Question about kup

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
1SoundWave1
Protoform

Question about kup

Post by 1SoundWave1 »

Was kup ever on earth while optimus was still alive?
Was kup that bounty hunter guy in the cartoon?
(I don’t know the name of the episode But it’s the one where smokescreen was on this plant of thieves and stuff and he was trying to rescue optimus and the gang because the were brain dead and were about to do some fight with monsters in a sort of gladiator arena)
Did kup ever die?
How did kup fight so many dangerous battles when cybertron was ruled buy the decepticons?

I know some of these question probably will never be known but I must ask
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Kup is the 'old' robot from Transformers the Movie. He was on Earth when the movie started, and when Optimus is revived (in "The Return of Optimus Prime"), they are both on Earth.

I don't think he died a lot, and he was only deactivated in the cartoon.

The bountyhunter you are referring to is Defcon (http://www.seibertron.com/cartoon/super ... Defcon.php). don't know much about him, I don't have the episode on tape or in digital form...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

The Kup/Defonc thing is a bit like, say, Perceptor becoming Brainstorm - there's nothing to say he didn't, and nothing to say he did.

[Conjecture]
Kup fought alongside Optimus in the old days of the civil war [post War dawn/Pre-MTMTE] but was deactivated before the Autobots left for Earth. Post -1986, Optimus revived him and based him on Earth
[/conjecture].

It's worth noting that Kup is one of only a very few major comic characters never to have died to any extent...
Edo
Protoform
Location: Somewhere in the pinelands of NJ forming his own subgroup of Autobots that run entirely on vodka.

And this is purely conjecture. . .

Post by Edo »

. . . but Kup could very well have not been on Cybertron when the Autobots left Cybertron in MTMtE. With all those war stories he has, it is at least possible.

However, I wonder how old Kup actually is. Optimus Prime would have been at least 9 million years old, and I would think Kup would be older than him. However, Kup wouldn't so old as to have fought against the Quintessons when the Cybertronians gained their freedom. When did that happen?
TURBO CHARGER

Post by TURBO CHARGER »

long long long long ago, that was before they could transform

ATTENTION: THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FROM YOUR FRIEND, TURBO CHARGER
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

If I remember correctly, Defcon had the same voice as Kup.
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
TURBO CHARGER

Post by TURBO CHARGER »

yup and thundercracker and windcharger to name some others

ATTENTION: THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FROM YOUR FRIEND, TURBO CHARGER