[New RPG] Sixshot and Quickswitch

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
Lady Quickswitch

Sixshot and Quickswitch

Post by Lady Quickswitch »

I haven't worked out Quickswitch's background yet, but Warcry suggested I post potential ideas here. Some ideas are directly linked to Sixshit, so let me know what you think, Blackjack.

The two Sixchangers are a venture into new territory, Transformers with more than one alternate mode. They have three times as many modes as any normal Transformer and the technology is experimental and rife with bugs and side effects. Sixshot and Quickswitch were created as sentient, living weapons of war, Sixshot first, and Quickswitch later.

One version could go like this: QS would have been created by the Autobots as a necessary evil - a counter-weapon to Sixshot and to help tip the balance of power with a Sixchanger of their own. There are the ethics involved in giving such a being life among the Autobots, both for the Assault focus and lethality of all his modes, and because of the unknown and rumored mental side effects.

If he was created outright as a Six Changer I could see him being shut away until he's needed like the Dinobots were in the G1 cartoon for safety reasons. - and the ethics of that especially in light of "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." The effects of being treated differently than the other Autobots, shut away in stasis and used only for war in the most hypocritical action the Autobots have taken to date. Unethical, immoral. I'm reminded of how the Decepticons spoke about Sixshot when he was summoned to Earth: "We've never used him at this phase before." Used him, as if they were talking about dropping a sentient nuke. Not 'called him in' not 'never been deployed so early'. Used him. I like the idea of the Bots referring to Quickswitch in terms like this, especially if he had no existence before the war.

Being the only Six Changer is an awe-inspiring sight to behold in battle, but it would be apparent to both sides Sixshot is an unstable freak of nature with a LOT of power. I don't know how you're playing Sixshot, Blackjack, but I imagine Quicky having the same problems Sixshot had in IDW, being alone, isolated and shunned, feared by both sides.

If Quickswitch did have a life before the war, was a normal Transformer who had the extra modes added on, it was without his consent. The multiformer technology would become widely known for being experimental and imperfect, and no Autobot would consent to that proceedure, not even Quickswitch. QS is mortally wounded and becaise he's going to die anyway, he could be moved to a Six-Changer body and reprogrammed, without his consent and without any thought of the risks to him mentally. An Autobot conscript.

Still another idea has to do with Sixshot and the nature of himself, his purpose, his singularity and his sole purpose for war. He's alone. He has no peer. He is the only one of his kind. In IDW he desired purpose and longed so badly to join the Reapers, weapons of mass destruction like himself. He could create, or have someone create for him, a second Six Changer, to have a peer, a fellow destroyer, but with a difference--emotion, giving Quick Switch the capacity to make the choice about his destiny, and QS sides with the Autobots. A "Sixshot v. 2.0", a true linear descendant of Sixshot. His "son." Quick Switch was described in his commercial as his son..

Or Sixshot, having a twisted, weird sense of honor might have even done the unpredictable and unthinkable--allowed himself to be reverse engineered by the Autobots. Why? They don't have anyone to counter him and it's "dishonorable" to mow over unworthy opponents. (If Blackjack's take on Sixshot allows for something like this.) Plus, he isn't alone anymore. The only other Transformer who has any idea what it's like to be him is Quickswitch, and in this way they have the bond of monsters.

What do the rest of you think?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Lady Quick Switch wrote:The two Sixchangers are a venture into new territory, Transformers with more than one alternate mode. They have three times as many modes as any normal Transformer and the technology is experimental and rife with bugs and side effects. Sixshot and Quickswitch were created as sentient, living weapons of war, Sixshot first, and Quickswitch later.
Yep, that's what we're going with. Team Science (Predacon, Scorponok, Tarantulas and Thunderwing) are attacking the Kaon Temple of Primus right now in order to gain the Vector computer to create Pretender shells and Sixshot. As well as triple-changer upgrades.
One version could go like this: QS would have been created by the Autobots as a necessary evil - a counter-weapon to Sixshot and to help tip the balance of power with a Sixchanger of their own.
This one might work, because the Autobots have a mad scientist of their own (Wheeljack) which may be able to reverse engineer the sixchanger technology provided the Autobots have an access to a Vector computer as well.
There are the ethics involved in giving such a being life among the Autobots, both for the Assault focus and lethality of all his modes, and because of the unknown and rumored mental side effects.

