Aussie TF:TM DVD Bonus!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
stoltobot
Protoform

Aussie TF:TM DVD Bonus!

Post by stoltobot »

hey foreigners,
here in Oz we haven't had any TF dvds bar beast wars...until now - a manga import/production house in Australia has secured the rights to produce the movie on dvd for region 2 here. They left it up to a local TF based toy shop type of site to survey the fans about the content and of course everyone wanted the widescreen print. Well it turns out they were able to get their hands on a copy but the a*sehole was asking too much for it.

The good news however is that they are talking to dreamwave about contributing to the product. Can you imagine it? Neglected Aussie transfans getting their own dreamwave unicron. I dunno whether they're doing the cover art or providing some sort of bonus material or helping with the menus or what. What i do know is that it is really good news for the land down under as we will have a unique product for a change that YOU YANKEES can't use.

for more info goto ________
[url=http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Mercury_Commuter]Mercury Commuter Specifications
Lemming
Protoform

Re: Aussie TF:TM DVD Bonus!

Post by Lemming »

Originally posted by stoltobot
hey foreigners,
we will have a unique product for a change that YOU YANKEES can't use.

for more info goto [URL=http://www.theyareamoungus.com]
Ah, the glory of regionless DVD players. ;)
Jim

Re: Re: Aussie TF:TM DVD Bonus!

Post by Jim »

Originally posted by Lemming

Ah, the glory of regionless DVD players. ;)
Yep ;)
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

This news is so very old, I reported this back in like February, and what do you mean Region 2, Australia is Region 4 and thats exactly what Madman Entertainment are making, a region 4 Transformers: The Movie DVD, with as many possible extras that are avaliable to them, so far confired is 6 Australian TV ads. It's expected release date is now early October, I now know what it was like the the US'ers and UK'ers with all their delays, our R4 version was supposed to be out now. *face palms*

You have the URL wrong too, its: http://www.theyareamongus.com/

EDIT: The DVD is now expected out sometime around February 2003
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
Jim

Post by Jim »

I just looked at that page, and the only thing that stood out was the request of the elusive widescreen print... This isn't about the R4 release, but I really find it annoying for something that never existed to be request all the time... That is so very annoying. When will people give it up? -_-;

Otherwise, I'm anxious to hear about the techinical quality of the DVD. I'm pleased with the Rhino release, but it is not encoded progressively. However, Madman has a good record of making different programs progressive. Hopefully Madman has the Rhino print and does their magical progressive encode = something to charish DVD. ^_^
stoltobot
Protoform

Post by stoltobot »

i stand corrected. Whatever, I'll be happy to finally get it and I'll be especialy happy if it's cool. Region 4 sorry. Do they have multiregion DVD's in US? I always thought that seeings they 'already had everything' and didn't need anyone else's stuff that multiregion DVD players would be useless...or extremely rare.

Also didn't the movie get the top half of it chopped off in cinema for widescreen? I never got to see it but a lot of people seem to remember it that way...
________
VENTURE
Jim

Post by Jim »

The US has a release, as well as Canada, Japan, and the UK, but I'm more interested in whether or not the Aus. R4 will be a progressive encode using Rhino's print which make the video look soooooo much better. :)

As for the movie, it was matted on the top and bottom in the movies. However, it was animated @ 1:33.1, so releasing it widescreen would cut off a lot of the picture.
stoltobot
Protoform

Post by stoltobot »

just to get off the subject of tf for a minute, how does progressive xcan work as opposed to whatever other method they used for the previous regions?
________
Colorado Dispensary
Jim

Post by Jim »

Originally posted by stoltobot
just to get off the subject of tf for a minute, how does progressive xcan work as opposed to whatever other method they used for the previous regions?
Progressive Video is basically FILM 24 FPS video. Progressive encoded video is usually interlace free and usually other nasty things like compression artifacts are non-existiant. However, I think it all depends on the quality of your source materials, and if they aren't top notch, then... well... no reason to bother with such an encode. Also, a progressive encode eats up less space on the DVD, leaving room for other things. However, if your not watching the DVD on your computer or a HDTV, then you really don't need to worry that much about a progressive encode since you can't really take advantage of the extra clarity on general TV setups. If you do watch it on your PC or upgrade one day, then you will be in for a nice treat! :)
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

**Thread cleaned and re-opened** Apologies to Skycat

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Let's try and keep this as on-topic as possible and leave other boards at other boards :)
Skycat
Protoform

Post by Skycat »

I've gotta say, I'm greatly lookin' forward to this Aussie TF:TM release, even if I don't have a DVD player yet. (I'll get one eventually!) Especially the fact that Dreamwave might be doing some art specifically for it, woo! It's usually quite depressing seeing all those US-explusive lithographs that I can't get my hands on... ah well. Any extras that are added onto the dvd will just be a bonus. ^_^