Headmaster

Vid of Trypticon
https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php...d=317740274911

Scotimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-14, 06:54 PM   #42
Blitzwing
was here way before you.

British Columbia

I've been pretty happy with the line so far. I just picked up Hot Rod this week and I do have one complaint though. I'm not really a fan of the way most of the cars (Hot Rod, Breakaway, Chromedome) don't really try to incorporate their guns into their vehicle modes.

I guess this complaint could also be made with Combiner Wars, but for some reason, it didn't bother me as much as it does with the cars in the Titans Return line.

Blitzwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-14, 08:07 PM   #43
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Anyone else really like Kup or is it just me? Seen a fair few negative or meh comments online but I think it captures and updates the original toy really well.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-14, 08:16 PM   #44
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzwing View Post
I've been pretty happy with the line so far. I just picked up Hot Rod this week and I do have one complaint though. I'm not really a fan of the way most of the cars (Hot Rod, Breakaway, Chromedome) don't really try to incorporate their guns into their vehicle modes.
I think Hot Rod is fine, since his guns were designed to mount on his engine block like his Targetmaster partner used to do back in the day. It's a little awkward but it pushes the right nostalgic buttons for me, at least, since I grew up with TM Hot Rod. But in general you're right. The car-bots in the last few waves have done very little to hide or integrate their weapons. Most of them ruin the car-mode look if they're attached.

I think that might be because the weapons have been so substantial lately, though. It's a lot easier to hide the tiny little pistol that Universe Sunstreaker came with than it is CW Streetwise's shotgun or TR Hot Rod's giant rifles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denyer View Post
Anyone else really like Kup or is it just me? Seen a fair few negative or meh comments online but I think it captures and updates the original toy really well.
If Kup had grey arms all the way down like the toy, it'd look great. As-is there's too much teal for my liking, at least in pics. I like that they attempted the toy look (having grown up with a TM Kup alongside that Hot Rod) but I don't think they quite pulled it off.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-14, 10:49 PM   #45
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Considering where they end up on the alt-mode, it seems fair enough. Also gives the robot mode more definition whereas the original was a cab with limbs projecting out from the sides. The way that TR figures flatten cockpits etc is pretty impressive.

Old 2017-03-15, 05:00 PM   #46
Blitzwing
was here way before you.

British Columbia

I like Sargent Kup from the Generations line a lot better than what I've seen of the Titans Return Kup. I think the TR Kup would make for a solid Crosshairs retool though.

Blitzwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-25, 09:25 PM   #47
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Smile

Quick and dirty Siren from Getaway without any consideration for alt-mode:

http://i.imgur.com/tu8bXnT.jpg

Old 2017-06-25, 10:47 PM   #48
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Works for me! The transformation is even pretty close.

The all-blue chest really highlights the torso's IDW Chromedome shape the way neither of the official figures managed, too.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-26, 02:06 AM   #49
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!

I like it! Actually, I think that mold works a lot better for Siren or even Nightbeat than it does for Breakaway.

As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Heinrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-26, 05:32 AM   #50
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Just what i was thinking

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-11, 12:56 AM   #51
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY
Smile

I found the voyager Optimus Prime and the headmaster Repugnus and Shuffler a little while back. I like the little guys! They're cute! And Shuffler has a decent weapon mode as well.

I picked up the Prime because I had a passing interest in the Black Convoy version Takara put out and wanted to know the mold first, and... well. Money saved! He's a bit like Broadside in that he has only two modes. He does not have a third, airplane mode. Only the two. Only. Two.

But really, the basic problem with this mold is the same problem with the deluxe Octane from a few years ago. Instead of letting the wings just run the length of the truck mode (say, underneath it?) so that they can be better proportioned to the plane, they made the wings fold up inside the truck, leaving them comically small.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote