The Transformers Archive Skip to main content / Also skip section headers

[The Transformers Archive - an international fan site]
Please feel free to log in or register.

 
  • transformers toys
  • transformers comics
  • transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > COMMUNITY > Other Toys, Cartoons & Comics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2017-08-01, 04:33 PM   #1121
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.
 
Warcry's Avatar
 
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
I don't own any yet, and the ones I have seen so far in store (Spidey: Homecoming, Spidey w/ Vulture) haven't struck a chord. There's nothing terribly wrong with them, just nothing super special. The Homecoming one's proportions of torso and arm length looked off to me somehow.
The Homecoming one is one of their weaker recent efforts, I think. I don't think it's awful, but they put out so many Spideys per year that they really need to make them special if they're going to stand out. And the one with Vulture is the Young Spidey mold with less articulation than the adult ones, so again, it's good but not as good as the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
On a side note, I picked up Moon Knight at Walmart the other day, simply because they had 2, and holy crap he looks really good.
*jealous*

Moon Knight's probably my #1 want right now (though that's because I just got my previous #1 want...), but the Homecoming wave still hasn't been stocked even though the movie's been out for a month now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
The X-Factor one is a good look too. What color combo? I'm not a polished comic-guy, but Google shows me blue/yellow and navy/white? The navy/white looks sharp.
They all look good, but the navy/white was what I was thinking of. That was the Cyclops they made a toy of back in the early 90s, I think, and I always wanted more X-Men toys and never got that one. It would probably work as a straight repaint of the Dark Phoenix one. The only niggle is that the X pattern on the chest would look awkward if you used the ab crunch.

I'd love an X-Factor Jean too. The red/yellow outfit with the same pattern as Cyclops looked really, really good. But for both of them, they've got so many good, popular outfits that I'm not going to hold my breath for any particular one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyquake87 View Post
Still, I'm otherwise pretty stoked that a fairly forgotten take on Death' Head has not only come out in the 'good' action figure size, but has no doubt annoyed a lot of fanboys who'd rather not have had Mantis as a BAF. Hasbro, I salute you!
My understanding is that Death's Head couldn't be a BAF because he's built on a normal body, while Mantis required so much new tooling that they couldn't reuse on other characters that it was the only way they could budget for her at all. Death's Head, for all his impressiveness, is about 80% reused parts.

Meanwhile, Toys'R'Us finally got these in stock.



Not until after the 35% off sale ended, naturally, but in this case I don't even mind spending full price. They both look great! The dark wash over Cyclops's blue was obvious from photos, but I didn't realize that Jean had the same sort of colour gradients too. In Cyclops's case, it really helps to make a very simple costume pop visually, and gives it a realistic look. It has less of an impact on Jean, whose got a lot more going on visually anyway, but still looks nice.

Dark Phoenix does stand better than the previous one, though not as much better as I'd hoped. She'll stand up pretty well on her own, but as soon as I put her firebird accessory on she starts tipping over. I think I like it better on Green Jean anyway, though, and that one's on a flight stand 99% of the time, so it works out.

I do wish Cyclops came with some accessories of his own, even just a swappable fist for his left hand so he wasn't stuck in optic blast/heroic pointing mode all the time. An unmasked head with his red shades would have been nice, actually. The different head options for Jean are great, but I don't think she quite needed three of them. Especially since the straight-haired option (while pretty) really doesn't fit the character at all. She was Phoenix in the late 70s, after all. She needs BIG HAIR.

But having the same head sculpt twice, one normal and one in "overflowing with dark power" mode, was a stroke of genius. Because it lets you do this!



I'm not on the "green Phoenix has an awful head" bandwagon, not at all. I think the 2016 head was fine. I do like the new head (or rather the new hair) better, but the #1 benefit is simply that it means that I don't have two figures meant to represent the same person with totally different faces.

If they had to include a third Phoenix head, though, it's a real shame they didn't toss in a Rachel Summers instead. She wore this outfit for a while when she was Phoenix, after all.

But if I'm evaluating it on what it actually is instead of what I wished it was, this is a solid 9/10 box set that only loses a point because of Jean's small feet and weak ankles.

Here's a couple more pics, because these figures are just so nice!





I hope we get a couple more figures from this era in the next wave. It's great that they're giving us a good mix of early costumes, 90s Jim Lee stuff and more modern designs, but the Cockrum/Byrne days are where most of my favourite takes on older characters come from.
 
Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-02, 03:25 PM   #1122
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
 
Brendocon 2.0's Avatar
 
UK
Red face

Mother****er. I'd been resisting that two-pack on the grounds that it's not available over here and the Jim Lee Cyclops has started shelfwarming at retail...

Now I need it.

Git.
 
Brendocon 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-02, 03:51 PM   #1123
ganon578
GO BLUE!
 
ganon578's Avatar
 
NoCo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
*jealous*

Moon Knight's probably my #1 want right now (though that's because I just got my previous #1 want...), but the Homecoming wave still hasn't been stocked even though the movie's been out for a month now.
Well, all the Homecoming stuff has pretty much sold through at the Walmart that stocked it by me. Don't know if more will come in, but it came and went quickly. Glad I found MK when I did... though I still haven't had time to sit and open him yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
They all look good, but the navy/white was what I was thinking of. That was the Cyclops they made a toy of back in the early 90s, I think, and I always wanted more X-Men toys and never got that one. It would probably work as a straight repaint of the Dark Phoenix one. The only niggle is that the X pattern on the chest would look awkward if you used the ab crunch.
You're right, that X would look quite out of place crunched over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
I'd love an X-Factor Jean too. The red/yellow outfit with the same pattern as Cyclops looked really, really good. But for both of them, they've got so many good, popular outfits that I'm not going to hold my breath for any particular one.
I saw that one when I did my previous Google search - looks sharp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
Meanwhile, Toys'R'Us finally got these in stock.

