To whom it may concern (RANT)

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
The Plant
Protoform

To whom it may concern (RANT)

Post by The Plant »

I've known Leslie for almost 2 years now, and have been her friend for about 6 months now. She was originally one of my sister's best friends. She's grown to be a better friend of mine than hers in these past months though. I've been talking to her almost every single day. I brought her to a concert a couple weeks ago and we hung out together the whole time we were there. I had a great time. Before the concert I asked her that if I lent her some books if she would read them. She knew they were Love Hinas (Japanese Romantic Comedy comic). I gave them to her right before she went into her house after the concert. Before the concert I typed up a small note and put it in the back of the final book I lent her. Weeks pass and she tells me that she read the first book then stopped. After two failed attempts to tell her to look at the end of the last book, today I bring it up again and she asks me if I got her email. I didn't (****in in box). I ask her to tell me what it said. It went something like this....

"The Plizant: Do you ever intend on telling me what was on this alleged email?
mippie: maybe
mippie: do i have choice?
mippie: if i do,then no
The Plizant: of course you do.
The Plizant: oh well, I suppose I wait forever then.
mippie: i suppose you will unless you say otherwise
The Plizant: What? I wait forever unless I don't give you a choice?
mippie: yep
The Plizant: As much as it pains me to do it...
The Plizant: I couldn't ever take that away from you. That's your god given right and no one, myself especially since I'm your friend, has the right to take that away from you. So unless by some slight miracle that you actually feel like telling me I suppose I'll have to live without knowing the truth. The suspense is killing me, but so are many other things, like time...and other such stupid things. :-)
mippie: dammit tyler
mippie: that email said that id never be anything more than your friend because youre too nice and you dont challange me
mippie: i think you just made my point
mippie: i read all three of those books the day after cityfest
mippie: i have to go eat now
mippie: bye
mippie signed off at 8:50:24 PM. "

So here I am...10:13...eating cake in the dark. Silence around me, and nothing but a glowing tube to catch the corner of my eye from time to time...
running the words over and over again in my head, but all of it just keeps making me think of the same thing...(As corny as it sounds) a quote I found some time ago. "Loyalty above all else, except honor"
This...honor. I have always admired it, wished to be closer to it, but now I see that it's not always a good thing. Had I been without it I may have had a chance... Though like a familiar friend, I can not seem to force myself to part with it, it would not be right, it would not be me.
So here I am putting the words to Nice Guys Finish Last in my AIM profile.
Despite what some of you may say, in my case, it is true. She said so herself.
I'm sorry to waste space and bandwidth with such tedious dribble, but it's important to me. Criticize, critique, do whatever the **** you want, but please, someone, say something...
Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good...and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Since when was "nice" a bad thing? What, does she you want you to kick her ass or something?

And what's with her previously claiming she only read the first one and now saying she read all of them the day after you lent them to her?

And yeah, I know I said those earlier, but I figured I should get to them before anyone else does.

And its not "tedious dribble". Sometimes people need outside opinions to see things clearly.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

exactly, I mean, it helps to rant (trust me I know).

For the girl and nice guys finishing last, man that's the way it goes. You don't challenge her enough? WTF does she want to race you? Otherwise that's just a get out line. Did she in any way try to have any sort of intelectual debate with you? (yes I know my spelling is off, sorry). Did she stay up late at night discussing religion, politics, Poetry and life with you? She needs to show where she's at long before you can challenge her.

As for Honor
"a man is nothing if he doesn't have his honor"
If you gave it up, then what's the point. Sure you got the girl, but is it worth anything if you can't look yourself in the mirror
Polonius said it best
"This above all, to thine own self be true"
Never ever sacrifice your honor and your self for anything. For that is what makes you who you are.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Well, I'll give you some advice for when you get over her and decide to move on...

If you're interested in a girl, let her know that. Don't play the 'best friend' game. It only ****s you over in the end. If you make your intentions known from the start she'll either reject or accept you. Either way, you don't waste months or in some cases years of your life on a girl who never was interested in you in the first place.