If he was created outright as a Six Changer I could see him being shut away until he's needed like the Dinobots were in the G1 cartoon for safety reasons. - and the ethics of that especially in light of "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." The effects of being treated differently than the other Autobots, shut away in stasis and used only for war in the hypocritical actions the Autobots have taken to date. Unethical, immoral. I'm reminded of how the Decepticons spoke about Sixshot when he was summoned to Earth: "We've never used him at this phase before." Used him, as if they were talking about dropping a sentient nuke. Not 'called him in' not 'never been deployed so early'. Used him. I like the idea of the Bots referring to Quickswitch in terms like this, especially if he had no existence before the war.
I like this bit, and have likewise been thinking about it when Sixshot comes online. The sixchangers are used not as powerful warriors, but rather a tool, a living weapon, something that would be sent to break the enemy lines, to blow up cities and stuff. The Decepticons certainly will consider Sixshot only a means to an end, but the Autobots being hypocrites and doing the same to Quickswitch would be an interesting edge to play with.

Especially with Prowl. :) 'In the end he is disposable...'

Certainly Sixshot will kill lots of people when he is activated, IIRC we're planning something with him massacring Depth Charge's squad. So if Quickswitch joins the Autobots the others will be treating him with the same distrust or disdain.
Being the only Six Changer is an awe-inspiring sight to behold in battle, but it would be apparent to both sides Sixshot is an unstable freak of nature with a LOT of power. I don't know how you're playing Sixshot, Blackjack, but I imagine Quicky having the same problems Sixshot had in IDW, being alone, isolated and shunned, feared by both sides.
I think we're not allowed to make them into the planet-destroyer things, but yes, the sixchangers are powerhouses in both armies.

For Sixshot I'm thinking that he views the world only as something for him to conquer, to be the very best fighter. Being born with the sole purpose of being a weapon of war, Sixshot will embrace it wholeheartedly and his sole purpose (when not obeying Megatron's orders) is to find stronger enemies and crush them utterly. I'm still trying to figure out what exactly the Decepticons will do with Sixshot when they get to Earth, but that's for another time. While Sixshot would not care of being 'empty' and shunned, Quickswitch might, which would be something nice to explore.

[quoite]If Quickswitch did have a life before the war, was a normal Transformer who had the extra modes added on, it was without his consent. The multiformer technology would become widely known for being experimental and imperfect, and no Autobot would consent to that proceedure, not even Quickswitch. QS is mortally wounded and becaise he's going to die anyway, he could be moved to a Six-Changer body and reprogrammed, without his consent and without any thought of the risks to him mentally. An Autobot conscript.[/quote]

Mmm, might work and would add to the angst, no? And it would justify why Sixshot is so cold and lifeless (he's built without knowing any prior life) and why Quickswitch is different, why he is an Autobot.
Still another idea has to do with Sixshot and the nature of himself, his purpose, his singularity and his sole purpose for war. He's alone. He has no peer. He is the only one of his kind.
I've been itching to explore this bit that was shown in the IDW comics myself. :up:
He could create, or have someone create for him, a second Six Changer, to have a peer, a fellow destroyer, but with a difference--emotion, giving Quick Switch the capacity to make the choice about his destiny, and QS sides with the Autobots. A "Sixshot v. 2.0", a true linear descendant of Sixshot. His "son." Quick Switch was described in his commercial as his son..
A clone of sorts? Interesting, but by the time Sixshot is developed enough to have this decision -- he can't just pop out of life and say 'I want a fellow destroyer' -- and I figure it might take some time before Sixshot would even think of having a fellow sixchanger to battle. Then you would have to wait for quite a while before playing QS...
Or Sixshot, having a twisted, weird sense of honor might have even done the unpredictable and unthinkable--allowed himself to be reverse engineered by the Autobots. Why? They don't have anyone to counter him and it's "dishonorable" to mow over unworthy opponents. (If Blackjack's take on Sixshot allows for something like this.)
I dunno, I don't see my take on Sixshot doing something quite so honorable. He's an remorseless genocide weapon!
Plus, he isn't alone anymore. The only other Transformer who has any idea what it's like to be him is Quickswitch, and in this way they have the bond of monsters.
This 'bond of monsters' is quite interesting. I've always liked how in Beast Wars Rampage and Transmutate bonded because they were both freaks of nature shunned by everybody else around them, even the Maximals. It's definitely something the sixchangers need to explore down the road...
Lady Quickswitch

Blackjack wrote:Yep, that's what we're going with. Team Science (Predacon, Scorponok, Tarantulas and Thunderwing) are attacking the Kaon Temple of Primus right now in order to gain the Vector computer to create Pretender shells and Sixshot. As well as triple-changer upgrades.
Awesome! Any ETA on when Sixshot will be coming online?
This one might work, because the Autobots have a mad scientist of their own (Wheeljack) which may be able to reverse engineer the sixchanger technology provided the Autobots have an access to a Vector computer as well.
I like this idea. Wheeljack created the Dinobots knowing they had "small brains" but seemingly oblivious to or ignoring the danger they might pose. I can see the same situation here, science going too far in the name of "the greater good". I could see Wheeljack when asked about what might happen to Quickswitch, and Wheeljack just shrugs and doesn't know and wants to see what happens.

