So what is the true meaning of Akira?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Jetfire

So what is the true meaning of Akira?

Post by Jetfire »

Childhhood friends can grow apart?
Society creates monsters?
Beware lessions of the past?
Absolute power corrupts absolutly?
The world is damned?
A small ray of hope shines even in the worst situations?
Dont take drugs?
Bikes are cool?
The ending blew your mind and you cant decide?

Anything else? Discuss please
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Drugs are bad...
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

I think its "dropping nuclear bombs on small archipelagos leads to strange cultural development.
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

The meaning of life, quite simply, is...

Oh, sorry. Um, world is damned is the answer. Yeah.
Denyer

If you...

Post by Denyer »

...wanna do really weird stuff, animation is cheaper than film.
Stormbringer
Protoform

Post by Stormbringer »

I read on a website somewhere that to understand Akira you need to know something of philosophy and the Big Bang theory.

Basically I think Akira's powers allowed him transcend into a god and he grew too large to life in our stream of life, to escape he created a localised big bang (which happens to destroy tokyo). The law of physics say that every action makes an opposite reaction, so in theory a large explosion would also trigger an equal implosion. This implosion can make a hole in our universe and can create another. So this explosion creates a new universe where Akira can reside by himself... as a god I guess. The same happens when Tetsuo starts to ascend to a god and his physical body can't handle the transformation and those 3 ugly kids summon Akira who creates another localised big bang which brings Tetsuo into Akira's custom made universe where they can be gods together.

I don't really know if this is 100% accurate or completely wrong, but it is my interpretation of what the hell Akira is all about :)
Stormbringer /storm.bring.ah/ v.n. 1. to stop a conversation 2. An individual who repeatedly is the source of halted conversations

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
Stormbringer
Protoform

Post by Stormbringer »

btw, I have only seen the movie...I am sure this is much more apparant in the mangas.
Stormbringer /storm.bring.ah/ v.n. 1. to stop a conversation 2. An individual who repeatedly is the source of halted conversations

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."