[BW,BM] Unpublished BW comic by Dark Horse, from 90's?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Osku
Protoform

Unpublished BW comic by Dark Horse, from 90's?

Post by Osku »

Noticed from here
http://www.anime.dds.nl/Dutch.htm

Could someone tell more about this? The text describes a Dutch fanzine, but what I'm actually interested in, is...

"This page showed the first 7 pages of an unpublished Beastwars comic by Dark Horse. Then a Beastwars product list from Hasbro. And it ended with fan art from the Wal Mart exclusive Rattrap."

http://www.anime.dds.nl/Tm06.jpg
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Hmmm... I honestly expect we'd have heard more about any comic if it had gone as far as actually being pencilled [and maybe even inked]... I mean, we're looking at a writer and art team being engaged, a script being written, seven pages being drawn and then the thing just doesn't come out? Surely for something to get that far it must have been promoted in some way, especially in the 1990s? What really looks like a low-on-action first third of an issue would be a pretty unusual piece of sample work? Personally I'd be more inclined towards a fan comic, and something either getting mixed up somewhere [possibly in translation? It wouldn't take that much for a fan comic sent to Dark Horse to be misinterpreted as something created by DH?], or being miscredited...

And wasn't everyone online in 1998 intrinsically involved in Beast Wars? Surely some crusty old ATTer would have known about this? Maybe TFVanguard will turn up with some story about how some guy he used to know wrote the thing, but he and all the surviving documentation were destroyed in a bizarre luxury yacht/ICBM collision off the coast of Cyprus?
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

it looks more likea fanzine then anything else
transformers are a bit dead here these days and it wasnt much better in 98
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

the quality of the scans are so poor it could be a Dark Horse Smurfs comic...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!