[Original RPG] Invasion Part 3: Change of Possession

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Reflector

Invasion Part 3: Change of Possession

Post by Reflector »

Galvatron smiled at Thundercracker. For the first time in his existence, he almost looked...benevolent. His voice was low and soft. The amount of rationality in his tone would have disturbed most Decepticons, as well as Autobots.

"No Thundercracker, let them be. My officers are welcome to see me at any time. Now, go patrol the skies above Decepticon City. I want to be informed at once of the Autobots' inevitable counterstrike."

He gave Thundercracker a dismissing nod, then turned his head to Sixshot and Scorponok.

"You two may recharge your systems and repair any wounds you may have suffered in the battle. I am not expecting the Autobots to simply abandon Metroplex. You are two of my strongest warriors; I want you ready for the Autobots' return."

Galvatron gave them the same nod he had given Thundercracker, when the doors were suddenly opened. His complacent expression became a scowl as stepped through...

"Darkwing, Dreadwind! I must get a secretary...Leave me, before I obliterate you!"

SPAKOW!!!

"--nrai!"

The turbulence was over. For a moment, he could not help wondering what had happened. But it passed quickly, and the sensible solution pushed itself to the front of his mind.

The vortex must have sucked us in. But, where is Jinrai? We entered together...almost. That split-second's difference must have multiplied. I wonder how long he's been here. Days? Weeks? No matter, I must find him.

"Starmap."

The human (in appearance only, that is) watched through his glass eyeshield as the main monitor shifted from a forward view to a chart, mapping all stars within a one hundred light year radius.

"Locate subject: God Jinrai."

Nearly instantaneously, a fairly lonely dot on the far left of the screen began blinking. He did not need an analysis to know what he was seeing.

"Earth. I should have guessed. Foward perspective. Set course: Earth."

The massive starcraft hesitated for a few moments, then rocketed off through the cosmos.

[This message has been edited by Reflector (edited 10-09-2001).]
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Jinrai became disghusted by skywarp's remark... still in the shadows, he was sorely tempted to spring on the both of them... and he did just that... making a mad dash from his shadowy hideaway, he opened fire, full blast on skywarp, avoiding the shapeshifter... his quarrel was not with her... or it ..or whatever it was...

Jinrai transformed, the cannons mounting onto his trailer... all swiveled forward, opening fire on the teleporter... he was fully aware skywarp would likely teleport out of harm's way... but that mattered little to him... all that mattered was that he could get inside metroplex... he couldn't let things go worse than they already were.. if he could just reach the control center...
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

"Blaster we are gonna have to find voer soon m'man decepticon patrols afre gonna start coming" Jazz transformed into vehicle mode the door opening.

Blaster sent the message out again then spoke
"I know jazz man but when we gonna make the stand" he got into jazz as thedoor closed and jazz sped off

"we'll do it in 3 cycles... lets just hope we have back up"
Black_Scorponok

Post by Black_Scorponok »

Scorponok and Sixshot exited along with Thundercracker. Sixshot turned to his old friend:

Sixshot: "Thundercracker...how is it that you live after all these years? We thought you were long gone!"

Scorponok: "Yes, after our first attempt to destroy this cursed city...you never returned. Though, I suppose it matters little where you were, so long as you live now...you know Thundercracker, I meant what i said about air commander. That moron Starscream doesn't even deserve to be the head janitor much less the air commander. Perhaps if you were to ask Galvatron for a chance to prove yourself, he would grant it."

Sixshot: "He does have a point...I don't believe that Galvatron would vaporize you for asking...especially since you just got back!"
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

"But Mighty Galvatron", said Darkwing. "We would like to offer our services to you."

"Yes. " said Dreadwing. "We would like to eliminate the remaining Autobots for you."
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

Post by AngelOfDeath124 »

The Autobot's sudden movement surprised even her, as Adeara had kept a close eye on this one's mind. An instant after his movement, Adeara realized she had underestimated this Autobot. "Skywarp, watch out!" Adeara cried as she brought her blade up in time to just barely(hopefully) deflect the first blast from the attacker's guns.....
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Thundercracker allowed himself a slight smile, and lifted his head slightly in the direction of Scorponok

"The cards of power will fall where they may, Starscream's ineptitude has long since ceased to be the source of debate. However, I am not one to presume, I much prefer to allow events to happen as they see fit." However, helping them along never hurt anybody yet... except their predecessors of course...

He continued "I appreciate your support in the matter. However, I must attend to business - Galvatron commands I scout the airways, then that is what I shall do" after all, it should give me a chance to admire the scenery again...
Sades

Post by Sades »

***AUTOBOT SHUTTLE, EARTH***

Springer scowled slightly. He turned to the others in the shuttle and said,

"That's all great, but the others are going to have a heck of a time converging on our position if we don't find a place to hide, pronto. Any suggestions? I'm for the nearest mineshaft... it should keep us safe from Decepticon scanners. Downside is, we'll have to set up some sort of enhancer outside the shaft so Prime and the others will know where we went."