Not until after the 35% off sale ended, naturally, but in this case I don't even mind spending full price. They both look great! The dark wash over Cyclops's blue was obvious from photos, but I didn't realize that Jean had the same sort of colour gradients too. In Cyclops's case, it really helps to make a very simple costume pop visually, and gives it a realistic look. It has less of an impact on Jean, whose got a lot more going on visually anyway, but still looks nice.
That's usually the case. I hear stories all the time of Star Wars sales at TRU with practically empty shelves everywhere. If that's the case, just put them on clearance! Don't bother getting people's hopes up. BTW, I understand TRU has been putting the 6" SW Black Series Tie Fighter on clearance for $2 here in the States. $2!!! At that price, I think I'd try to find space for the giant thing!

It's amazing how much a little color wash can go a long way. I have a Shoretrooper from Rogue One that looks pretty amazing simply because he has some sandy-ish battle grime on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
Dark Phoenix does stand better than the previous one, though not as much better as I'd hoped. She'll stand up pretty well on her own, but as soon as I put her firebird accessory on she starts tipping over. I think I like it better on Green Jean anyway, though, and that one's on a flight stand 99% of the time, so it works out.
Yep. That's why I'm not too bothered by Green Jean's feet on mine. At least on a flight stand I don't have to worry about her starting the domino effect on my shelf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
I do wish Cyclops came with some accessories of his own, even just a swappable fist for his left hand so he wasn't stuck in optic blast/heroic pointing mode all the time. An unmasked head with his red shades would have been nice, actually. The different head options for Jean are great, but I don't think she quite needed three of them. Especially since the straight-haired option (while pretty) really doesn't fit the character at all. She was Phoenix in the late 70s, after all. She needs BIG HAIR.
Accessories is always a complaint of mine when you're paying $20+ a figure. Hasbro seems to do a decent job with the Marvel stuff (mostly), but most of their SW stuff has a only a rifle. No hands, extra heads, Jedi cloaks, or whatever. Don't even get me started on the DC Multiverse stuff. It's sad in this set though, that Phoenix comes with some a few items and Cyclops is pretty bare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
But if I'm evaluating it on what it actually is instead of what I wished it was, this is a solid 9/10 box set that only loses a point because of Jean's small feet and weak ankles.
I've heard it's a good and quite popular set amongst collectors. I haven't seen it out in the wild, but I also rarely travel to a TRU. I'm glad I don't though, since I'd probably pick one up even though I don't need one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
I hope we get a couple more figures from this era in the next wave. It's great that they're giving us a good mix of early costumes, 90s Jim Lee stuff and more modern designs, but the Cockrum/Byrne days are where most of my favourite takes on older characters come from.
It's nice to see them continue to put out the various X-men. I think I'm essentially done with what I wanted, as my team consists of Cyclops, Jean, Wolverine, Rogue, Colossus, and Cable. Maybe an Iceman if he goes on good clearance near me. Not pressed to pay over $10 for that figure.

On an acquisition note, I came off vacation this week to releases of the DC Multiverse Justice League! So here was my plan: Pick up Supes, Flash, and maybe Cyborg or Aquaman...

...then I went to Target. Where they had the whole wave. Damn. Batman in his tactical armor looks reeeaaally nice. And Cyborg doesn't look too bad. And I like Aquaman's full set of armor. Do I need another Wonder Woman that is essentially the same as the one I got a couple months ago minus her shield? No, but if I'm getting the other 5, might as well get her to and finish Steppenwolf...

...so now I have the whole wave. Like Moon Knight though, I haven't opened them yet (just got them yesterday). All the sculpting and paint looks fantastic on each figure, from what I can tell through the package. Oddly, it appears that Flash and Aquaman have ball joint hips. Bats, Cyborg, Supes, and likely Wonder Woman all have the old Mattel hip joints. Also oddly (and not as cool), I don't think any of the six have ab crunch joints. Most of their armor would be easily suited to accomodate this, or even better a ball joint like the SW BS figures... but no. CURSE YOU MATTEL!!! And Aquaman? One open fist (to hold his trident), one closed fist??? What sense does that make? On a (hopefully) positive note, Supes and Bats both have cloth capes. I hope they drape well over the back, but on the positive side they should be better balanced.

I'll try to post some pics when I get a chance.

Well, I guess I need to start selling some stuff to make some room.
 


3DS Friend Code: 0387-9979-6466
Nintendo Network ID: rondo52
ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-02, 06:28 PM   #1124
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.
 
Warcry's Avatar
 
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendocon 2.0 View Post
Mother****er. I'd been resisting that two-pack on the grounds that it's not available over here and the Jim Lee Cyclops has started shelfwarming at retail...

Now I need it.

Git.
I'd feel bad about that, but I haven't seen a single Jim Lee Cyclops, let alone shelfwarming ones, so nah. Haven't seen Beardlossus either, but at least I can order that one off of US Amazon for what amounts to Canadian retail, shipping included. Still haven't decided if the cool face sculpt outweighs the blah costume choice, there.

But yeah, this set's about as much of a "need it" as it can be for fans of old X-Men stuff. If it helps, some Asian retailers have had them in and out of stock for basically US retail price? And yesterday was the official release date for the thing, so maybe it'll start popping up in UK Toys'R'Us stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
Well, all the Homecoming stuff has pretty much sold through at the Walmart that stocked it by me. Don't know if more will come in, but it came and went quickly. Glad I found MK when I did... though I still haven't had time to sit and open him yet.
My local TRU got in one case, there was nothing left when I visited except for the extra of the double-packed Spidey, and that's it so far. When they restocked, it was with GOTG stuff. Same thing happened with the X-wave...they got two cases, sold them and then it was on to something else. When it comes down to it, I think they just produce too much product in a year. But with so many movies coming out, and the Spidey and X-Men stuff both driving enough demand to support standalone, non-movie waves, I don't know what the solution is (other than, obviously, to keep making the stuff I like and drop the lines I'm not interested in ).

