Prime Wars info

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Brendocon 2.0

Prime Wars info

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

(considered putting this in the ongoing Hasbro thread, but thought it probably warrants one of its own)

Early info seeping through about TF: Prime Wars, via 4chan (following copy/pasted from DaimChoc's FB page, attachment is screengrab of same info from 4chan/tfg
Prime Wars next Gimmick is toys to life. Download an App and scan the card that comes with the figure onto your iphone. Play "stages"(it's unkown what type of game it's going to be) using said character.
Titanmasters will be replaced by equally smaller guys. They won't be headmasters but closer to Micromasters that become target masters or weapon platforms.
Legends will still be able to cart the tiny men around
Prime Wars will still be mostly 88-89 crew. Things like Turbomasters will show up from time to time.
All 5 Dinobots will be made as well as the remaining 3 insecticons will appear. Ransack will show up towards the end of TR as will Barrage. Venom will either be Wave 6 of TR or Wave 1 of PW. He's like Buzzsaw in CW where he may not be able to fit into wave 1.
Scorponok will be Next Titan after Trypticon
TR Arcee is just a repaint of TR Loudmouth
Attachments
16711790_408469452836821_1758370922951518983_n.jpg
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Interesting. Not at all surprised by the 'Toys to Life' as they already do that with RiD, right? The funny circled symbols on the figures can be scanned if I understand it correctly.

Well, we'll see how it all goes.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Not entirely sure how seriously I'll take info from /toy/, but it would be fantastic if this were true. I would be a bit surprised though, because all the info that we've gotten from Hasbro in the past suggests that CW, TR and whatever comes after are being treated as a trilogy of sorts, with each one having a big unifying gimmick running across all the toys themselves. Obviously that may have changed, but "toys to life" doesn't really qualify as a play pattern the way combiners and Headmasters do.

Toyfair's this weekend though, so we probably won't have to wait long to find out!
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

Ugh...thanks for putting this here! & here was i splattering it all over the dam website!

anywhoo...some elements of that do ring true....we know we're getting a Scorponok at some point, we kinda knew that there's gonna be dinobots coming also, we also kinda suspected that the targetmasters were gonna be involved to some degree in the 3rd part of the Prime Wars, even though we didn't know that they were gonna end up even smaller that the TM's
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Warcry wrote:Obviously that may have changed, but "toys to life" doesn't really qualify as a play pattern the way combiners and Headmasters do.
Maybe it's not the main play function of the line, but rather a side piece. It could be something on the art cards we've been getting for CW/TR, with a scan-able QR thing, or maybe a small embedded chip for NFC functionality, like Nintendo's Animal Crossing amiibo cards. Seems like the latter would drive cost up a bit though, so maybe the QR deal?

Dunno, just thinking aloud. I really hope it's more of a side gimmick and not the real play theme.