Right, so in Heavy Metal War...

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cliffjumper

Right, so in Heavy Metal War...

Post by Cliffjumper »

...Megatron jams himself full of all the Decepticons' special skill chips because that's totally how it would work, okay? And he then completely kicks Optimus Prime's head in. There's some crazy, crazy plan about nicking the Autobots' email passwords that doesn't come off because Devastator is a pathetic moron, but the point is he hands Prime his Astro-arse.

So why doesn't he keep all the special skill chips and just kill Prime the next time he sees him? Why does he keep coming up with totally different (and utterly stupid) plans each time instead of keeping the bits which work and modifying the bits he won't? Sure, second time around Prime won't be stupid enough to accept a boxing challenge from the founder of a faction with a name based on the word "deception", but what does that matter? Bash his Astro-face in and steal his Astro-stuff, the element of surprise is not so important when you have the special powers of a dozen Transformers.

Does anyone else find it really difficult to type the word "deception" without popping a c in there?
ΩΩΩ

Post by ΩΩΩ »

Cartoon Plans From Acme. Good for One Use Only.

Also available: Invisibility Spray! Just Flat Out Killing Everybody!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Cliffjumper wrote: Does anyone else find it really difficult to type the word "deception" without popping a c in there?

It would be so much easier if they (and by they I mean whoever is in charge or words. That blond woman of Countdown?) just gave in and changed the spelling wouldn't it?

What's especially daft is that Megatron must still have all those powers at the end of the episode but still goes down as easy as a two dollar whore (though perhaps that's what made him think it wasn't worth bothering with? "Even with powers... I am crap").

Also, considering Prime's overwhelming sense of "Honor", is it really fair for all the Autobots with their power chip rectifiers intact to shoot up and push into lava the Decepticons who don't have them? If all it takes is a chip and no other modifications to give them these amazing abilities why aren't they mass producing the buggers and letting everyone teleport? How does Scrapper put the chips in Megatron when it looks like he just melts them down? Why does Megatron have a plan that depends on the Autobots both leaving their base completely undefended any not finding anything odd about their computer having the crap blown out of it ("Well can't be the Decepticons because they were all at the battle and it's not as if any new ones ever turn up!).

I'm very fond of this one, as I've ranted on about before, but the whole set up is complete bollocks.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

inflatable dalek wrote:I'm very fond of this one, as I've ranted on about before, but the whole set up is complete bollocks.
That about sums up G1, doesn't it?
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

I always figured that whatever Megs gained from doing this was a limited time thing(like the anti-matter energon cubes). Smack Prime down and win the fight before the power boost wears off.

In a way, it made sense. Sending the Constructicons to take out Teletraan-1 so the Autobots wouldn't get any definitive proof also made sense.

Of course, it blindly ignores the fact that the Dinobots only come out to play when the threat is a really bad one(so they logically wouldn't come to a one on one fight like that), meaning that Decepticon intel has as many problems as Autobot security.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Hound

Post by Hound »

Well, maybe it's like Megs' plan only works in a one on one challenge like that. If the rest of the Decepticons are depowered they wouldn't be much use against the Autobots, and Megatron can take Prime but could he take Prime and all the Autobots?

It works if he's playing off of Prime's honor but it's not a strategy that would win in any other context...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Hound wrote:but could he take Prime and all the Autobots?
That'd be all the other Autobots who are morons and are regularly easily beaten whenever Optimus Prime isn't around?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Perhaps after this episode Prime just took the other Autobots power chip rectifiers against their will to power himself up and leave them shit-er?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Maybe the chips, just being ****ing chips, didn't give megatron any powers but instead drove him mental and he imagined the whole thing?
I like bears.
StarscreamX
Protoform

Post by StarscreamX »

inflatable dalek wrote:Perhaps after this episode Prime just took the other Autobots power chip rectifiers against their will to power himself up and leave them shit-er?
Optimus Prime: Autobots, I'm going to need your chips. All of them.

Hoist: But Prime...