Honestly, it's a shame that they have to brand the movie stuff as Legends nowadays rather than their own separate toylines like they used to. If the Homecoming wave was wave #1 of its own thing rather than wave #274 of Legends, it would definitely be heavily stocked and it wouldn't be pushing out the waves that came before it, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
You're right, that X would look quite out of place crunched over.
And even worse if you use the crunch to bend them backwards. But that's the sacrifice you make for getting tons of articulation, I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
BTW, I understand TRU has been putting the 6" SW Black Series Tie Fighter on clearance for $2 here in the States. $2!!! At that price, I think I'd try to find space for the giant thing!
That's nuts. At that price I'd try to justify buying an entire squadron! But alas, no room for even one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
Yep. That's why I'm not too bothered by Green Jean's feet on mine. At least on a flight stand I don't have to worry about her starting the domino effect on my shelf!
Iceman's the one who was always taking suicide dives from my shelf to see who else he could take with him. The only way I can get him to stay put for any length of time is to get him in a crouch. Jean's not as bad as that, but bad enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
Accessories is always a complaint of mine when you're paying $20+ a figure. Hasbro seems to do a decent job with the Marvel stuff (mostly), but most of their SW stuff has a only a rifle. No hands, extra heads, Jedi cloaks, or whatever. Don't even get me started on the DC Multiverse stuff. It's sad in this set though, that Phoenix comes with some a few items and Cyclops is pretty bare.
You're right, the Marvel stuff definitely does a better job than most other lines. The distribution can be odd, with one figure having five accessories and others having none, but more often than not they do a good job of getting characters the parts they need. Though thinking about it, Cyke and Jean plus two spare heads is the equivalent of a pair of normal retail figures that come with a BAF part and nothing else, so this set could definitely do with a few more accessories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
It's nice to see them continue to put out the various X-men. I think I'm essentially done with what I wanted, as my team consists of Cyclops, Jean, Wolverine, Rogue, Colossus, and Cable. Maybe an Iceman if he goes on good clearance near me. Not pressed to pay over $10 for that figure.
Yeah, Iceman is not really worth a full price purchase.

For my part, I'd need at least Nightcrawler, Beast and Storm before I could consider my team "complete", and on the villain side, Magneto, Mister Sinister, Sabertooth and Mystique (Apocalypse can pound sand). And there's a bunch more, probably a couple dozen, that I'd buy if they did them right. Banshee, Syren, Jubilee, Gambit, Shadowcat from the Excalibur days, Meggan, Rachael Summers, a Polaris that isn't terrible, 70s Colossus, Forge, Thunderbird, Cannonball, a non-slutty Magik, Wolfsbane, late 80s Dazzler, Longshot and X-23 all come to mind off of the top of my head, and I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of.

Heck, with Domino and 90s Cable coming in the Deadpool wave I'm even tempted to go buy Shatterstar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
On an acquisition note, I came off vacation this week to releases of the DC Multiverse Justice League! So here was my plan: Pick up Supes, Flash, and maybe Cyborg or Aquaman...
Whoa, wait...that movie's coming out this year? Where does the time go?

But at least they're getting the merch out early, unlike Marvel's movies.

Honestly, I can't say I'm excited by most of the DC movie designs. Wonder Woman is great and Batman is Batman, but all the others seem like they're actively worse than their traditional designs. Flash even manages to look worse than the mediocre TV show suit. Though who knows, maybe they're better in toy form?
 

Last edited by Warcry; 2017-08-02 at 06:41 PM.
Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-03, 03:41 PM   #1125
ganon578
GO BLUE!
 
ganon578's Avatar
 
NoCo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
When it comes down to it, I think they just produce too much product in a year. But with so many movies coming out, and the Spidey and X-Men stuff both driving enough demand to support standalone, non-movie waves, I don't know what the solution is (other than, obviously, to keep making the stuff I like and drop the lines I'm not interested in ).
You're right on that. And when things are overstocked and clog the shelves, it's easy to miss a wave or two (or six) simply because they aren't stocked/ordered. One Wal-mart (out of the 5 in my general vicinity) stocked the DC King Shark wave. Everything else was still packed to the gills with old Suicide Squad stuff and the Doomsday wave (and a metric crap-ton of Armored Bats from BvS). With the Marvel stuff, it seems that the popular/short-packed figures sell quick and the others clog and stick around forever. I'm sure it's similar to where you are, and it's frustrating.

I think your solution is the best way to go... except only with what I'm interested in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
Honestly, it's a shame that they have to brand the movie stuff as Legends nowadays rather than their own separate toylines like they used to. If the Homecoming wave was wave #1 of its own thing rather than wave #274 of Legends, it would definitely be heavily stocked and it wouldn't be pushing out the waves that came before it, either.
Somebody on the marketing boards must think that having 'Movie' stuff and 'Legends' stuff separately would be too confusing to the average consumer. It's not like the separate approach works for anyone... or that Transformers does it with no problem.

Or maybe it's retail driven? Stores not willing to sacrifice any more space for another peg of stuff from a very similar line?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
Iceman's the one who was always taking suicide dives from my shelf to see who else he could take with him. The only way I can get him to stay put for any length of time is to get him in a crouch. Jean's not as bad as that, but bad enough.
Well, that might be a reason for me not to buy Iceman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
For my part, I'd need at least Nightcrawler, Beast and Storm before I could consider my team "complete", and on the villain side, Magneto, Mister Sinister, Sabertooth and Mystique (Apocalypse can pound sand). And there's a bunch more, probably a couple dozen, that I'd buy if they did them right. Banshee, Syren, Jubilee, Gambit, Shadowcat from the Excalibur days, Meggan, Rachael Summers, a Polaris that isn't terrible, 70s Colossus, Forge, Thunderbird, Cannonball, a non-slutty Magik, Wolfsbane, late 80s Dazzler, Longshot and X-23 all come to mind off of the top of my head, and I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of.