[qoute]I like this bit, and have likewise been thinking about it when Sixshot comes online. The sixchangers are used not as powerful warriors, but rather a tool, a living weapon, something that would be sent to break the enemy lines, to blow up cities and stuff. The Decepticons certainly will consider Sixshot only a means to an end, but the Autobots being hypocrites and doing the same to Quickswitch would be an interesting edge to play with.

Especially with Prowl. :) 'In the end he is disposable...'

Certainly Sixshot will kill lots of people when he is activated, IIRC we're planning something with him massacring Depth Charge's squad. So if Quickswitch joins the Autobots the others will be treating him with the same distrust or disdain.[/quote]

I like this idea the more I think about it. The Con propagandists could use that to their advantage, the Bot propagandists trying to make a positive spin on the necessities of war. Not only can I see QS as perhaps not even being a student of the Academy, I could maybe even see him being outside of the rank structure - a tool to be used, like you said, rather than a rank and file soldier or officer. His official function for propaganda purposes is the nice, politically correct term "Assault Warrior." But he's probably just as much a S.T.A.G. as Sixshot... with the added burden of conscience. Because giving QS a conscience and a politically-correct function label somehow elevates him and the Autobot faction. (All it really does is make him very, very confused...)

The officers like Kup and Sentinel and Orion (Pax?) could also give their two cents and wisdom about bringing a Sixchanger into being and what to do with him.

While Sixshot would not care of being 'empty' and shunned, Quickswitch might, which would be something nice to explore.
That would definitely bother him, once he becomes aware of his circumstances. Quickswitch doesn't view the world as something to conquer. He honestly has no internal consistency, which leaves him adrift in terms of worldview. He knows he's an Autobot, but that can mean different things to him at different moments. He knows the Decepticons are the "bad guys" (his IFF protocols say so) and that the Autobots are the "good guys" and that they fight apparently ethically. Overall though Quick Switch is very confused.

[quoite]Mmm, might work and would add to the angst, no? And it would justify why Sixshot is so cold and lifeless (he's built without knowing any prior life) and why Quickswitch is different, why he is an Autobot.[/quote]

It would definitely give Quick Switch backstory and something to work toward - piecing together his former life, but it's almost like Cyclonus and Scourge, who he was before is mostly irrelevent to who he is now. If I go with that.

I've been itching to explore this bit that was shown in the IDW comics myself. :up:

A clone of sorts? Interesting, but by the time Sixshot is developed enough to have this decision -- he can't just pop out of life and say 'I want a fellow destroyer' -- and I figure it might take some time before Sixshot would even think of having a fellow sixchanger to battle. Then you would have to wait for quite a while before playing QS...
I think you're right. It's a good idea "on paper" but executing it could mean I'd be waiting over a year to get started! I don't expect Sixshot to be born and right away want a fellow destroyer anyway. :)
I dunno, I don't see my take on Sixshot doing something quite so honorable. He's an remorseless genocide weapon!
Okay, scrap the idea of Sixshot letting them do it. ;) It was just a thought.
This 'bond of monsters' is quite interesting. I've always liked how in Beast Wars Rampage and Transmutate bonded because they were both freaks of nature shunned by everybody else around them, even the Maximals. It's definitely something the sixchangers need to explore down the road...
I never thought of that! I forgot all about Rampage and Transmutate and how they bonded. Yes, we definitely have to explore that!

I also wondered, what do you think of the Six Changer's minds? Looking over their tech specs it's easy to infer a few things.

Sixshot - "Only the wolf creature has no need for Sixshot's 2 hypersonic concussion blasters; the wolf mode prefers to rip apart enemy Autobots with his razor fangs."
Quickswitch - "Can be compassionate, merciless, friendly, hateful, happy, or angry, depending on what time of day it is."

It's very clear there's a "phantom separateness" (for lack of a better term) that exists for them mentally. So the wolf mode has different preferences than, say, the star-fighter. Whether Sixshot experiences this as separate personalities with their own egos or as parts of his whole, I don't know, but I see it as an effect of the multiformer technology. Same for Quickswitch. There are just as many 'moods' he cycles through as he has modes. Personalities or personas really. It could almost be like being a gestalt only in reverse. 5-6 minds fuse to become one giant behemoth. A single mind's aspects separating into "phantom componants" (the six modes) because of or in order to cope with, having that many modes, and it's something I could see them both having to work on or else their minds would just fly apart. It could be worked another way but that's one idea.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Lady Quick Switch wrote:Awesome! Any ETA on when Sixshot will be coming online?
No clue, although the attack is going on live.