Optimus Prime: (Rips out his power chip) GIVE ME YOUR CHIPS
Decepticons forever!

Across the universe...the dead will rise :devil:

The secrets of the Universe reveal themselves to those who listen

Nobody likes you when you're dead
Castor235
Protoform

Post by Castor235 »

All of the answers lie in one phrase, Mass Effect. All else is magic.
Life should be awsome everyday all of the time!
Gruff
Protoform

Post by Gruff »

such heroic nonsense mwuahahaha oh wait no it was typical 80's cartoon censorship which stated that no matter how dastardly and evil a plan good had to win no matter what. Thats why the Decepticons basically are winning the war between season 2 and the film, it was all off screen.:down:
Gruff 3:16 says Brendocon is da man!!Image
relak
Protoform

Post by relak »

I figured the reason why Megatron couldnt keep the chips was cos of the lava he fell into.

Somehow the lava fried the power chips.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

relak wrote:Somehow the lava fried the power chips.
The power chips were melted down to be put in Megatron and the Decepticons have their powers back by Season 2.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Maybe the chips make it so one can use the powers, but they still need to have the actual mechanics in their body. So only Skywarp can teleport etc, but cos Megatron is a badass he can do all that, so long as he has the chips. Then, after they're all destroyed, they just mass-produce more chips but they can still only have the powers they were born with, whichever chips they have.
I like bears.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Cliffjumper wrote:That'd be all the other Autobots who are morons and are regularly easily beaten whenever Optimus Prime isn't around?
This happened in Star Trek: The Next Generation also; whenever Picard would go off on a sun and archaeology expedition holiday (and a chance meeting with a beautiful slightly older woman who would share his exact same interests in everything except being a starship captain) leaving Riker the bridge.

Riker would always muck it up by shooting a dignitary with a torpedo or declaring war on nothing in particular. Then Picard would return in the final moments, apologise Englishly and tut at Will for a bit.

The moral is that the entire Universe is made up of muppets, unless you're Optimus Prime or Picard.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
SpaceCadet
Protoform

Post by SpaceCadet »

I went on the assumption that having all of the different abilities for long or repeated periods of time woud have some very negative effects.

Not only that, but it would leave all the other Decpticons somewhat vulnerable and a bit easier to pick off. I'm pretty sure Megatron's ego wasn't big enough to not realise that he couldn't take on the Autobots with a smaller force, or on his own.

It's odd, but I never really gave much thought to the different special abilities of certain Transformers. They tended to use them in the cartoons in a sort of "deus ex machina" type way, so I guess I always thought they were a bit silly.
relak
Protoform

Post by relak »

SpaceCadet wrote:I went on the assumption that having all of the different abilities for long or repeated periods of time woud have some very negative effects.

Not only that, but it would leave all the other Decpticons somewhat vulnerable and a bit easier to pick off. I'm pretty sure Megatron's ego wasn't big enough to not realise that he couldn't take on the Autobots with a smaller force, or on his own.

It's odd, but I never really gave much thought to the different special abilities of certain Transformers. They tended to use them in the cartoons in a sort of "deus ex machina" type way, so I guess I always thought they were a bit silly.
True. Many f those abilities only appeared a couple of times then never again. Then in a later story, when said ability would have come in useful, the bot in question never uses it.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

relak wrote:True. Many f those abilities only appeared a couple of times then never again. Then in a later story, when said ability would have come in useful, the bot in question never uses it.
Chip Chase wrote:Hey, Trailbreaker, remember that ****ING FORCEFIELD you have? That may stop this ACID RAIN that's killing you? Moron.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

SpaceCadet wrote:Not only that, but it would leave all the other Decpticons somewhat vulnerable and a bit easier to pick off. I'm pretty sure Megatron's ego wasn't big enough to not realise that he couldn't take on the Autobots with a smaller force, or on his own.
What, seriously? The Autobots minus Prime were rubbish. Their idea when a duplicate Optimus turned up was to hold a race.