Heck, with Domino and 90s Cable coming in the Deadpool wave I'm even tempted to go buy Shatterstar!
I was considering only what was out in the Legends line right now (not counting and Diamond Select, ToyBiz, etc.). My team is by no means complete, but complete for what there is. I'd be swayed by a good Gambit, Storm, and Nightcrawler for sure. Maybe not Beast though, as classic as he is. The character just doesn't appeal to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
Whoa, wait...that movie's coming out this year? Where does the time go?

But at least they're getting the merch out early, unlike Marvel's movies.

Honestly, I can't say I'm excited by most of the DC movie designs. Wonder Woman is great and Batman is Batman, but all the others seem like they're actively worse than their traditional designs. Flash even manages to look worse than the mediocre TV show suit. Though who knows, maybe they're better in toy form?
I know, right? It's out in November! I was pretty shocked to see the figures were releasing this early, without much fanfare. It seems it wasn't that long ago that Mattel officially announced them, and sure enough, here they are. I see your point on the designs, as the colors are pretty muted from their traditional comic looks, or like in the case of the Flash, there's just too much going on in the suit. I like it for whatever reason, though I can't explain it.

I have to eat my words from yesterday's 'Mattel is the Devil' rant on a few of the figures though. I had some time to open them up, even though I didn't have a ton of play time. Let's do a quick rundown:

Cyborg: Easily the weakest of the bunch. I had high hopes, but the proportions in the chest seem weird... like the chest is too puffy, or not puffy enough, or the shoulders are wonky... I don't know. It's just off. The lack of articulation doesn't help, having standard old-style Mattel joints without an ab crunch. The sculpt detail is sub-par, with definition of the 'cyborg' parts looking more like shiny rocks. Bummer. The extra gun-ish hand is a bonus.

Aquaman: A slight uptick from Cyborg, but not much. The articulation is the same, and doesn't have an ab crunch. BUT, he does have ball jointed hips! Head movement is minimal due to the hair. And as I mentioned, one open hand, one closed hand. Sculpt detail and paint apps are top notch though!

Wonder Woman: As I thought, a straight re-pack of the WW movie figure, minus the shield. Comes with the Lasso of Truth and her new sword. The bad part? The sword handle is so thick you can barely get it into her hand. The bright side is the figure itself is still really good, and the paint apps / sculpted detail are still well done.

Batman: Pretty standard. The look is really nice, and all the detailing and paint is crisp and very well done. Standard Mattel articulation, with an ab crunch! Joints are pretty tight, and it almost seemed like the movement is hindered a bit. Might have just been the plastic though. No accessories at all. Another major issue is the cape - while it drapes fine, the back of it is covered in vinyl. Pulling out of the package (through the tiny hole it's jammed through) caused the cape to roll, and now he's on a table with a heavy book flattening out his cape.

Superman: Average. Suprised at how 'lean' Supes looks compared to the rest of the wave. He's got great detailing and paint on the suit, with subtle hints of blues, etc. all over. No ab crunch, standard Mattel articulation. The lack of an ab crunch is a real downer, as a proper flight pose is near impossible, even with a stand. Cloth cape, no vinyl side unlike Batman. The face sculpt is pretty good too, but not quite spot on for Cavill.

Flash: Man was I wrong about this figure. So many surprises! There's an ab crunch that I didn't see in the package, and the knees are double jointed! Hot damn! And ball joint hips! And higher thigh cuts! It's almost like Mattel is learning from Hasbro's (and many other companies') years (decades?) of work! Sadly, the ankles are still only swivels, no rockers. Arms are single jointed, and the wrists only twist. But, I will take what I can get, and I hope Mattel keeps moving in this direction, as these minor changes make the figures so much better! Sculpt detail is great, and there are a million paint apps on this figure. All the little silver lines are crisp, as are all the other little details. In my opinion, this is the best pure figure of the bunch (it is entirely possible they blew the wave's budget on this figure).

Steppenwolf: I have nearly zero experience with the character, but he's the CnC of the wave, so now I have one. Nothing shocking to report, but the detailing is great and the paint apps are well done. Standard Mattle articulation. He's pretty beefy and stands much taller than the rest - close to double height. I'm not terribly keen on the way the armor is detailed, as it looks too organic for my tastes. And the eyes are essentially dead, with just bare grey plastic. Would have been nice for some sort of detailing there.

Overall a decent wave. Not terribly jazzed to have shucked out $120 for the set, but I may recoup some of that if I decide to sell of Steppenwolf or my second WW. Might wait until the movie comes out to pass judgement.

Sorry for the long post.
 


3DS Friend Code: 0387-9979-6466
Nintendo Network ID: rondo52
ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-04, 01:16 AM   #1126
burnitall
Triple Changer
 
burnitall's Avatar
 
Washington
Default

Picked up a Star Wars Black Series 6" Darth Vader 40th anniversary legacy pack. That's a mouthful. Anyway, Walmart had a ton of them, and they had been knocked down in price to $30. It's not the big seller they thought it would be, and I bet it goes down further. I could probably have got one for less if I were more patient, but no.

The figure itself is pretty damn good. Much improved over the old hangdog looking Vader they started with. Best soft goods of the line, too. You don't have to fight with the cape to make it presentable.
 
burnitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-04, 05:14 PM   #1127
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.
 
Warcry's Avatar
 
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
You're right on that. And when things are overstocked and clog the shelves, it's easy to miss a wave or two (or six) simply because they aren't stocked/ordered. One Wal-mart (out of the 5 in my general vicinity) stocked the DC King Shark wave. Everything else was still packed to the gills with old Suicide Squad stuff and the Doomsday wave (and a metric crap-ton of Armored Bats from BvS). With the Marvel stuff, it seems that the popular/short-packed figures sell quick and the others clog and stick around forever. I'm sure it's similar to where you are, and it's frustrating.
Legends stocking here is odd, at best. They must sell quite well, given how quickly new stuff disappears, but they're usually understocked. Walmarts usually handle them the same way they handle Generations Transformers: they'll get one case, it'll sell through in a day or two and then there won't be anything new for ages. So usually all you have on the shelves is the dregs of 2015/2016 cases (Wasp, Misty Knight, Cottonmouth, Speed Demon, Girl Beetle, Havok and Iceman), and Canadian Walmarts seem to have given up on clearancing old toys or doing rollbacks to get stock moving.