Presumably somewhere down the month, I hope.
I like this idea. Wheeljack created the Dinobots knowing they had "small brains" but seemingly oblivious to or ignoring the danger they might pose. I can see the same situation here, science going too far in the name of "the greater good". I could see Wheeljack when asked about what might happen to Quickswitch, and Wheeljack just shrugs and doesn't know and wants to see what happens.
I like it, but now we'll have to drag Wheeljack's player, Springer85, in this here thread. SPRINGER! GIT HERE!
I like this idea the more I think about it. The Con propagandists could use that to their advantage, the Bot propagandists trying to make a positive spin on the necessities of war. Not only can I see QS as perhaps not even being a student of the Academy, I could maybe even see him being outside of the rank structure - a tool to be used, like you said, rather than a rank and file soldier or officer.
Definitely QS will skip all the stuff that normal soldiers go through. I can see Sentinel or someone just pointing at the Decepticon ranks and go 'sic em'.

Propaganda will work too, with the whole 'planet destroyer' stuff being made up for the propaganda.
His official function for propaganda purposes is the nice, politically correct term "Assault Warrior." But he's probably just as much a S.T.A.G. as Sixshot... with the added burden of conscience. Because giving QS a conscience and a politically-correct function label somehow elevates him and the Autobot faction. (All it really does is make him very, very confused...
I like these mind games with a character. Especially when QS meets some of the Decepticons like Obsidian that genuinely believe that the Autobots are the ones destroying the planet and the Cons are trying to save it... :)

Certainly Sentinel will be having a field day with trying to manage Quickswitch's creation.
The officers like Kup and Sentinel and Orion (Pax?) could also give their two cents and wisdom about bringing a Sixchanger into being and what to do with him.
Sentinel is more pragmatic so he'll have to play the bad cop here. Prowl will push it up to eleven and pull strings so the Autobots are geared towards combatting the Decepticons.
That would definitely bother him, once he becomes aware of his circumstances. Quickswitch doesn't view the world as something to conquer. He honestly has no internal consistency, which leaves him adrift in terms of worldview. He knows he's an Autobot, but that can mean different things to him at different moments. He knows the Decepticons are the "bad guys" (his IFF protocols say so) and that the Autobots are the "good guys" and that they fight apparently ethically. Overall though Quick Switch is very confused.
I like this POV of Quickswitch's.

In the old RPG, the player's interpretation of Quickswitch was a somewhat-crazy Autobot fanatic. He thinks Optimus Prime is absolute, and refuses to admit that anyone else's opinion, be it Ironhide or some other Autobot, to be correct. Coupled with his mood swings and his powerful abilities, while he is a highly competent soldier and friend, Quickswitch is also a tormented soul that is best described as 'unstable'.

Something like that. Now obviously I'm not forcing you to follow it, just throwing ideas here. I mean, the essence of the character is still the same.
I think you're right. It's a good idea "on paper" but executing it could mean I'd be waiting over a year to get started! I don't expect Sixshot to be born and right away want a fellow destroyer anyway. :)
Is true... we'll have to use one of the other origin stories you've suggested if you want to play Quickswitch right away.

Alternatively, you could play with another character while we're in the process of getting Quickswitch created, because either way (whether Wheeljack builds him, Team Science builds two sixchangers, or Sixshot requests for a partner or any of your other ideas) it might take some time.
I never thought of that! I forgot all about Rampage and Transmutate and how they bonded. Yes, we definitely have to explore that!
Aye!

Although this would be different since the two are on different factions...
I also wondered, what do you think of the Six Changer's minds? Looking over their tech specs it's easy to infer a few things.

Sixshot - "Only the wolf creature has no need for Sixshot's 2 hypersonic concussion blasters; the wolf mode prefers to rip apart enemy Autobots with his razor fangs."
Quickswitch - "Can be compassionate, merciless, friendly, hateful, happy, or angry, depending on what time of day it is."

It's very clear there's a "phantom separateness" (for lack of a better term) that exists for them mentally. So the wolf mode has different preferences than, say, the star-fighter. Whether Sixshot experiences this as separate personalities with their own egos or as parts of his whole, I don't know, but I see it as an effect of the multiformer technology. Same for Quickswitch. There are just as many 'moods' he cycles through as he has modes. Personalities or personas really. It could almost be like being a gestalt only in reverse. 5-6 minds fuse to become one giant behemoth. A single mind's aspects separating into "phantom componants" (the six modes) because of or in order to cope with, having that many modes, and it's something I could see them both having to work on or else their minds would just fly apart. It could be worked another way but that's one idea.
Multiple personality disorder, in short, no?

I've always seen it like this as well. I've always thought the G1 sixchangers have something wrong in their minds due to that many alternate modes. Now Sixshot is so screwed up that, even though the sixchanger technology should by rights rip his mind into six personalities, he is so violent that all six function as a cohesive whole.

