[ART] Andrew Griffith Commission

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
verytired

[ART] Andrew Griffith Commission

Post by verytired »

I wanted to get my wife something special for our anniversary, and I decided to get her a picture of her doing something awesome: battling Megatron.

I went through http://www.unrealbooks.com, where I brokered the deal with a chap called Nathan. He was very patient, and the price was very reasonable. Andrew Griffith had a really good turn around as well, sending me a Work In Progress quite soon after starting, and I got a digital copy of the pen and ink work shortly after (I've yet to get the hard copy, but that's probably more down to the post office in blighty than anything else).
Attachments
MegatronvsAM WIP 02.jpg
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

He's definitely one of IDW's best finds. Just needs to be careful with the use of forced perspective at times.

How much, if you don't mind me asking? (Maybe PM?)

Neat idea!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Made of awesomeonium.
Sades

Post by Sades »

That is FANTASTIC.

Way to go, dude. That is very well-thought out and quite a few levels above a nice dinner and some flowers, assuming she also likes Transformers.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
verytired

Post by verytired »

Denyer wrote:How much, if you don't mind me asking? (Maybe PM?)
PM'd
inflatable dalek wrote:Made of awesomeonium.
Sades wrote:That is FANTASTIC.

Way to go, dude. That is very well-thought out and quite a few levels above a nice dinner and some flowers, assuming she also likes Transformers.
Thanks guys: she loves Transformers, and used to play the RPG here till the kids started taking up too much time :)
I am planning on getting her a series of pictures of her against Decepticons with varying degrees of success: it's either Starscream or Shockwave next I think...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Oooh, that's lovely. Romantic and Transformery, the best of both worlds! How'd she react when she saw it?

(I'm assuming the missus has seen it already, or else you wouldn't be posting it on a forum she used to visit.)
verytired

Post by verytired »

Yeah, she saw it a while back: I've got a proposed version of it coloured now, just waiting on the missus to sign off on the colours and we're all done!

After I have finished paying off this one, I'm getting a second one done of her as well: a homage to the classic Days of Future Past front cover, with her filling for Wolverine and the poster showing a series of dead autobots. And an Orangutan in place of Kitty pride.