TF Video Game News

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Unicron

TF Video Game News

Post by Unicron »

Shamelessly stolen from Transfandom.com

----------
IGN.com is reporting that the gaming alliance between Konami, Hudson Soft, Genki, and Takara will be present in a new fighting game that will house several characters from different series. Of those series being included is that of the classic Transformers. The game is being developed for the PlayStation 2 and for the Nintendo GameCube. No word if this is related to the screen captures we've seen before.

To read the article yourself, just click here.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

woo hoo. i have a pS2, just hope i can last long enough to get the game in the year 2005.
epsilon supreme

Post by epsilon supreme »

I dunno... with all these characters from different companies, it looks to be another "Super Smash Bros." to me... after all, the article quotes the guys working on it as calling it a "battle" game. So I'm guessing fighting.
:( If this is the same game we've all been hearing about, and seen the screenshots for, I'm gonna be pretty disappointed.
On the other hand, WinkySoft is not the producer- Hudson is... so we may be blessed enough to get ANOTHER transformers game. And it would be cool for Bomberman to take out Megatron...
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

As suspected, fighting.
1SoundWave1
Protoform

Post by 1SoundWave1 »

its funny it seems like all the TF games that comes out have to be fighting now a days probably cause no one wants to make adventure game on cybertron what with all the little details they have to put into games now a days.
i wouldnt care if they made a TF game with not every detail in the background as long as the TF's look cool im happy
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

If Hudson's involved, I'd be more happy with a Mario Party-like game instead of a fighter. :eyebrow:

BTW, I got the December issue of EGM magazine and at the bottom of page 72 in the Quartermann gossip section, he mentions the Transformers game with a small picture of Optimus Prime next to it...
Takara's working on a Transformers game (platform undetermined) starring the Autobots and Decepticons from the original series. A Japanese release is expected in 2003, and a U.S. version is very likely (sweet).