But Quickswitch is different, he doesn't have the same driving kill kill kill purpose that Sixshot has, so his six personalities emerge.

You know, probably since Sixshot is the first one, the scientists think that there's nothing wrong with the technology, since Sixshot doesn't exhibit too much symptoms of having multiple personalities. I've always thought of Sixshot's purpose and anger driving his mind together...

You raise a good point, though... I may have Sixhot lose his grip on his cohesiveness somewhere down the road...
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Lady Quick Switch wrote:
What do the rest of you think?

I think you and Blackjack should do this in PM also tl;dr.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Lady Quickswitch

Blaster wrote:I think you and Blackjack should do this in PM also tl;dr.
There's no need to be rude.. I posted this here because Warcry suggested it would be better to discuss it as a group. In fact, that was the first thing I said.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Blaster wrote:I think you and Blackjack should do this in PM also tl;dr.
Quiet, you. I asked her to post a thread for this because lots of people are planning to introduce triple/sixchangers and I figured they might be interested in tying things in.
Lady Quick Switch wrote:If he was created outright as a Six Changer I could see him being shut away until he's needed like the Dinobots were in the G1 cartoon for safety reasons. - and the ethics of that especially in light of "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." The effects of being treated differently than the other Autobots, shut away in stasis and used only for war in the most hypocritical action the Autobots have taken to date. Unethical, immoral. I'm reminded of how the Decepticons spoke about Sixshot when he was summoned to Earth: "We've never used him at this phase before." Used him, as if they were talking about dropping a sentient nuke. Not 'called him in' not 'never been deployed so early'. Used him. I like the idea of the Bots referring to Quickswitch in terms like this, especially if he had no existence before the war.
This actually dovetails nicely with my plans for Omega Supreme -- he's a sentient superweapon from the last great war, and as soon as the war finished he was deactivated, put in a parking orbit and more or less forgotten. I bet he and Quickswitch (or even Sixshot if the opportunity ever came up) could have some interesting conversations about their lot in life.

If nothing else, considering how he was treated I think the very fact of Quickswitch's creation would make Omega very, very mad. Those who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it, and since Omega's history was covered up no one ever got a chance to learn the "don't create sentient superweapons" lesson.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Warcry wrote:Quiet, you. I asked her to post a thread for this because lots of people are planning to introduce triple/sixchangers and I figured they might be interested in tying things in.
Good call,:) because I would probably be interested. From the looks of things, Wheeljack and Highbrow are the only Autobot mechanics/scientists on the roster IIRC.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Lady Quick Switch wrote:There's no need to be rude.
Are you new?.... Oh... you are.
Lady Quick Switch wrote: Warcry suggested it
And now you'll know better for next time. See, we've all learned something!
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Behave. You're the one who keeps telling me we need more players. We don't need you scaring them off by being a jackass.

Also:
Straight to Kansas City in 2016!
Someone's just asking for me to give their account a Bruins-themed makeover...
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Warcry wrote:Someone's just asking for me to give their account a Bruins-themed makeover...
Oh come now. It was all fun and games for the rest of Western Canada hoping for the return of the Jets, but now that they're back so's the rivalry. As of 9 AM PST this morning I wish nothing but misfortune on the Jets again!