TRU are a little bit better, but still really hit or miss with anything other than exclusives. They've had multiple shipments of the exclusive Groot and get in the box sets promptly and in good numbers (in spite of fandom panics, Spidey/Mary Jane and Cyclops/Phoenix have both been readily available in store and online). But with the retail stuff, less so. It seems like they get everything, but not always on time or in great numbers. And they're not always quick about actually stocking it -- the Juggernaut wave had a "blink and you'll miss it" appearance last year, then a bunch of it showed up last month and went straight to clearance. And I'm sure the same will happen with the two cases' worth of the Absorbing Man wave that just appeared. But TRU actually has sales and puts stuff on clearance when they're obviously overstocked with old junk, so the shelfwarmers do eventually go away and they have room for more newer stuff at once.

Ironically, the quickest place to get Legends these days and the one that gets new waves the most reliably isn't even a toy store, it's EB Games -- but since they're not a toy store, they don't get much volume and if you miss it, they're probably not getting more unless it's an exclusive (they handle the Walgreens stuff up here). Thankfully I've got two literally right across the street from each other so I've got better odds than most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
I think your solution is the best way to go... except only with what I'm interested in.
Well, it actually sounds like there's a fair bit of overlap there, so I think it'd work out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
Or maybe it's retail driven? Stores not willing to sacrifice any more space for another peg of stuff from a very similar line?
There was a stretch there where every superhero or action movie seemed to be getting their own toyline, and almost all of them were unmitigated disasters. I wouldn't be surprised if that's put retailers off from ordering higher-priced items like Legends if they're explicitly branded as movie stuff, so Hasbro just releases them in the catch-all line instead. It seems like Mattel's gone in the same direction with its DC stuff, rolling movie lines up into their big-tent Multiverse brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
Well, that might be a reason for me not to buy Iceman.
Mine is apparently worse than most. But I can only talk based on my experiences and I wouldn't recommend him unless your heart was set on putting Juggernaut together. And since you returned Kitty I'm assuming that's a no?

I wasn't a huge fan of the look either, mind. I think it looks more like used chewing gum than ice. But I'm sure you've seen it in person enough times to judge whether you like it or not. Mine got tossed into the "customs" bin and got used for dry-brushing practice, though I'm not sure if the end result looks more or less like ice than the original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
Maybe not Beast though, as classic as he is. The character just doesn't appeal to me.
I'm more a fan of the design than the character, to be honest. He's likeable enough in the 90s show but in the comics I mostly feel like slapping him whenever he opens his mouth. I don't know that a toy with Legends-style articulation would do a very good job of moving and posing the way Beast does, though. They'd definitely need to figure out something with the ankles, at least, to get deeper crouches going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
Superman: Average. Suprised at how 'lean' Supes looks compared to the rest of the wave.
I think that's mainly because of the actor it's based on. That's one of the things I like about Cavil, actually. Superman shouldn't be this huge jacked guy, because he's inherently so super strong that nothing on Earth puts enough strain on his muscles to make them get that big. He'd need to regularly go, like, bench press the moon or something to get as bulky as he usually is in the comics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
Flash: Man was I wrong about this figure. So many surprises! There's an ab crunch that I didn't see in the package, and the knees are double jointed! Hot damn! And ball joint hips! And higher thigh cuts! It's almost like Mattel is learning from Hasbro's (and many other companies') years (decades?) of work! Sadly, the ankles are still only swivels, no rockers. Arms are single jointed, and the wrists only twist. But, I will take what I can get, and I hope Mattel keeps moving in this direction, as these minor changes make the figures so much better! Sculpt detail is great, and there are a million paint apps on this figure. All the little silver lines are crisp, as are all the other little details. In my opinion, this is the best pure figure of the bunch (it is entirely possible they blew the wave's budget on this figure).
This one sounds surprisingly good! Assuming the costume doesn't look as bad in plastic as it does in "real life", I may have to think about getting one. I don't own any version of the Flash yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
Sorry for the long post.
Considering my usual posts, I don't think I can complain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnitall View Post
Picked up a Star Wars Black Series 6" Darth Vader 40th anniversary legacy pack. That's a mouthful. Anyway, Walmart had a ton of them, and they had been knocked down in price to $30. It's not the big seller they thought it would be, and I bet it goes down further. I could probably have got one for less if I were more patient, but no.
Still $70-$75 up here.

If the price does start to drop though, I'd have to think about upgrading.
 
Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-05, 02:50 PM   #1128
HeavyArms
Unicron
 
HeavyArms's Avatar
 
Karingal, Victoria, Australia
Default

Lego Ideas 21308 Adventure Time - Not the beast looking set as all of the characters are brick-built instead of some version of the pre-existing figure molds, but since they were designed as such by the fan, there really isn't much Lego could do really.

Lego Star Wars 75167 Bounty Hunter Speeder Bike Battle Pack.
 

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-06, 02:52 PM   #1129
ganon578
GO BLUE!
 
ganon578's Avatar
 
NoCo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnitall View Post
Picked up a Star Wars Black Series 6" Darth Vader 40th anniversary legacy pack.
The Vader in there is amazing! I've seen some posts on other places that people have found them marked down to $10 at Walmart. $30 is still a great price though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
Ironically, the quickest place to get Legends these days and the one that gets new waves the most reliably isn't even a toy store, it's EB Games -- but since they're not a toy store, they don't get much volume and if you miss it, they're probably not getting more unless it's an exclusive (they handle the Walgreens stuff up here). Thankfully I've got two literally right across the street from each other so I've got better odds than most..
Yep. I've found many a figure at Walgreens since quite a few collectors don't even think 'drug store' when they're hunting. It's worked out in my favor plenty of times, even thinking back to when Power of the Force figures were at retail. Sometimes Walgreens just tends to keep older stuff for longer, so I can even get my hands on stuff I had missed out on.

Do you get figure swapping in stores around you? Apparently someone went on a rampage around me recently, buying newer stuff and dumping older, easy to find stuff and returning. Saw a Polaris box with Wasp in it, Wolverine box with some yellow/purple dude in it (not Cottonmouth), a Shatterstar box that looked amazingly like Havok, and quite a few Spidey boxes with Secret War Cap in them. I hadn't seen it in my area before, but both Walmarts and the Target close by had probably half a dozen figures each like that. I have to imagine it was a single dude doing that. Quite irritating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
Mine is apparently worse than most. But I can only talk based on my experiences and I wouldn't recommend him unless your heart was set on putting Juggernaut together. And since you returned Kitty I'm assuming that's a no?
That would be correct. I had thought of putting Juggy together, but I just ran out of steam and desire to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
I think that's mainly because of the actor it's based on. That's one of the things I like about Cavil, actually. Superman shouldn't be this huge jacked guy, because he's inherently so super strong that nothing on Earth puts enough strain on his muscles to make them get that big. He'd need to regularly go, like, bench press the moon or something to get as bulky as he usually is in the comics..
Fantastic point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
This one sounds surprisingly good! Assuming the costume doesn't look as bad in plastic as it does in "real life", I may have to think about getting one. I don't own any version of the Flash yet.
Definitely check it out in person for sure. The suit is a little on the busy side, but at least the paint is crisp. If you're not into the design, the articulation system won't woo you, since you have a decent Legends collection.

Also, as I mentioned with Flash, it looks like Mattel is finally learning how to make decently articulated DC figures:

Upcoming DC Multiverse

Double jointed knees, higher thigh swivels, ball joint hips, ball swivel wrists, and it looks like WW & Vixen have torso ball joints. I'm not sold on the whole wave, but I think I may have to put the whole thing together for that CnC Lex. And also just to keep testing their figure improvements!
 


3DS Friend Code: 0387-9979-6466
Nintendo Network ID: rondo52
ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-07, 06:52 PM   #1130
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.
 
Warcry's Avatar
 
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
The Vader in there is amazing! I've seen some posts on other places that people have found them marked down to $10 at Walmart. $30 is still a great price though!
Even if it was just somewhere around full price for a normal Black figure, I'd grab it right up. Obviously $10 would be amazing, but nothing ever gets discounted that heavily here anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
Do you get figure swapping in stores around you? Apparently someone went on a rampage around me recently, buying newer stuff and dumping older, easy to find stuff and returning. Saw a Polaris box with Wasp in it, Wolverine box with some yellow/purple dude in it (not Cottonmouth), a Shatterstar box that looked amazingly like Havok, and quite a few Spidey boxes with Secret War Cap in them. I hadn't seen it in my area before, but both Walmarts and the Target close by had probably half a dozen figures each like that. I have to imagine it was a single dude doing that. Quite irritating.
Batroc?

I would bet it was the same dude, yeah. These assholes can be pretty prolific! It's a shame that retailers haven't tried to figure out a way to stop that. Not only is the person defrauding them, but the shit that winds up back on the shelf will never sell, so they're essentially stealing every sale that the store would have been able to generate from those half-dozen figures' spots on the peg.

It's not something I've run into around these parts. I've heard so many horror stories about it, though. That and people just flat out stealing the BAF pieces right there in the aisle.

But Hasbro's Legends packaging is a thief's dream. It's hard to tell when the boxes have been opened compared to a carded figure, they don't have any pictures of who the figure's supposed to be on the front of the box, and sometimes they don't even have the character's name. And they don't have the ties that a Transformer does, so some asshole could find an empty aisle, slit the tape and pocket the BAF piece in under ten seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
That would be correct. I had thought of putting Juggy together, but I just ran out of steam and desire to do so.
While Juggernaut is awesome, I don't think he's anywhere near awesome enough to justify buying three or four figures you don't want at full price just to complete him. Though if the BAF parts are going for a reasonable price on eBay (or the dregs of the wave wind up on super-clearance for $5), it'd maybe be a different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
Also, as I mentioned with Flash, it looks like Mattel is finally learning how to make decently articulated DC figures:

Upcoming DC Multiverse
Can't say that I recognize any of those looks aside from Wonder Woman, but you're definitely right that they've got better engineering than most of the recent figures.
 
Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-09, 02:43 PM   #1131
ganon578
GO BLUE!
 
ganon578's Avatar
 
NoCo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
Nope. I looked up a picture listing, it was Tigershark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
I would bet it was the same dude, yeah. These assholes can be pretty prolific! It's a shame that retailers haven't tried to figure out a way to stop that. Not only is the person defrauding them, but the shit that winds up back on the shelf will never sell, so they're essentially stealing every sale that the store would have been able to generate from those half-dozen figures' spots on the peg.
It's just odd to me that people will pull that stuff. I felt incredibly guilty just re-taping Kitty to return after having her out of the package. And that included keeping every little piece she came with! At least whoever new buys her will get a nearly mint figure with all the stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
It's not something I've run into around these parts. I've heard so many horror stories about it, though. That and people just flat out stealing the BAF pieces right there in the aisle.
It's the first time I've run across it around here. Honestly I was really surprised by it! I think I may have come across a couple figs that were re-taped but complete and in great (like new) condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
But Hasbro's Legends packaging is a thief's dream. It's hard to tell when the boxes have been opened compared to a carded figure, they don't have any pictures of who the figure's supposed to be on the front of the box, and sometimes they don't even have the character's name. And they don't have the ties that a Transformer does, so some asshole could find an empty aisle, slit the tape and pocket the BAF piece in under ten seconds.
Right on the head. I wonder if it becomes a problem that Hasbro will hear about at some point, and just switch to bubbles on cards so you can't do that without ripping it apart. Deluxe class Transformers are a good example of things you can't tinker with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
While Juggernaut is awesome, I don't think he's anywhere near awesome enough to justify buying three or four figures you don't want at full price just to complete him. Though if the BAF parts are going for a reasonable price on eBay (or the dregs of the wave wind up on super-clearance for $5), it'd maybe be a different story.
Nah, I think I will just stay away and sell off my BAF pieces. I like my little Marvel collection, and I'm more into DC stuff anyways. I saw the Daredevil and Thor: Ragnarok waves in Walmart yesterday and passed on everything, though all the figures in both lines looked great. I understand some of the fandom is really into Ares from the Thor line. Is this some sort of fan-favorite character or something?

