Transformers Room 101

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cliffjumper

Transformers Room 101

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yep, I'm at it again. The concept is from the British chat-cum-comedy show, rather than the novel by Morrissey. It's simple. Pick five things from Transformers' past media, be it storylines, characters, production staff, whole series, that you'd like erased from history, never to darken our multiversal kids' franchise again...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Fembots, Eric Holmes, Kiss Players, Fangry and whichever muppet decided that "Dark Glass" was too important to the later narrative for inclusion and replaced it with "Go With the Flow" (where they can't even pronounce lever).

Or, y'know, whoever decided to pay-off elements in the series finale from an episode that had never even been produced... but I've a feeling that was Furman.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Giving Blitzwing's role to Octane in the second half of G1 Season 3
The Underbase Saga
Stopping the G2 comic after just 12 issues.
Bob Skir
The Armada/Energon/Cybertron Trilogy
Civ

Post by Civ »

• Kiss Players
  • The non-realistic colors for those damn Seekers. Have them be mostly gray with different highlights. Whoever okay'ed that needs to be kicked hard.
  • G1 Blurr
  • Mechanibals
  • Pretenders
As a side not, I'm shocked neither Cliffy not Halfshell mentioned Gun Megs and no one's mentioned Pat Lee.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

action masters

Dreamwave's bankruptcy

transformers cybertron series

pretenders

throttlebots

kiss players
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Civ wrote:As a side not, I'm shocked neither Cliffy not Halfshell mentioned Gun Megs and no one's mentioned Pat Lee.
I think Gun Megs is daft, but the first four I mentioned are genuine affronts to everything I hold sacred. By which I mean my sanity.

Pat Lee essentially wiped himself from existence as far as I'm concerned. I can quite happily pretend Dreamwave never happened, with only minimal side effects. :)

The rest are things I can't ignore... Fangry will always be there whenever I try and enjoy the tail end of the Marvel run, being annoying and unkillable. I live in fear that Megs Origin will become an integral part of IDW's continuity (maybe when we're done I'll be able to ignore it in the way I do Marvel's GI Joe crossover, but until then there's always the chance...). Kiss Players scarred my mind. And the less said about the long-term repurcussions of "The Search for Alpha Trion" the better...
Skidmark wrote:action masters

Dreamwave's bankruptcy

transformers cybertron series

pretenders

throttlebots

kiss players
That's six.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

sorry.nobody's perfect.
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

True, but being able to stop counting after five generally doesn't qualify as perfection...
Rossum
Protoform

Post by Rossum »

Kiss Players,
Fembots,
Death of the shuttle Autobots in the first movie (Prime at least got to come back),
The hackiest parts of the script for the 2007 movie,
All of Dreamwave (just so fans will get the hell over it already).
Halfshell wrote:I live in fear that Megs Origin will become an integral part of IDW's continuity (maybe when we're done I'll be able to ignore it in the way I do Marvel's GI Joe crossover, but until then there's always the chance...).
I finally got a hold of Megatron: Origin, and while it's disappointing/confusing, it's not really as bad as everyone seems to be making it out to be. Is it more that people are angry because the events covered (start of the war, rise of Megatron) are so important, and didn't get the treatment they should have?
Civ

Post by Civ »

Rossum wrote:All of Dreamwave (just so fans will get the hell over it already).
All of it? Can't we keep the parts where Grimlock gets his ass beaten in?
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Five things that need to be erased from history, in order:

1) Wheelie (nobody mentioned everyone's favorite rhyming Autobot?:eek:)
2) Kiss players
3) The ending for Beast Machines (the whole Techno-organic Cybertron deal)
4) Pat Lee
5) Dinobots as wimps (especially Grimlock in an apron)
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

1. People who think KISS Players = pedophilia

2. People who don't find pure comedy gold in the way others react to KISS Players.

3. Attempts to dismiss KISS Players from continuity when it in fact fills in all the gaps in Takara's timeline.

4. People who sell KISS Player figures for $300 on eBay

5. People that will miss the obvious in this post
dotCommunism
Protoform

Post by dotCommunism »

Two Megatrons

Another vote for female transformers (or more accurately introducing the idea of sexes to transformers in the first place)

Circuit Breaker

Megatron Origin

Quintessons
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

(not necessarily ranked one over the other)

5) "...For I am its heart and fiery soul." (edit: that, or Ironhide being rescued off panel, since both are Devastation #6 references)
4) "War and Peace". An easter egg ridden wankfest that makes Megatron: Origin's similar examples look moderate.
3) "Wut's crackin', little bitches?"
2) Not so much fembots, but more specifically, pink clad robots that wear lipstick, or who can "interface" with Optimus Prime.
1) The superfluous amount of characters and battles in Beast Wars: The Ascending
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Badly thought out quick cash in Marvel reprints,
any E Hobby toy based on background animation errors,
Galvatron's French voice,
Star Sabre's urine stained bed sheet (the lyric about him wetting the bed is good barmy fun but do we need it visualised?),
Any female supporting human from the UK comic.

Though if I'm taking away so many things I'd like to add something- A decent conclusion to a Furman written storyline.
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

I'm not knowledgable enough about Transformers but what the heck.

Fembots

That's all.
that, or Ironhide being rescued off panel, since both are Devastation #6 references)
What? That didn't happen!

Did it?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

My own choices... These only relate to continuities I actually like. Shit like Armada or Dreamwave can do what it likes, I don't care.

> Prime killing himself in Afterdeath. Just really badly done, and a millstone around the comic's neck. Sure, fanfic got the excellent suicide idea, but I'd rather be able to mention the comic without some wanker bringing it up.

> Arcee's needless appearances in the Marvel comic - there was no reason for her to appear, we just got a lame B&W and the post-Movie stories turning to shit.

> The whole Earthforce timescale thing. No forward planning, and once Furman had his cushy American job, no care taken...

> Circuit Breaker. The same five damn lines for what felt like five years, while actual Transformers got shunted to the sidelines. Seriously, she had more panel-time than about three-quarters of the line.

> Ravage turning up as a mindless cartoon robot cat in later US issues.

Anything involving Longtooth in any way, shape or form is a given, obviously.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

quintesons
sari sumdac
armada
all that green and purple on classics megatron
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Vincent wrote:What? That didn't happen!

Did it?
Yes.

Well, either he was rescued off-panel, or Ark-32 left Earth without Ironhide, Wheeljack or Hardhead.

Hardhead bounces down to tell Hot Rod it's time to go. Hot Rod tells him to just take Wheeljack and Ironhide.

So, either Hardhead returned to the Ark with both his comrades, or skipped back up alone. Which is more likely?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I like to think that they just didn't bother with Ironhide. I mean, he had just wasted six issues of our, I mean their lives.

What's the word for a subplot that doesn't have a plot?