And if she isn't in to you, move on to the next girl. That's what I've been doing for the past little while and it's worked out very well. I haven't lost sleep over a girl for almost two years now and life's been a hell of a lot easier because of it.

But for now... while your heart is still crushed, and you don't think you can go on. Just skim through all the other broken heart threads that have hit the board over the last little bit. This type of thing happens to the best of us. Eventually you will get over it, and you will have learned from past mistakes.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

I have one thing to say.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh this is rich.

You got screwed because your too nice. Want to have her? Heres what you do: be an ass, so she can have a challenge in trying to convert you (**** my noodles are getting cold), then you will have her (partly). Once that is done, you cheat on her, then she will be yours forever. She is an immature child, you need to go after older women, like Im trying to do now. They know what they want, and they dont **** around.

Maximus, by challenging she means she wants someone to work on, plainly, she wants a "bad-ass." One she can convert to good so she can gloat to her friends.

I laugh because of the irony, I was just thinking this was going to happen, and as I said before plant, Tyler, your honor ****ed you over. But dont worry, you didnt really lose anything, since she is still a girl.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Ah yes, I understand (well no I don't but that gets back into the whole not understanding women thing)

Girls want a guy who treats them bad, cheats on them, and generally being an asshole so that they can "convert" them into a good guy (or at least attempt to).
Then the guy goes and breaks their hearts. So they run to their good friend (usually a guy, who they think is too nice) and complain how this guy is treating them like cr@p and that what they really need is a nice guy who will treat them well, if only they can find them. Guess what, it's the guy they're complaining about there horrible ex-BF's to. But they never see that
Been there, done that, many, many times.
Is there anyone out there that can explain this obviously self-distructive female nature to me? Cause after 9 years of dealing with it, I still don't understand it.

I will agree with Blitzwing on one thing: Trying to be the best friend then dating her just doesn't work. If you're interested in her, get to know her alittle bit better, but before she comes to think of you as a "close personal friend" ask her out. If it gets to that "close personal friend who I tell all my deepest darkest secrets to" stage, you're screwed. At that point, most girls (in my experiance) don't want to lose that friendship because they'll lose a good guy to complain to about their horrid BF's.

But don't lose the honor ;)
Windshear
Protoform

Post by Windshear »

*sigh* When will younger girls ever learn that bad boys aren't worth the trouble. I was married to a complete jerk. People don't know what they are getting into when they say they want someone edgy and bad. All it got me was abuse and misery for 6 years. I managed to get out of it, and finally found my nice guy. And to be honest, nice guys are the best. So don't lament about being nice. I'll bet you'll find yourself a sweet person who will appreciate it. Life is too full of drama to compound it with difficult people.

You'll find someone who will appreciate you for the nice person you are.

Windshear
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Originally posted by Windshear
*sigh* When will younger girls ever learn that bad boys aren't worth the trouble.

They wont. Not until society changes.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Do you think it's a sociatle problem? The romanticizing of the loner, the "rebel with out a cause" type persona?

Or is it something deeper than that?
I've know plenty of girls that say they like the guys who have some scruff, and don't dress prep and stuff. But they complained when I haven't shaved for 2 days and when we go out somewhere, always want me to look nice. (this was back in my youth, I always dress "nice" today, though always in black).

Is it that women really have this concept in there head of what they want, or is it a romanticized dream?
Hound

Post by Hound »

I'm with Plas on this one. Women seem to seek out heartache and misery, so let 'em. There are better things to do than play mind games.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

yeah, but they play them with us
and they're quite good at wraping us around their fingers
Hound

Post by Hound »

Only if you let them. I, for one, don't play games...
The Plant
Protoform

Post by The Plant »

Originally posted by Hound
Only if you let them. I, for one, don't play games...
I don't like to either, but it seems to be a givin most of the time.
Oh, this is rich! She's mad at ME! LOL :wall: :)
Hound