I was able to tinker with my Justice League set a little more as well, and I noticed that Aquaman has no thigh swivels! To get around that, his knee joints bend but also swivel. I don't know what to call the joint... ball swivel? It's not my preferred type of joint, but I guess it works. Also saw JL Mera (to go with ol' Arthur) up for pre-order on Amazon, due out in November-ish. For $19.99 and Prime shipping, that seemed good to me. She looks good outside the blatant pins in her hips, but at least I won't have to hunt for her.

Also, I had a chance to open and play with Moon Knight. Such a beautiful figure with all the standard ML articulation. The black and white look is super clean (just like how CW Prowl pops so much) and stands out on the shelf. I'm afraid of losing the little moon thingies though, as they're really tiny and look like cut-off fingernails. I was hoping they would peg in between his fingers a bit better, but it still works. Overall, he's a very nice figure.
 


3DS Friend Code: 0387-9979-6466
Nintendo Network ID: rondo52
ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-09, 03:19 PM   #1132
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix
 
Tetsuro's Avatar
 
Suomi Finland Perkele
Default

SH Figuarts Skyrider & Skyturbo

So I ws supposed to check the tracking for this thing to see where it was a few days back but completely forgot about it, only for the thing to turn up today and I didn't even have to pay any customs for it.

Also I finally opened that Miss Fritter I got a while back and oh boy, talk about a disappointment. She may be mostly die cast but those hollow plastic wheels provide no traction and she's more likely to slide than roll on a smooth surface, she desperately needs rubber wheels - and that stupid stop sign doesn't even fold out properly, I can't see this thing surviving as a child's plaything. It's kind of a shame because the tampos are really nice, especially with all the vehicular puns in the license plates she's covered in. But considering the outrageous retail prices for Cars merch, this one's definitely not worth it.
 
Tetsuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-10, 05:18 PM   #1133
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
 
Brendocon 2.0's Avatar
 
UK
Smile

Picked up the new Marvel Legends Human Torch.

He's okay. I'd like him a lot better if the head was in the same colour plastic as the rest of him and the flame effect didn't just make it look like he's lost an argument with his barber.

Also picked up Dazzler and Sunfire cheap. They are pretty much what you'd expect from pictures, tbh.
 
Brendocon 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-12, 01:51 PM   #1134
HeavyArms
Unicron
 
HeavyArms's Avatar
 
Karingal, Victoria, Australia
Default

Lego Marvel Super Heroes 76076 Captain America Jet Pursuit

LEGO Dimensions Fun Pack - LEGO City

Lego Star Wars 75166 First Order Transport Speeder Battle Pack

I bought them over the last couple of weeks, probably while discounted.
 

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-18, 09:46 AM   #1135
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
 
Brendocon 2.0's Avatar
 
UK
Smile

Finally got SoC Getter Dragon, completing the trio.

Waist joint is loose as **** on this one, as it is on the other two.

It's a shame that you can't put the Getter Wing on his back without blocking the stand, as the waist is so flimsy I'm not comfortable standing him freely.

Would also be good if there were a way to attach the three vehicles to the stands for the robot configurations.

Other than that it's really nice to have all three of them together. Now I just need to stop myself buying GoLion.
 
Brendocon 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-18, 07:15 PM   #1136
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster
 
inflatable dalek's Avatar
 
Kidderminster UK
Red face

Death's Head II!

He's awful.

He's amazing.

I hate him.

I love him.

Baron Von Joy!

Is he a real baron? I don't know, but this dude is one cool Robo Machine.
 
inflatable dalek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-18, 10:30 PM   #1137
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix
 
Tetsuro's Avatar
 
Suomi Finland Perkele
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendocon 2.0 View Post
Finally got SoC Getter Dragon, completing the trio.

Waist joint is loose as **** on this one, as it is on the other two.
Are you sure it's plugged all the way in? Mine's stupidly tight, both to attach AND to remove.
 
Tetsuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-19, 05:28 AM   #1138
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.
 
Warcry's Avatar
 
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
It's just odd to me that people will pull that stuff. I felt incredibly guilty just re-taping Kitty to return after having her out of the package. And that included keeping every little piece she came with! At least whoever new buys her will get a nearly mint figure with all the stuff.
Yeah, I don't get it either. It seems like way too much trouble to save the price of an action figure, especially when you consider that the toy they're swapping in cost money to begin with, and is still worth something to someone. It really doesn't make sense that it'd become a "thing" that's so widespread.

Stealing parts I can at least understand, since you're getting something for free with minimal effort. Though obviously those guys are still assholes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
Nah, I think I will just stay away and sell off my BAF pieces. I like my little Marvel collection, and I'm more into DC stuff anyways. I saw the Daredevil and Thor: Ragnarok waves in Walmart yesterday and passed on everything, though all the figures in both lines looked great. I understand some of the fandom is really into Ares from the Thor line. Is this some sort of fan-favorite character or something?
I'd never even heard of Ares-the-Marvel-character until the figure was announced, so I can't help you there. Apparently he fights Hercules and Thor, but I don't care about those guys at all, so I'm not well-versed in their rogues' galleries. I know the prior Ares BAF was pretty sought-after (enough so that someone in China bootlegged it to sell on AliExpress) but that's about it.

