[RID,UT] How Come Rodimus Exists in energon (Not Hotrod?)

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Slugslinger_Energon
Protoform

How Come Rodimus Exists in energon (Not Hotrod?)

Post by Slugslinger_Energon »

hey all just a thought

if rodimus exists in energon that means at one point he mustve been hot rod right? or in this reality, has rodimus just exisited?

or did hot rod just "grow up" and become rodimus, as his name is rodimus, not rodimus prime ala g1 movie... (which would mean at one point he had the matrix as prime died?!)

thoughts?
"Are we the people or some kind of monster?"
Darth Shrapnel
Protoform

Post by Darth Shrapnel »

Different continuity.
"Im drowning in footwear!"
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Originally posted by Darth Shrapnel
Different continuity.

Shazzam!

Get that man a Cigar!
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

Hot Rod doesn´t exist anymore.

They lost the name, so instead there is(not was) a "Hot Shot".
In a perfect world, this would be a signature. As it stands, it's just the lack of.
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

But even if they still had the rights to the name "Hot Rod", it'd still be a different character..

Alternate universes rock your socks!
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

hot rod was alive in the jap continuity(armada) but it was changed to hot shot in energon for some reason...
which lets out another deej question:are they the same charecter in superlink/micron like they are in armada/energon? or are they like the convoys,diffrent charecters?
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

as far as I know - everything's the same in Superlink as it was in Micron Legends - otherwise it'd be hard to explain why AR Megatron was entombed inside unicron...
DeltaSilver88

Post by DeltaSilver88 »

Here are some questions... I'm really not sure about this, but are Armada Hot Shot and Energon Hot Shot the same character ? They must be if they have the same voice...

And how did Hot Shot get those odd 'cat ears' ? I mean, how was it possible for his whole frame to change ?

And this is odd.... Does anyone know who was the Decepticon whose Spark Scorponok has ?

And now I understand that G1 and Energon are totally different worlds... Alpha Q in Energon is a good character, but the Movie Quintessons were evil.

And this (I think this question doesn't belong here, but...): Who are Tarantulas, Cheetor, Rhinox, Terrorsaur, Airazor and Razorclaw ? Who and what is Nemesis Prime and how/why did he appear ? And is there a character called Predacon (I don't mean those Beast Wars Predacons, I mean just Predacon) ? I think Predacon's just a fanfic character, but I don't know. Crab did a good job with that char., he's a very unpleasant creature.. Predacon...:eek: But OK... well....

Rapidswoop: Shut up already.
Delta: Wait... :wtf: What are you doing up there in that tree ?
Rapidswoop: Birdwatching...
Delta: Oh-kay.... :sweatdrop How did you get there in the first place ?
Rapidswoop: Just drove up... Well, of course not ! Some stupid Decepticon picked me up and dropped me here ! Can someone help me down ? :o
Bluejolt *comes driving there*: Well, I can ! Hold on tight ! *drives against the tree*
Rapidswoop: GAH ! *falls down* You little... Wait till I get my hands on you ! :mad:
Bluejolt: Whoops... *drives away as fast as he can, with Rapidswoop right behind him*
Delta: Alright... Those two... :sweatdrop

Greatshot (in the middle): "Six against one? Don't worry, boys, I've got a mode for each of ya."
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Rodimus came out of the factory with that name. Just like Optimus did. The Rodimus\Hot-Rod transformation only occured in G1.

The characters you ask for...

Tarantulas was Megatron's scientist in BW. Really freaky type, quite the pervert.
Cheetor was the youngest member of the Axalon's crew. One of his toys was repainted and used in the armada toyline under the same name. The actual character only existed in the G1-BW universe.
Terrosaur was another of Megatron's men in BW. Often defined by his cowardness and squeeky sounds. Treacherous. One of his toys was repainted ala Cheetor in Armada. He never made an appearance in the armada show.
Rhinox was the scientist on the Axalon during BW. He's a fan favourite, mainly because of his guns :glance: For his toy, see Terrosaur and Cheetor.
Airrazor made an appearance later in BW. She's the scout for the Maximals. One of her toy versions was also re-used.
Razorclaw is...hmm. Firstly, he appeared in G1 as the leader of the combiner group Predacons. Transformed into a lion. Secondly, there was a minor toy named like that in BW. Turned into a crab, I think. Lastly and more importantly, he is one of Unicron's henchmen in the series Transformers Universe. Supposed to be a corrupted version of Tigerhawk, another BW character from another reality.

