"The Immobilizer" and "The Autobot Run"...

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cliffjumper

"The Immobilizer" and "The Autobot Run"...

Post by Cliffjumper »

...were those screened back to back, or is that a quirk of the DVD order? If i's the former, how the Hell did they get away with that?

Other than that, I'm rather enjoying rewatching G1 for the first time in a long while. It's completely bloody awful, but kinda amusing with it at least. The animation's better than I remembered because I'm hardly ever looking at the screen - it's great, everyone says what's happening, it's like listening to the radio. Brawn really is a twat, though.

EDIT: Nergill? This is like watching Challenge of the Gobots again...
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

Last time I tried it I got half way through season 2 before getting distracted. Have recently been contemplating a revisit but I'm currently trying to slog my way through the G1 tpb's in the hopes of finally reading the marvel uk stuff I keep hearing so much about. I've just finishedShowdown and i'm struggling to maintain my sanity.

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Which one's The Immobilizer?

Wait... which one's the Autobot Run?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Halfshell wrote:Which one's The Immobilizer?

Wait... which one's the Autobot Run?
It's the one where the Decepticons nick a big ray gun that freezes Autobots, and at the end Ironhide gets to smash it up.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

[quote="Cliffjumper"]

Didn't you have a thread recently where you basically slagged off Five Faces of Darkness?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Cliffjumper wrote:It's the one where the Decepticons nick a big ray gun that freezes Autobots, and at the end Ironhide gets to smash it up.
Isn't that Fire On The Mountain?
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Nah, Fire on the Mountain's the one where Skyfire blows up the big ray gun.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

inflatable dalek wrote:Didn't you have a thread recently where you basically slagged off Five Faces of Darkness?
I've not got that far yet. Though I'm not sure saying the series is shite but not actually all that irritating is particularly complimentary anyway.
Halfshell wrote:Isn't that Fire On The Mountain?
No, there rather than the Decepticons getting a ray and going after the Autobots with it, they get a ray and the Autobots very kindly go towards it.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Right.

So which one's The Autobot Run?

... wait... which one's The Autobot Run and which one's The Trans-Europe Express?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

He knows the Decepticons are setting him up. He knows the Decepticons are still the bad guys and will start ****ing humans over the second he goes. And yet Prime still agrees to board a spaceship helpfully provided by his mortal enemy who's just framed him.

Argh. Just argh.

Why do the Decepticons film themselves taking off their disguises again, even going to the effort of keeping the tape lying around in just the right place? And just how long is Spike watching the ****ing tape for anyway?

Almost worth it for Soundwave playing brass band music at the wrong speed in the world's shittest disco, though.

Auto-Beserk and The Master Builders are both rather good, though, and Dinobot Island is nostalgia distilled. And I do rather like the EXCITING background music, you know the piece. It plays for pretty much all of Dinobot Island.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

I got that fancy little matrix boxset for christmas. I'm now sitting at the second to last disc.

Some of the episodes were just damn painful, but every now and then there's an Episode like Dweller in the Depths that actually wasn't half terrible.

FFoD wasn't so bad story wise. The animation was gawd-awful though.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
LKW
Protoform

Post by LKW »

Halfshell wrote:Right.

So which one's The Autobot Run?

... wait... which one's The Autobot Run and which one's The Trans-Europe Express?
Autobot Run's the one which looks REALLY crappy....
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Trans-Europe Express is the one by Kraftwerk.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Notabot wrote:Trans-Europe Express is the one by Kraftwerk.
I still don't get how that one kid remembers the christmas bell, but the others don't :D

its G1 chaps, inter-episode continuity really not it's strongest point.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

It's more the way they're basically the same.

I lasted as long as "Child's Play". Which isn't bad (my endurance, not the episode).
Since1984
Protoform

Post by Since1984 »

I very rarely watch the cartoon anymore - like Cliffjumper, I find it somewhat difficult to love. However, when I do, I find myself gravitating to those few episodes that were actually available over here in the UK in the 1980s.

Must be nostalgia for VideoGems - you know the ones: "More Than Meets The Eye" (or "Arrival From Cybertron" as it will always be in my mind), "Dinobot Island", "Desertion of the Dinobots", "Megatron's Master Plan", "Key To Vector Sigma", and of course, the absolutely fantastic choice of... The Girl Who Loves Powerglide.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'm 99% sure "Girl Who Loved Powerglide" was on Every. Single. Tape.

But yeh, same story here - Dinobot Island, Rebirth, Return of Optimus Prime all get a bit of a free ride due to being childhood tapes. It probably helped that they're all character-packed episodes - nothing better when you're a nipper than a load of Transformers just basically showing off. I seem to remember being utterly, utterly obsessed with the rolecall in the first bit of TRoOP, with childhood purchases often being influenced by trying to recreate it. The other big bit was the battle at the start of Rebirth - very heartening to see the Throttlebots getting stuck in, even if they did get the crap kicked out of them.
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Ah, the cameo effect. "That's awesome, I know these guys!"

TF:Animated does it all the time, and I'm loving it.
"I dunno about you, but whenever I get confused I always mutilate the person next to me."
-Cliffjumper
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Cliffjumper wrote:I seem to remember being utterly, utterly obsessed with the rolecall in the first bit of TRoOP
Same here. I especially loved the Protectobots combining for basically no reason, as soon as they get to the lab Rodimus has them break up again...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Guys, guys, guys, I've got this really great idea for an episode. You know the one who sounds like he's gargling? Let's give him the lead! That won't at all be aggravating!

**** me. People take this shit seriously too.