Man, I'm loyal to Beholder's Eye.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sir Auros

Man, I'm loyal to Beholder's Eye.

Post by Sir Auros »

The comic shop in my old town. Weekly customer for the past three years and I'd finally moved on up from a comic box on the floor to one of the glorious cubbies near the register when I found out we'd definitely be moving. Anyway, set up a monthly subscription thing with them so they'll charge my card and send me whatever comics they have on hold for me on the first of the month. I don't know what they're charging for shipping, but it can't be more than the cost for gas money to make the hour trip to the comic shops nearest to me now.

Who else loves their comic shop?

Also, I'm going to talk about the major haul I did make last week when I made a trip to the comic shop an hour away to the south (there's also one an hour away to the north). I got two rare-as-hell, expensive-as-f*ck Lord of the Rings toys for a mere $10 each (Prince Theodred and Dungeons of Isengard Orc Captain) when they usually go for more than that on ebay not even counting the shipping. They also had the third Liberty Meadows TPB that I've been looking for forever. The store was really cool, but it's an hour away in a city that's pure hell to navigate. Ooh, ooh, I also got one of those Four Horsemen Masters of the Universe "Staction Figures," at a Suncoast of all places, so I finally have a new Clawful, but still no Hordak.
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

I need to find a good one here....
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

The one near my house is great, introduced me to plenty of stuff that's become the staple of my comics diet. They also hold trades, hardcovers and comics they think I might have an interest in and never obligate me to buy any of it if I'm not interested.

I've found the majority of comic shops to have the best customer service of any retail establishment.
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

I used to go to the same comic book shop for about 7 years, but the last few years, the guy who owns the store didn't do a good job of saving the comics on my pull list and was a bit rude the last few times I went. So I switched to another one, were the workers are pretty friendly. Though I do feel bad because, my old shop closed down a few months after I stopped going to it.
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

God, Beel...

How much were you buying?
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Originally posted by Transfannabeel
I used to go to the same comic book shop for about 7 years, but the last few years, the guy who owns the store didn't do a good job of saving the comics on my pull list and was a bit rude the last few times I went. So I switched to another one, were the workers are pretty friendly. Though I do feel bad because, my old shop closed down a few months after I stopped going to it.

I'd blame it on the service and attitude more than the amount in your pull...
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

In my town of Indianapolis about 5 years agao you couldn't throw
rock without hitting a comic book store now there's only nine stores in the greater Indianapolis area that aren't in flea markets.
Because most of the flea markets here are only open on the weekend it's a major pain in the ass to deal because they deal
mostly in back issues and most of which is stuff that I usally got or don't want or need.
The other nine are the 4 in the Comic Carnvial chain
(the one I go to) and 5 in the Downtown Comics chain.

The 3 Comic Carnival stores that I've been to in past year all have one thing that I like Japanesse Transformer toys stuff like reissues of God Ginari, Sixhot, BT Deadend, SL Jetfire Sonic, and assortment of various Robot Masters toys.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

oh I love timemasters. I get employee discounts and the guys are just great. Whereever I move ill have them mailing my comics to me.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

I'm rather fond of B-Bop, but then, I work there. Nothing beats first dibs on everything that comes in.:)
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

I live less than 100 yards from this place, and it rules.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Comics shop? Yeah, right. I have to go to Forbidden Planet. Right, I say. RIGHT!
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Loads of comic shops became basically big "cult" stores rather than straight comic shops. I sway between forbidden planet, that one of charing cross road (It moved from a back street a few street away a while back) and Mega City in camden.
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

Originally posted by Kup1
God, Beel...

How much were you buying?

Only $20-$30 a month, I'm guessing his bad attitude drove away other long time customers.