Energon Megatron A Wal-Mart Exclusive

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Bombshell

Energon Megatron A Wal-Mart Exclusive

Post by Bombshell »

Wal-Mart's Energon Megatron Pre-Order Page has had a "Wal-Mart Exclusive" sticker tagged to it, meaning that this will be the only store that will be selling it.

If you ask me, this is completly ridiculous. Putting aside for a moment the fact that toy exclusives are stupid to begin with, it's a very well known fact that Megatron is one of the most anticipated figures of the line. And from what I can tell, Wal-Mart isn't exactly keen on stocking a lot of TF's to begin with. I went to my local one on Wendsday, and all I saw were Alternators and a few bits of Universe. The only Energon figure I saw was Optimus.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

yeah bombshell i completely agree ...i mean even people who dont like the majority of energon toys are waiting for Megatron even if its only on the basis of G1 Galvatron similarity....i mean it would make a whole lot more sense if it was sent to as much market as possible as it will sell...oh well i have a wal-mart nearby.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Well, from a bit of news I've just picked up, there is the rumor that he will be available to more retailers later on down the line.

But that's later. Right now, he's exclusive to Wal-Mart.

And this I don't like.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

It makes sense because originally E Megs was suppose to be available in June. So the Exclusive part is that you can get it at Wal-Mart first before the mass release is all. Though its gonna suck to see him at Target for $30 if they price him lower.:mad:
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

yeah i dont think its a good business strategy at all...
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Over here, we had RiD in a similar way, with a store named Woolworths initially having exclusivity.

It didn't work, and the whole series died a death over here... Quite a different kettle of fish, though....
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

If I had posted this here a few days ago instead of Toys, I could've created a News thread. :(
Blacknife
Protoform

Post by Blacknife »

I think Hasbro got burnt by the whole Masterpiece Prime deal, so they ensured Megatron was at Wal Mart and only Wal Mart before announcing it's exclusiveness.
And, well, I know Wal Mart is a big chain store but total exclusive doesn't make sense to me. I think it would be a limited time exclusive.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Originally posted by Blacknife
I think Hasbro got burnt by the whole Masterpiece Prime deal

Que?!?

Toy's been out for what a month and a half (about 2 weeks in Canada) and they got burned?
Did I miss something?

Anyway, I agree that around June\july you'll probably see it croping up in more stores. But to apease the fans (and not loose so many collectors with the Takara version) they released it into Wal-mart.
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

Energon Megatron is a Wal Mart Exclusive??? Are you sereious? i've seen it at Target as well!. Hmm.. maybe its only in my area, but its' at both of our Super Targets, and Super Walmarts. It is kind of funny how it looks incredibly similar to the G1 Galvatron though. I was comparing the two of them, and if you took the wings off of him from the plane section, it would look almost identical.. even down to his kneecaps.
You Are Ratchet!

You are caring and compassionate.

[size=-1]Which Transformer Are You?[/size][
[size=-3]brought to you by Quizilla[/size]
DEVATICUS-PRIME
Protoform

Post by DEVATICUS-PRIME »

Well I'm sick and tired of wal-mart and Toys-r-us here in canada. Wal-mart here orders 6 of one thing and it's sold out with in a day. And toys-r-us the prices are too damn high they still want $60 bucks for armada UNICRON...... Don't get me started on what they are asking for 20 th ann. Prime they don't even have anymore. We will probably won't see megatron for a long time if at all so don't complain to much
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

Well, I have a Wal-mart (sort of) nearby, but I haven't seen them stock TFs so far... guess I'll never get my Megs... :( :mad:
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

Well.. if you need/want one.. just let me know, I'll hook ya up!
You Are Ratchet!

esalce
Protoform

Post by esalce »

its true that meg is walmart only and that it sucks, so i refuse to pick up megs until target gets it cause they have a hugh sell on all transformers energon, just got tidal wave for 20 instead of the 30 that walmart got. but on the plus walmarts got a hugh transformers energon section.
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

Obivously because of the deal that hasbro made with wal-mart, I saw a commercial for him last week. It went something like this " Megatrons back! Get him before the other stores release him, and Had Megatron rampaging(well kind of) in Wal-mart.
Windrazor
Protoform

Post by Windrazor »

Hmm.. I guess for once Iowa received something first.. well as far as Megatron in Targets go... .

edit:
I think its also funny how they show Autobot Ratchet but list it as being Depth Charge. I wonder if they know what they are doing sometimes...
You Are Ratchet!

Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

Originally posted by Transfannabeel
Obivously because of the deal that hasbro made with wal-mart, I saw a commercial for him last week. It went something like this " Megatrons back! Get him before the other stores release him, and Had Megatron rampaging(well kind of) in Wal-mart.

I'd love to see that commercial! :D If any of you guys finds, or can make, a downloadable video of it, let me know.
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

they show the commercial almost every break on cartoon network, I've seen it like 50 times today. It getting annyoing.:mad:
Blacknife
Protoform

Post by Blacknife »

Originally posted by Brave Maximus
Que?!?

Toy's been out for what a month and a half (about 2 weeks in Canada) and they got burned?
Did I miss something?

I'm talking more about the fact that TRU in the States was suppose to have Masterpiece first but I guess a shipping problem ended up with other retailers getting him.
So, this time around, they made sure the shipment got there with no one else getting shipments yet then announced it as a store exclusive.
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Heh

Got my megatron 9 days ago for £20+£10 shipping.

Was going to get the takara version as well for comparison until I read that it does'nt have any electronics, is smaller and is a different colour. Think Hasboo came out on top this time.

The Armada Megatron tank/shoulder cannon attachment thing was a good idea too. Kinda like merging the the good bits of Megatron and Galvatron past & present from 2 of the popular TF lines.