Predacon is a repaint of BW Megatron [transmetal version]. Had a comic I think, but never appeared in any show.

Hot Shot could have gotten upgraded. As for the spark, it could be Thrust's, as he died on Unicron in the end of Armada.
DeltaSilver88

Post by DeltaSilver88 »

Hey, yeah, you could be right! That's probably why Scorponok and Thrust share the same voice actor! Eh... alright... Thrust wanted power for himself, joined Unicron and defied Megatron. Scorponok is loyal to both Megatron and Alpha Q, but ends up obeying Megatron (because of the Decepticon insignia, right ?). Irony spotted.

Greatshot (in the middle): "Six against one? Don't worry, boys, I've got a mode for each of ya."
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Uhhhhh...wait. Wasn't Scorponok from Alpha Q's home planet?
DeltaSilver88

Post by DeltaSilver88 »

Well, yeah... but he's got the Spark of a dead Decepticon warrior, and Thrust is a very possible choice of being that dead warrior.

Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Originally posted by Tempest
Shazzam!

Get that man a Cigar!

:wall:
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Chris McFeely
Protoform

Post by Chris McFeely »

Originally posted by fort_max
Uhhhhh...wait. Wasn't Scorponok from Alpha Q's home planet?

Originally, yes, he was the Grand Chamberlain of the planet, who detonated the core to try and destroy Unicron. When Scorponok is then introduced in the series, and we get those flashbacks to Planet Q's demise, the implication is that Alpha Q revived Scorponok the way he did the Terrorcons.

However, it is revealed in episode 33 that the original Scorponok's spark was extinguished in his sacrificial act - Alpha Q actually used the spark of a wandering Decepticon to complete his new Scorponok.

But this episode never got dubbed. >_<
Darth Shrapnel
Protoform

Post by Darth Shrapnel »

Originally posted by DeltaSilver88
ends up obeying Megatron (because of the Decepticon insignia, right ?)

No, it wasn`t the insignia.
First he was loyal to Alpha Q because he gave him life.
When the new universe was created he was given a new life by Megatron, so now his loyalty was with him. He explains that to Ironhide in the final episode.
DeltaSilver88

Post by DeltaSilver88 »

A new life ? :wtf:

Darth Shrapnel
Protoform

Post by Darth Shrapnel »

Originally posted by DeltaSilver88
A new life ? :wtf:

Yes, he was killed in battle, but Megatron revived him.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by The Original Chris
However, it is revealed in episode 33 that the original Scorponok's spark was extinguished in his sacrificial act - Alpha Q actually used the spark of a wandering Decepticon to complete his new Scorponok.

But this episode never got dubbed. >_<

I see. Thanks.
Chris McFeely
Protoform

Post by Chris McFeely »

Originally posted by Darth Shrapnel
No, it wasn`t the insignia.
First he was loyal to Alpha Q because he gave him life.
When the new universe was created he was given a new life by Megatron, so now his loyalty was with him. He explains that to Ironhide in the final episode.

Well, surely it was simply the brainwashing Megatron subjected him to. Scorponok didn't choose to follow Megatron of his own accord, he got hit with brainwashing voodoo, the same was Inferno was. That explanation's just the brainwashing talking.

I mean, if that explanation were actually accurate, that would be an even WORSE ass-rape of the character than the brainwashing already is.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Original Chirs...I think you're wrong. There was no brainwashing in Superlink.

Before the big rush on Unicron's body in episodes 26-29 , Mega Zarak was just faking to be loyal to Galvatron, in order to learn of his plans in advance and help Alpha Q. He served as a spy, if you'd like.

After the attack, he was lost in space and in a very bad condition, so Galvatron healed him and re-newed his Destron mark. He even said that he'd make it stronger this time, to avoid any mishaps. So Megazarak woke up and served Galvatron because he saved his life, just like Alpha Q had done in the past.

Inferno had difficulties because his Cybertron programming was fighting the Destron programming [explaining it in machine terms]. No brainwashing in the schedule.