Transformers Entertainment

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
optimusskids
Protoform

Transformers Entertainment

Post by optimusskids »

What do transformers do for entertainment.

The only examples that I can think of off of the top of my head is

Mirage : who enjoys chasing small defenceless mech animals possibly while invisible.

The patrons of Macadams who enjoy listening to Ragtime

Do things with computers that need Chic Chips and possibly Chic Fish courtesy of Needlenose

Also if they do standard things like perform plays what would be the themes

With Love not being a theme it rules out a lot of sub genres

So is all there entertainment documentarys or about Crime and revenge.

Things like CSI Cyberton would work although the range of crimes would be curtailed

Stay tuned for Darkwing and Dreadwinds next play

a 12 hour nihilist drama about the pointlessness of being.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Doesn't one of the 'Bot tapes love sports trivia?

EDIT: Eject - http://tfarchive.com/comics/misc/universe/tfueject.php

Love some of the early tech specs where Bob had a clean slate - lovely whimsical stuff.

I can see Skids in a polo shirt with a Gauloise in his hand... Or Tailgate conducting lunaic rallies in town squares...

Plus there's Fullstasis :)
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Thats right and one of the actionmasters was some kind of sports star.

Goes to check

Suprisingly it isn't Kick Off but Krok master of Mecha -Soccer

Also the other Autobot cassette was into trivia ...so lots of long evenings of trivial pursuit for them all or pub quizes.

"Me Grimlock say me got question right it is quizmaster Rewind that is wrong yes!!"
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Let's see here.....

Well, while on the subject of cassette-bots, wasn't Raindance a reporter or journalist at one time or other (don't remember if that was MTMTE or his tech-spec that said this...too lazy to check)

Groove likes to travel and, in essence, is the Cybertronian equivalent of a anti-war activist....or if you haters out there would prefer, a peace lovin' hippy ;)

Ooo, ooo, and Windsweeper apparently used to be a member of the sanitation department on Cybertron (MTMTE). I suppose that works for one that is associated with the title "Triggercon" who incidentally can't stand littering - a premise that's also similar to "Gary, The No Trash Cougar", I guess.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Who says love is out of the question. There are numerous canon examples of flirting, love and romance between male and female Transformers. Optimus Prime and Elita-1, Ironhide and Chromia, Moonracer and Powerglide, Firestar and Inferno, Silverbolt and Black Arachnia, the romantic rivalry between Hot Rod and Springer over Arcee, Rat Trap and Botanica, Wreckgar and Nancy, Deathsaurus and Esmeryl, Thunderblast going "gaa gaa" over Megatron, need I go on?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I'm assuming Optmusskids was talking specifically about the original comic where the Transformers were asexual.

I can see pre-war Ironhide sitting down to watch the Gladiator fights on a Saturday with a cold can of Lube.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

The early Marvel comics were also predominantly under the impression that Transformers were just artificially intelligent robots, though that changed as time went by and the saga continued. I'm talking Transformers in general from all continuities. There is more than enough evidence from both the US and Japanese material accross multiple continuities to strongly suggest that the Transformers were sexual beings without actually showing them in the act. They are life forms which are divided into two genders—male and female—which from a biological standpoint only serves a reproductive purpose, they engage in courtship rituals, romantic rivalries, and marriage, all of which revolves around the choosing of a mate, and there is clear evidence of children among Transformers and related races including the Lithonians. Wheelie was a child, and, in the Japanese Victory manga series, Deathsaurus was married, Leozak had a sister, and the Dinoforce all had children.

However, this is not the thread to get into possible theories on Transformer reproduction capabilities. so I will leave it at that. :cool:

I can see Ironhide sitting down to watch the fights with Chromia cuddled in his arms. I can also see Moonracer and Powerglide off making out at some secluded location too. So what I am saying is that romantic activities should definately not be excluded from the discussion as possible forms of "entertainment".
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Daleks right I was weaned on the Marvel Uk comic run.

Where Arcee was built as a sop to some militant feminists.

There is also Slog and Scrapper who have Artistic tendencies so there must be art and all it associated trappings galleries and museums presumably all the critics were killed off early in the war.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Well, I'm not UK and never read the UK material except some of what has been reprinted here in the States. all I have read is just the US material from Marvel all the way through DW and IDW's Infiltration as well as the cartoons, where there is more than enough males and females since very early on in Cybertron's history. I've seen a few of the Japanese Headmasters episodes, and Beast Wars 2 episodes and looked up information on Deathsaurus including an image from the last issue of the Japanes Victory manga showing Deatharus' wife, Esmeryl, Leozak's sister, Lyzak, and the Dino Force's children in the background.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

I could definetly reccomend the UK stuff I know some of it has been reprinted in the Titan trades.

I'm not familar with the Victory or Headmaster stuff any indication of entertainment , music, theatre, art etc in those.

I do keep meaning to watch Headmasters as it has in Doublecross who I have a soft spot for in as well as Weirdwolf another favourite.

What's Fullstasis
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Originally posted by optimusskids
I could definetly reccomend the UK stuff I know some of it has been reprinted in the Titan trades.

I'm not familar with the Victory or Headmaster stuff any indication of entertainment , music, theatre, art etc in those.

I do keep meaning to watch Headmasters as it has in Doublecross who I have a soft spot for in as well as Weirdwolf another favourite.

I don't know if their are any such indications, I've only watched the first 15 or so episodes of Headmasters on Veoh and Youtube, and only know about the Victory manga from information I found on the internet. I haven't read it nor seen any of the episodes of the cartoon. They doid have a reception party in one episode early on though.

What's Fullstasis
What do you mean?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by optimusskids
What's Fullstasis

Slightly fanon name for the "space chess" thing a couple of them are playing on the first page of #308 (erm, Wildman's first American one). That's actually a good page showing some of the TFs actually kicking back - rare enough to see them doing it in their own way (#82 and #240 spring to mind as others), as opposed to playing basketball with Spike or whatever brainfart Glut had that week (yeh, it possibly wasn't a Glut episode, but i'm not so much using the term to refer to Don Glut anymore, it's more as a slur against moronic cartoon writers - i.e. pretty much all of them bar Zalewski).