Edit- Also multi-changing technology causing MPS is a straight rip-off of what I was obviously already laying the grounds for in Blitzwing.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Fine. I'll play your game, Trebek!
Lady Quick Switch wrote: The two Sixchangers are a venture into new territory, Transformers with more than one alternate mode. They have three times as many modes as any normal Transformer and the technology is experimental and rife with bugs and side effects. Sixshot and Quickswitch were created as sentient, living weapons of war, Sixshot first, and Quickswitch later.
Sixchangers are something that should come way later. There is no way that the technology should go single alt - > Six Alts - > Three alts without the six changers being both less effective and weaker in technology and thus eventually power.
Lady Quick Switch wrote:One version could go like this: QS would have been created by the Autobots as a necessary evil - a counter-weapon to Sixshot and to help tip the balance of power with a Sixchanger of their own. There are the ethics involved in giving such a being life among the Autobots, both for the Assault focus and lethality of all his modes, and because of the unknown and rumored mental side effects.
The Autobots in this RPG are nothing like the Cartoon, Comic or even old RPG. I think so far it has been indicated and implied that they are more than ready to do what is necessary in times of war or Conflict and are a fair bit bloodthirstier.
Lady Quick Switch wrote:If he was created outright as a Six Changer I could see him being shut away until he's needed like the Dinobots were in the G1 cartoon for safety reasons. - and the ethics of that especially in light of "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." The effects of being treated differently than the other Autobots, shut away in stasis and used only for war in the most hypocritical action the Autobots have taken to date. Unethical, immoral. I'm reminded of how the Decepticons spoke about Sixshot when he was summoned to Earth: "We've never used him at this phase before." Used him, as if they were talking about dropping a sentient nuke. Not 'called him in' not 'never been deployed so early'. Used him. I like the idea of the Bots referring to Quickswitch in terms like this, especially if he had no existence before the war.
Does not jive with the current direction that the Autobots are going. While that might change with a change in leadership, all current signs point to the creation of a weapon not being a huge issue as long as he was kept in check and used properly. He won't get chucked aside for simply being a weapon though especially not a weapon of mass destruction. Changing it to putting the weapon in jail for crossing the line while in combat in regards to civilians brought on by the dementia of the additional personalities or maybe just a good ol' military bum rush. He did something he was ordered to by someone who didn't have authorization to give the order and so he takes the fall too.
Lady Quick Switch wrote:Being the only Six Changer is an awe-inspiring sight to behold in battle, but it would be apparent to both sides Sixshot is an unstable freak of nature with a LOT of power. I don't know how you're playing Sixshot, Blackjack, but I imagine Quicky having the same problems Sixshot had in IDW, being alone, isolated and shunned, feared by both sides.
Again, judging by how things have been written so far in the RPG and back stories that are going to be written, it just doesn't fit in with how things have been intimated so far. But again, depending how you want to write it, it could just be how the six changer feels a la Red Alert in that one episode.
Lady Quick Switch wrote:If Quickswitch did have a life before the war, was a normal Transformer who had the extra modes added on, it was without his consent. The multiformer technology would become widely known for being experimental and imperfect, and no Autobot would consent to that proceedure, not even Quickswitch. QS is mortally wounded and becaise he's going to die anyway, he could be moved to a Six-Changer body and reprogrammed, without his consent and without any thought of the risks to him mentally. An Autobot conscript.
Some transformers would consent to it. Just as some humans consent to things like that now. For the betterment of humanity and some people and robots are loyal enough to do it. If you want it to be against his will, the Robo-Cop option you have as plan B. is a better choice. If he's gonna die anyways, may aswell give him some life and get the experiment going.
Lady Quick Switch wrote:Still another idea has to do with Sixshot and the nature of himself, his purpose, his singularity and his sole purpose for war. He's alone. He has no peer. He is the only one of his kind. In IDW he desired purpose and longed so badly to join the Reapers, weapons of mass destruction like himself. He could create, or have someone create for him, a second Six Changer, to have a peer, a fellow destroyer, but with a difference--emotion, giving Quick Switch the capacity to make the choice about his destiny, and QS sides with the Autobots. A "Sixshot v. 2.0", a true linear descendant of Sixshot. His "son." Quick Switch was described in his commercial as his son..
Something that only wants to destroy seeking to make life? It is out of character for what you've described.

Personally I think having it be an Autobot/Decepticon arms race sounds funner and can involve more players.
Lady Quick Switch wrote:Or Sixshot, having a twisted, weird sense of honor might have even done the unpredictable and unthinkable--allowed himself to be reverse engineered by the Autobots.
Cutting that one off right there. If the Decepticons built an uncontrollable, unstoppable killing machine with ambiguous morals to their own, I am almost positive they'd also install a kill switch to prevent that from happening.