I can't say I care much at all for the Daredevil or Ragnarok waves. Which naturally means that figures with Man-Thing or Gladiator Hulk BAF parts will be easily available for months, reminding me every time I walk into the store about how much more work it was to track down the X-Men and Spidey characters I wanted. Hela and Bullseye are the only ones across the two waves that I'm interested in at all, and even then I don't care enough to actually hunt for them (if Blade looked like Wesley Snipes he'd have been a must-have).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
I was able to tinker with my Justice League set a little more as well, and I noticed that Aquaman has no thigh swivels! To get around that, his knee joints bend but also swivel. I don't know what to call the joint... ball swivel?
Sort of like Rogue's elbows, you mean?


I've gotten an absurd number of Marvel Legends this week.

Jack O'Lantern uses an outdated base body, though understandably so considering his wiry physique and the fact that the old body is a perfect match. Still, his articulation is a bit clunky compared to modern stuff. On the other hand he's a skinny SOB with a flaming pumpkin head who rides a broom, and I got him on clearance. So.

Ben Reilly Spider-Man is a good reminder of why I always try to get these figures in person first before ordering online. It would be a fantastic take on the spider-suit, but the one Amazon sent me was a big pile of QC failure, with a lot of paint smudges and scratches and overspray. The Spidey head is particularly bad, with smudging on the web lines, eye paint that doesn't match the molding, and scratches on one eye lens. Luckily I bought him to be Spider-Carnage, since I already have four different Spidey variants.

Those two provided the last parts I needed to build Absorbing Man (although I don't have the second set of arms because I've got no interest in Morbius). He's big! And bald and angry. But his hips are wonky (the left leg will automatically move when I move the right one forward or back) and his shoulder sockets look two sizes too big when his arms are attached. He fits in okay with my growing collection of Spidey rogues though, even though (as I understand it) he's nominally a Thor bad guy? The only comic I've ever seen with him in it featured him getting beat up by Dazzler.

Secret War Cap is only here because he was a $4 add-on and I thought the shield-throw effect was cool. It is, and he's a fine figure, if a bit of a one-trick pony. Surprisingly considering how many they make, he's the only Captain America figure I own.

Shatterstar is a heap of 90s absurdity. I'm not sure which I love more, the guy with two swords wearing a million ammo pouches, or the insane hairdo that manages to combine a mullet, ponytail and braids into a single unholy coif. The double-bladed sword is pretty mental too. I've recently read the issues he first appears in, and in spite of being a strange mix of Liefeldian "ow, the edge!" and all the worst aspects of Longshot, the character has a certain charm and I enjoy having him around.

Colossus is so gigantic I'm actually a bit surprised he fit in the box. The restricted arm articulation is definitely the biggest problem, like I was told. The costume is really busy and I'm not sure why they chose this one in particular over all the other modern-ish Colossus looks, though it's not awful. The bearded head is great, though, and will differentiate him nicely from the classic Piotr that I'm sure we'll get in a few years. Overall I'd call it a good take on the character.

That leaves me with Warlock from the thighs up, as well, but I'm so turned off by the deco they used that I'm really not all that driven to finish him, even though I've come to really enjoy the character.






 
Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-19, 12:48 PM   #1139
HeavyArms
Unicron
 
HeavyArms's Avatar
 
Karingal, Victoria, Australia
Default

Lego Marvel Super Heroes 76081 The Milano vs. The Abilisk.
 

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-21, 06:54 PM   #1140
ganon578
GO BLUE!
 
ganon578's Avatar
 
NoCo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
I'd never even heard of Ares-the-Marvel-character until the figure was announced, so I can't help you there. Apparently he fights Hercules and Thor, but I don't care about those guys at all, so I'm not well-versed in their rogues' galleries. I know the prior Ares BAF was pretty sought-after (enough so that someone in China bootlegged it to sell on AliExpress) but that's about it.
I have a Marvel Encyclopedia at home (probably outdated though) and there's always the Wiki. Neither of those every really explain the fervor that the fandom would have. I wasn't terribly impressed with the figure in person anyways, so my level of interest is low. Saves me money to boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
I don't care enough to actually hunt for them (if Blade looked like Wesley Snipes he'd have been a must-have).
Hah! I kinda thought the same thing. That movie was on TV over the weekend too, and I would have watched it, but my wife isn't into that kind of flick. So I passed on both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
Sort of like Rogue's elbows, you mean?
Yep, that's what I meant... but I was wrong anyways. I'm glad I didn't twist too hard, because there is no swivel aspect. Only hinge. At this point I'm fairly certain Mattel just decided to try random things with this wave. It's the Justice League for God's sake! At least make them consistent (but in a good way, like the Flash)!

On another note, we just moved into a brand-spanking new office building at work, so I decided to christen my new office with a mini Justice League!

Overall it cost me ~$8 for the whole set. I managed Cyborg, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Batman, and a Parademon in a five pack, and rounded out the JL with singles of Supes, Aquaman, and Green Lantern. All in all, they run ~$1 each. Made of die-cast and painted well. For the size and cost, they're surprisingly well detailed!

This company also carries Marvel stuff, Harry Potter, and... WWE I think? Pretty neat little collectibles. I will probably stop there though. Only really good for desk ornaments.
 
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1390_zpsgricapt7.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	11681  


3DS Friend Code: 0387-9979-6466
Nintendo Network ID: rondo52

Last edited by ganon578; 2017-08-22 at 09:10 PM.
ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
 
 
[the-hub.co.uk]
[transfans.co.uk]
[oneshallstand]
[unicron.com]
[counter-x.net]
[ntfa.net]
[allspark.com]
[transformertoys.co.uk]
[tfu.info]
[botchthecrab.com]
[obscure_tf]
[tfradio.net]
 

[TFArchive button]
Link graphics...

BOOKMARK US
Or in FF, hit Ctrl+D.