Dead Can Dance has a new album, and it's awesome.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Notabot

Dead Can Dance has a new album, and it's awesome.

Post by Notabot »

Go buy "Anastasis". You won't regret it. It's been 16 years since their last studio album (which I wasn't a huge fan of). I didn't realize it was even coming out until I stumbled across it on Amazon a few weeks ago. It's fantastic; probably one of their best albums to date.

On the other hand, I also picked up the new Skinny Puppy album "Handover", and was seriously disappointed. I've really enjoyed their last 2 and liked the energy and power of the albums. This one just doesn't have that. All the songs kind of run together with no real stand-outs, all the songs have the same steady beat throughout, and most have at least one loop that runs consistently throughout the entire song. I know SP albums take a while to grow on people, but I'm just not really liking this one much at all.

And, Wovenhand came out with a new album just this Tuesday. I haven't had a chance to listen to that one too thoroughly yet, but I really like what I've heard.

So that's what I've been doing on Amazon this week, because I know you've all been curious. :)