I'll give my own ideas for you two later, not that it should matter. They're your characters do with them as you would :).
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warcry wrote:This actually dovetails nicely with my plans for Omega Supreme -- he's a sentient superweapon from the last great war, and as soon as the war finished he was deactivated, put in a parking orbit and more or less forgotten. I bet he and Quickswitch (or even Sixshot if the opportunity ever came up) could have some interesting conversations about their lot in life.
RE: Omega Supreme, would Obsidian have worked with him in the past? I mean, both being involved in past wars and everything...
Blaster wrote:Sixchangers are something that should come way later. There is no way that the technology should go single alt - > Six Alts - > Three alts without the six changers being both less effective and weaker in technology and thus eventually power.
Wasn't there something that the Decepticons will jump Springer and Blitzwing and use them as test material to create triple changers before creating Sixshot or something?
The Autobots in this RPG are nothing like the Cartoon, Comic or even old RPG. I think so far it has been indicated and implied that they are more than ready to do what is necessary in times of war or Conflict and are a fair bit bloodthirstier.
Aye, Sentinel, Prowl and Blaze are clearly not 'white', and with sentient superweapons like Omega Supreme walking around... I always saw it that the general Autobot populace considers themselves holy and clean like the cartoon Autobots, but the high command are more 'black ops' and stuff.
Does not jive with the current direction that the Autobots are going. While that might change with a change in leadership, all current signs point to the creation of a weapon not being a huge issue as long as he was kept in check and used properly. He won't get chucked aside for simply being a weapon though especially not a weapon of mass destruction.
Wouldn't locking him up whenever not needed be counted as being 'kept in check'? Especially with a jerkass like Sentinel taking charge?
Changing it to putting the weapon in jail for crossing the line while in combat in regards to civilians brought on by the dementia of the additional personalities or maybe just a good ol' military bum rush. He did something he was ordered to by someone who didn't have authorization to give the order and so he takes the fall too.
I like this idea, if LQS wants to go with it. And especially if it happens (again) when Sentinel is in charge, he isn't the type of person to listen to excuses.
Something that only wants to destroy seeking to make life? It is out of character for what you've described.
And Sixshot isn't likely to be willing, I've said that too.
Personally I think having it be an Autobot/Decepticon arms race sounds funner and can involve more players.
This. I've always thought as arms race as one of the more entertaining bits of the early war stories. And with Wheeljack around, he could easily reverse-engineer the sixchanger process.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Wasn't there something that the Decepticons will jump Springer and Blitzwing and use them as test material to create triple changers before creating Sixshot or something?
That's what I'm working on in the Kaon thread for Springer anyway
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Blaster wrote:Oh come now. It was all fun and games for the rest of Western Canada hoping for the return of the Jets, but now that they're back so's the rivalry. As of 9 AM PST this morning I wish nothing but misfortune on the Jets again!
Oh, no, I totally get that. Just like I hope the Canucks get humiliatingly swept by the Bruins, have to sell off all their supporting players in a fire sale like the Blackhawks did last year and miss the playoffs for the next decade. But I don't want any other Canadian team to cease to exist (no, not even the Senators) because then who would I have left to boo?

Although it looks like Washington, Florida, Tampa and Carolina will be the main targets of my derision for at least the next year. Rumour has it that they're not going to realign the divisions until next year, probably because they have no idea where the Coyotes will be for 2012-13.
Blaster wrote:Edit- Also multi-changing technology causing MPS is a straight rip-off of what I was obviously already laying the grounds for in Blitzwing.
Yeah, it's almost like the idea has shown up in multiple pieces of official fiction over the years and other people have the same idea as you. Imagine that!
Blaster wrote:Sixchangers are something that should come way later. There is no way that the technology should go single alt - > Six Alts - > Three alts without the six changers being both less effective and weaker in technology and thus eventually power.
Don't forget: the sixchangers (or at least Sixshot) is being specifically built from scratch as a sixchanger. Guys like Blitzwing or Springer already exist and are getting the tech haphazardly slapped on after the fact. It only makes sense that a natural-born multi-changer would be more effective than a hastily kludged-together one, no matter which order they get built in.
Blaster wrote:The Autobots in this RPG are nothing like the Cartoon, Comic or even old RPG. I think so far it has been indicated and implied that they are more than ready to do what is necessary in times of war or Conflict and are a fair bit bloodthirstier.
If you're talking about Prime or the military, you're right. But don't forget that they've got a massive civilian population to worry about, and since the Autobot government is at least semi-democratic they've got to worry about PR a lot.
Blackjack wrote:RE: Omega Supreme, would Obsidian have worked with him in the past? I mean, both being involved in past wars and everything...
Likely yes.

Which begs the question: does Obsidian know what's become of him, and would he try to recruit him to the Decepticon side?
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Warcry wrote: Although it looks like Washington, Florida, Tampa and Carolina will be the main targets of my derision for at least the next year. Rumour has it that they're not going to realign the divisions until next year, probably because they have no idea where the Coyotes will be for 2012-13.
When re-alignment happens, I hope they move Colorado. They're the only team that has any hope of being good of the five. I like the thought of free wins!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warcry wrote:Which begs the question: does Obsidian know what's become of him, and would he try to recruit him to the Decepticon side?
But of course! Obsidian will think that Omega Supreme, being a superweapon that is designed to protect Cybertron, will have to protect Cybertron as well, which thus, according to Obsidian, means siding with the Decepticons and use Megatron as a figurehead to bring Cybertron to a new Golden Age...
Lady Quickswitch

Lots of posts! I'll be back later on to answer them.

--Lady Quick Switch
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Warcry wrote:
Don't forget: the sixchangers (or at least Sixshot) is being specifically built from scratch as a sixchanger. Guys like Blitzwing or Springer already exist and are getting the tech haphazardly slapped on after the fact. It only makes sense that a natural-born multi-changer would be more effective than a hastily kludged-together one, no matter which order they get built in.
Derp de derp Transformers always use the same body they start with and just add on. Heeerp!
Lady Quickswitch

It's been more than a few days, but here goes!

