Parents and Transformers.

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
UltraRodimus-Magnus
Protoform

Parents and Transformers.

Post by UltraRodimus-Magnus »

Ok so for the most part we know that when TF TM (86) came out, In some ways it was the Beginning of the end for the Orginal TF cartoon. But from what I understand alot of parents back in the 80s wanted the show off air. Since the show did become very Dark after the movie, and it didnt help that the movie was very violent for its time as well. What Im asking is did the parents play a part in the End of the TF cartoon in the 80s?
The key to Vector Sigma
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

Well, i know it wasn't my parents, as they saw it as half hour away from parenting duties.
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

My Mother single handedly brought about the end of the original cartoon, and then a few years latter the comic. She then flew over to Japan to **** over their cartoon and returned to the West just in time to destroy G2. Why were the writing staff on BW replaced for BM? My Mother. Why did RID only run for one season? She did it. Dreamwave's collapse and the Panini comic were her to. The Unicron trilogy was allowed to finish as she considered it so bad she decided it would help put people off, but she's currently about to smuggle a bomb into IDW HQ and is seriously thinking of killing the problem at the source by twating Simon Furman one.

And all because Arcee was pink.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Do you mean folks like this?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VuFhGR4QDd4& ... ed&search=

Yay. I've resorted to recycling my own material. :(
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
Dreamwave's collapse and the Panini comic were her to.

Well, that doesn't necessarily make her one those over zealous parents...that makes her a hero.
Dr Poth
Protoform

Post by Dr Poth »

My parents were all for transformers, they both really liked the idea of the toys and were one of the things, along with lego they thought in some ways were a benefit to a child as a toy, as it required you to think to a degree.

As for the cartoon and comic, well they used to buy me the comic and let me watch the cartoon, usually in the same room as them. Yes it was violent, but a lot of 80s cartoons were...
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

I dunno about season 3...it's like they just couldn't decide between "Okay, our viewers are two years older now, I think they can handle more mature storylines by now" and "Okay, we need to cater for new kids joining in so we're gonna include these two characters that are even more childish than Bumblebee and Spike were".

I think the decline was because Optimus Prime died so I guess no one wanted to watch it anymore. Personally I would've been happy if they hadn't brought him back though. Takara apparently didn't want him back, but I wish his death in Headmasters wouldn't have been so...ham-fisted.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Originally posted by zigzagger
Do you mean folks like this?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VuFhGR4QDd4& ... ed&search=

Yay. I've resorted to recycling my own material. :(

That was just...wow. I wish I could watch the whole TV program that was from, I love stuff like that. You have made my morning!
Hound

Post by Hound »

I don't remember my parents ever caring about the cartoons I watched being too violent. They grew up watching Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry. TFs is mild compared to those.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Originally posted by Hound
I don't remember my parents ever caring about the cartoons I watched being too violent. They grew up watching Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry. TFs is mild compared to those.

If Looney Tunes has taught us anything, it's that it's okay to bitchslap a duck so hard his beak turns around.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
inflatable dalek

My mother hated Tiny Tune Adventures just because she thought them being kids was an insult to Loony Tunes.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
My mother hated Tiny Tune Adventures just because she thought them being kids was an insult to Loony Tunes.

Yeah but unlike Looney Tunes, Tiny Tune Adventures was both great and had a addictive themesong.

[MUSIC] I'm Tiny, I'm Toony, We're All A Little Looney... [/MUSIC]
inflatable dalek

Originally posted by Maju Garzett
Yeah but unlike Looney Tunes, Tiny Tune Adventures was both great and had a addictive themesong.

After the first episode the CITV presenters had to explain what "It's a wrap" means as it's only something dirty yanks say. Ruined all our childhoods.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

:eek: