusive set. 159 USD is a lot for 2 voyagers and 3 deluxes. I think RK is just tacking on their import price.

So proud of myself...is it like 4 months now and counting, and not a -single- movie release. Only things I'm tempted by are evasion Prime and the updated LDR one coming out in November.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Knightdramon wrote:If you want my opinion, wait until BBTS prices their exclusive set. 159 USD is a lot for 2 voyagers and 3 deluxes. I think RK is just tacking on their import price.
Yeah, I agree - it's like BBTS with Takara figures. Best to order from a supplier in the country the toys originate.

I wouldn't spend $159 on that set (and that's before postage!). If it's very expensive from BBTS as well, that'll make the decision easy.

Leader Black Knight Grimlock actually is very awesome - my fave movie Dinobot figure. It's really cool that the colour from the robot mode is all hidden in T-rex mode. It's also better if you transform him properly, unlike the instructions and stock photos (but T-rex is still weirdly proportioned).

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

I really like the look of these guys. I don't understand why we got so many bizarre gold or multicoloured figures of the only movie characters who suited the all-grey look.
I like bears.
numbat

Post by numbat »

In case people haven't noticed there are now proper photos of the Platinum Dinobot set, eg: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... es-181323/

With interesting colour choices Hasbro has turned what should have been an easy win into a hideous disaster again... How many versions of the AoE Dinobots in just 6 months and none are film accurate?!

I think the general release colourful ones may be the safest option still.

Also items on eBay.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Film accurate or not, those are actually pretty sweet looking. I'm sure they look somewhat different in person, though, with all the chrome and transparent. Not necessarily worse, just different.
numbat

Post by numbat »

It's really the transparent plastic that I don't like, or understand. Even pure silver would have been fine. But, hey, there must be a version of the AoE Dinobots for every fan now. :)

Also items on eBay.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

We're still waiting for the ones painted like the G2 Constructicons. Fingers crossed!