Blackjack
I like these mind games with a character. Especially when QS meets some of the Decepticons like Obsidian that genuinely believe that the Autobots are the ones destroying the planet and the Cons are trying to save it...
:)
Uh oh. Yes this will mess with Quick's mind I'm sure. ;)
In the old RPG, the player's interpretation of Quickswitch was a somewhat-crazy Autobot fanatic. He thinks Optimus Prime is absolute, and refuses to admit that anyone else's opinion, be it Ironhide or some other Autobot, to be correct. Coupled with his mood swings and his powerful abilities, while he is a highly competent soldier and friend, Quickswitch is also a tormented soul that is best described as 'unstable'.

Something like that. Now obviously I'm not forcing you to follow it, just throwing ideas here. I mean, the essence of the character is still the same.
I consider Quick Switch to be unstable and tortured as well. But fanaticism, a central focus-A fanatical loyalty to Prime built into him as a means of keeping him under control, on a very short leash. That's how I would do it. I like the thought of something like this, but it conflicts with the lack of mental cohesion and lack of any permanent consistency. I might consider it, but it could just end up an inferior version of someone else's portrayal. I haven't read too much of the old RPG, but what I have seen is eerily similar to what I'm doing, which is validating and very disapointing at the same time! He might have been a highly competant soldier in the old RPG but I am not! As Quicky's player in the new RPG I need to read up on the military..... Any advice there?
Multiple personality disorder, in short, no?

I've always seen it like this as well. I've always thought the G1 sixchangers have something wrong in their minds due to that many alternate modes. Now Sixshot is so screwed up that, even though the sixchanger technology should by rights rip his mind into six personalities, he is so violent that all six function as a cohesive whole.

But Quickswitch is different, he doesn't have the same driving kill kill kill purpose that Sixshot has, so his six personalities emerge.

You know, probably since Sixshot is the first one, the scientists think that there's nothing wrong with the technology, since Sixshot doesn't exhibit too much symptoms of having multiple personalities. I've always thought of Sixshot's purpose and anger driving his mind together...

You raise a good point, though... I may have Sixhot lose his grip on his cohesiveness somewhere down the road...
I love their distinctive, stressed minds. Quicky has no internal consistency, no cohesion, no "whole". I need to write a profile! That many modes? It's not compatible with life. Quickswitch is a sacrifice for the Autobot cause. I imagine them knowing full well what would happen to his mind eventually, but it was a necessary evil. The need to combat the Deceptocons' weapon outweighs any complication to arise. Quicky will be keeping Iacon Mental Health very busy. ;)

How are you RPing the prior multiformer experiments? Are they alive, locked up somewhere, terminated due to the unnatural addition. How many modes did Team Science experiment with?
Have the Autobots done any experimentation with extra modes
Changing it to putting the weapon in jail for crossing the line while in combat in regards to civilians brought on by the dementia of the additional personalities or maybe just a good ol' military bum rush. He did something he was ordered to by someone who didn't have authorization to give the order and so he takes the fall too.
I like this idea, if LQS wants to go with it. And especially if it happens (again) when Sentinel is in charge, he isn't the type of person to listen to excuses.
I'm liking this but juggling it around with Quick's origin. I don't see him being used that much by the Autobots at first, being a mere utility rather than a Cybertronian citizen. Once he's created, would they just let him run around until he does something like this and Sentinel locks him up? I imagined Quick as having very little freedom at first and having more freedoms over time. But it is still an excellent scenario.

Warcry
This actually dovetails nicely with my plans for Omega Supreme -- he's a sentient superweapon from the last great war, and as soon as the war finished he was deactivated, put in a parking orbit and more or less forgotten. I bet he and Quickswitch (or even Sixshot if the opportunity ever came up) could have some interesting conversations about their lot in life.

If nothing else, considering how he was treated I think the very fact of Quickswitch's creation would make Omega very, very mad. Those who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it, and since Omega's history was covered up no one ever got a chance to learn the "don't create sentient superweapons" lesson
Nice. How would Omega learn about Quick Switch's creation? Just curious.
Quick seems very hastily put together. It's likely a lot harder than it looks to build a functioning six-mode Transformer. Each of his modes are little more than approximations of their function, totally useless for disguise. His beast mode is a rough approximation of a beast. Quickswitch is entirely function over form. He looks hideous. His robot form actually resembles a gestalt torso, so maybe they had some spare parts laying around and converted it into a Sixchanger form.

Blaster
Agreed. Arms race it is.

Blitzwing's MPD as a result of the multiformer process could serve as a dangerous warning that no amount of extra modes are safe to add to any Cybertronian. Even one extra mode can result in a split personality among a host of many other side effects.

How do you see each of the Triplechangers affected?