Masters of the Universe Classics

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sir Auros

Masters of the Universe Classics

Post by Sir Auros »

Got my He-Man and Beastman today, and I think they're pretty nifty. $20 is still a bit much for individual figures, but they are very high-quality figures.

Also, if you need to see that the Transformers fandom doesn't have a monopoly on pathetic, bitchy losers, go check out the MOTUClassics forums at he-man.org. There are some crazy ****ers screaming doom and gloom over there.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

MOTU Classics? Reissues of original figs, or something contemporary with original-era paint schemes?

edit:

Ah. Saw the video review at http://www.he-man.org

Prefer the proportions of the 200x revival, personally. And the stactions. I could possibly go for a Skeletor -- and having the figures be bigger than the originals is a nice touch. Ah heck, could probably go for a He-Man / Skeletor pair. Maybe if they make it into comics shops over here.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Saw the pics of the new MOTU toys and I liked the 2002 toys better. Not buying any of them, but the 2002 toys were killer looking.
Come on and wind me up.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I don't mind the proportions, and I think they're more realistic than either the original line or the 200X series. I still have a lot of love for the previous line, but I've always enjoyed figures with more articulation. There's a reason I collected very little G1 stuff.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

These are very cool..I wanted to get one with the $25 ebay giftcard I just got, but they are going for extremely stupid prices on there, and it looks like Skeletor isn't even out yet. I'd surely like a Skeletor if I have cash when they do come out. $20 isn't too bad I rekon, but the $30-$40 these are going for on eBay is crazy...
Springer007

New MOTU Skeletor Classic

Post by Springer007 »

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... icture=out

I like how they kept to the original character design on this one and not as pointy features like the "anime-styled" MOTU from 2002-2003.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
skywarp408
Protoform

Post by skywarp408 »

That is so awesome.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

You're much better off going to http://www.mattycollector.com and getting them direct instead of paying an extra $15 from BBTS.
der2

Post by der2 »

they're really nice
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Ah Skeletor is out! I just watched the 2002 He-Man series for the first time a few weeks ago, I've watched almost all the episodes now, going into the middle of the second season. I'm really wanting a Skeletor toy now :lol:

Hopefully my dad or mom will send me some cash for my birthday next month and I can either get this classics version, or maybe the 2002 verson, whichever I can afford. I'd surely like to have a He-Man and Skeletor set from this classics line though, but it looks like He-Man is no longer available on the Mattel site :|
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Ok, so the NYCC Faker sold out in under 3 hours last month, and the first (of two) Mer-Man shipments sold out today in under an hour. Over at the only He-Man fansite in town, they're deleting posts that are negative towards Mattel at an absurd rate. I don't know if mine will survive, so I'll quote it down here just for posterity. It's pretty pathetic when Mattel is essentially selling ONE product on their website, ONCE a month, and they still can't get it right.
Yeah, my goodwill towards Matty has run out at this point. If I don't get that Mer-Man next week (as in, if he sells out before I can get off of work), then I'm officially done with the line. They lied about getting a subscription system set up, they lied about limiting the scalpers (I mean, collectors) to no more than 3 figures, and now this stuff is selling out in less than an hour?

The shipment next week had better be big enough to last a few hours at least, or I'm not going to mess with this crap anymore. I shouldn't have to play hooky from work to get a figure. I'm an adult collector (the people this line is supposedly aimed at?), and as an adult, I have a job. I may be immature enough to collect toys, but I'm not so immature that I'm going to blow off my responsibilities to get them.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Sir Auros wrote:Over at the only He-Man fansite in town, they're deleting posts that are negative towards Mattel
Doesn't surprise at all. Silent deletions and a "keep everything suitable for five-year-olds" policy with post content were more why I left than getting bored with the line. As with any forum, some nice people and some real idiots...
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

So some mod locks the thread with people complaining about how Mer-Man sold out so fast because he says people are just saying the same things over and over. This is also a thread that has had massive chunks removed, and has people reposting about how they've received warning PMs for saying negative stuff about Mattel, btw. Anyway, the dude locks that thread, then someone starts a thread about how the limit per person should be reduced from 10 to 3-4, and the same mod locks that thread too and tells him to use the search function. The most recent thread talking about lowering the limits was the Mer-Man one that he just closed.

They're ****ing stupid as hell over there.
LKW
Protoform

Post by LKW »

So, were you able to get the Mer-Man? (I see that it's sold out now. Pity. Did I see correctly that it has interchangeable heads?)
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

It does have interchangeable heads, and it's on its way, but not because I ordered it. I had to get someone else who could be online at that time to order it for me in exchange for $20 and a Star Wars figure. I'll be out of school for Hordak, but I don't know what I'll do for Zodak this month.
LKW
Protoform

Post by LKW »

That's cool - that you were able to get it (or, will have it), and that it's got multiple heads; less cool that such measures were needed to get one....

Are any more planned after Zodak?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]