Post by Hound »

So tell her, "Look I haven't got time for this, besides you do a little too much 'challenging' for my taste..."
ThePeacemkr2
Protoform

Post by ThePeacemkr2 »

Tell her something along the lines of 'Im sorry you want me to argue with you, and threaten you, but I prefer being in non-abusive relationships, thank you'

Cause thats just.... strange... that she wants you to 'challenge her' more. :confused:

Well, I will probably never understand the minds of females... too confusing.
He's alive. Go figure.
Windshear
Protoform

Post by Windshear »

Well, let me say that the situations have been reversed for me in the past. The guys I dated before I found Mr. Nice all played games. Come here go away come here go away. And I was very frank and honest with them. I finally got fed up and decided to heck with it. If one is worthy they can hang around. Fortunately, there are plenty worthy ones out there.

Its probably human nature for women to want to have the rough guy. Anthropologically speaking, the stronger and more aggressive men usually made better babies (good genes survival genes and all). Or so the theory goes. By the same token, the more attentive ones made better daddy's. So there are two sides to the coin. I think that the idea of it being societal is probably most accurate. Our media, movies, etc really glamorize the tough guy. But I've seen recently that a lot of tough guys in movies acutally have a decent side. Let's hope that a lot of people actually see the decent side before the rough side.

Windshear
Ulticron
Protoform

Post by Ulticron »

Plant all i gotta say is don't even bother givvin her a second thought. Don't worry, dont' sweat, don't nuttin, jes live ure life an for GodCron's sake if u ain't got ure books bak get em back. Ure books are worth more than her, trust me on that one. I give ya 2 months tops an u won't even remember her name, trust me on this one.

Seriously i don't sweat women NEmore, i dont' care, an it doesn't matter. I have 2 lovely ladies that i love dearly Cron 2A which is the machine i'm currently on, and Cron 5 my very lovely and precious car.

When more men start getting my attitude an not givvin women the time of day they'll learn to treat us w/some respect. It all goes bak to the old saying if u jes ignore the problem it'll go away, an in this case that's quite literally true.

As for this chick though, u really shouldn't invest NEmore of ure time into her, unless you jes have time to throw away and you like your selfesteem trashed.

EDIT: if u really want female compainship i'll tell ya what i'm doin rite now that seems to be keeping me happy. I met this girl in an online chat room, all we do is email one another on a daily basis, i don't expect nothing from her except a letter everyday and i'm happy w/that. You probably don't need love or something all deep an mushy you jes need female compainionship, an it's not impossible to find.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

LMAO

your idea only works if you don't mind sleeping alone all your life.

Way it's always been man, The guys chase the girls and if we're lucky, they might give us the time of day.

Though I have to agree when I wasn't activly seeking a lady, more of them came on to me (usually in bad spots, like when I'm hanging upside down on a cord fixing a lighting problem)

That and sometimes the hunt and chase is fun :D
Ulticron
Protoform

Post by Ulticron »

*L* there's always pluses to sleeping alone Maximus, you can hog all the covers, an you can hog all the pillows :D

Seriously the more time that passes that i'm alone the more i like the whole deal of it. I was watching an episode of Star Trek Deep Space 9 and Odo jes cracked me up when he gave his take on relationships. Basically he said it was more or less the male compromising AKA givving up everything he liked an doing what she wanted to and being miserable. An after i got done laughing at it i was like Ya know for a shape shifter he's right.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

then that's a bad relationship

I'd gladly give up the covers somenights (well more than some, ;) ) for somebody warm and comforting beside me (yes there is this soft and squishy side to Maximus, but it doesn't come out often)

Seriously me and mine have ALOT of the same interests and share alot of things togeather. But if I want to play a vid, then she goes on the puter, or studies or watches TV in the other room
I don't give up anything that I love to do because of a relationship, as a matter of fact I find that I do more because of it.
it's all worth it when you find that one :D

ok, enough of this sappy cr@p, back to being a jerk