***CAPTURED DECEPTICON SHUTTLE - ENROUTE TO EARTH***

"....One hour aaaaand counting till we reach Earth..."

Muttered Ignition as she went over her scans of surrounding space... again. Still no unusual anything, anywhere. It was frustrating, especially knowing what was happening on Earth. All she could do was sit and wait. The light from the consoles illuminated her face as she glanced over at Shatterbolt, who seemed oblivious to their current situation as she focused on the console in front of her.

"How can she stay so quiet? It's as if we're doing a bloody cargo run instead of trying to save Earth. If anything, I'd expect her to be raging... like she would have back when we were both trainees..."

Realization struck Ignition like a bullet train. She quickly turned back to her console, looking at the screen without really seeing it.

"...That's the problem. Shatter's been so different lately... she's trying to advance herself, she's leaving me behind... she's... "growing up"? "

It made sense. Shatter had been promoted only weeks ago. Since, she'd been... really bland. Boring. And she didn't cover for Ignition as often as she used to. In short, she was fast becoming the model Autobot officer.

"...She outranks me now, like everyone else... She's turned into Magnus, for Pit's sake!!"

Ignition laughed out loud. Shatterbolt turned to her and said quietly,

"...What could be funny at a time like this?"

Ignition grinned.

"Nothing... whoops, I mean, Nothing, sir."

Her grin grew as Shatterbolt looked at her for a moment, then chuckled herself.

"...Whatever, Iggy. Thanks."

Ignition looked puzzled.

"For wha-"

She started, but Shatterbolt only grinned as she set the shuttle to autopilot, got up, and headed towards the back. Ignition watched her for a moment, then shrugged.

"...Hmph. Officers. Thank Primus I'll never be one!!"

She grinned.

Shatterbolt sighed a little as Ignition announced the time.

"One hour... Still one hour away..."

She cast a sideways glance at Ignition, who was dilligently checking her scans... again. Shatterbolt grinned slightly, then returned her glance to her console.

"....She might not realize it, but she'd make a good officer if she could get a grip on her temper and learn some patience..."

The console faded as Shatterbolt's thoughts turned inward. She thought of Earth and what was happening to it right now. Last known reports placed Autobot City in Decepticon hands. She had no idea if their forces were wiped out or in hiding.

"...Are they safe? are they dead? Is there anything left to come home to? Is Earth..."

Just when Shatterbolt thought she couldn't stand the weight of her own thoughts anymore, Ignition laughed. It was a startling sound, carefree and light in a moment that was anything but. Shatterbolt leaned in and asked her about it, and recieved an unsatisfying answer. She shrugged, and smiled a little. Though she didn't know what Ignition was laughing at, her laugh was infectious. Shatterbolt chuckled. Ignition looked puzzled, but Shatterbolt just grinned and went to the back of the shuttle. There, she uncovered a load of weapons and ammo, and fished out her assault rifle.

"...Yes, thank you, Iggy... I needed to be brought back to reality. I'm an officer now, I have to be prepared for what's going to happen and stop worrying about what's been."

She picked up a laser clip and slid it in, then turned to a nearby window. Earth was just becoming visible now.

[This message has been edited by saysadie (edited 10-09-2001).]
Hun-Grrr

Post by Hun-Grrr »

A large Decepticon stepped through one of the wrecked doors of Autobot City. Looking at the destruction they had brought. This is a fine monument of Decepticon victory... too bad that this... Metroplex... must be built a new... as a Decepticon.

He concentrated his mindreading abilities and began to search for Galvatron's mind, only to find Jinrai's. An Autobot here?

Stalker began to read the outer layers of Jinrai's mind, sensing that the Autobot was ready to attack Skywarp. Telepathic message from Stalker was sent to Skywarp. "Skywarp, teleport. The Autobot attacking you is too powerful against you alone."

A rocket launcher materialized to Stalker's hands from the subspace. "Attention. Stalker to all Decepticons inside Metroplex. There is an unknown powerful Autobot hiding at the former Autobot memorial hall."

[This message has been edited by Hun-Grrr (edited 10-09-2001).]
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

"We can't risk it, really," Wheeljack pointed out. "Right now, we're the main group left on Earth. Everyone else is scattered about. We have to somehow get in touch with them first."

"But we can't be out in the open the whole time," Hound interjected. "What's the point of gathering everyone together if they can spot us all?"
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Thundercracker heard the message, and frowned at Scorponok. "I suppose that air recon is a bit unnecessary now. Get moving or there won't be any left for you."

And with that, Thundercracker transformed to jet mode and went soaring off down the widening corridor, toward the memorial halls. I suppose that my sightseeing'll have to wait. Again.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

And he lost his temper.

"Why you insubordinate..."

Galvatron jumped up from his chair, walked directly over the workstation, and hoisted Darkwing and Dreadwind into the air by their throats.

"Did I not make it clear enough to you yet that you are to destroy the Autobots? Am I talking to myself?! Or do you want me to annihilate you?!"

Then it hit him.

Ah, the shuttle. Hm...These two are expendable, and they've been getting quite on my nerves of late. Besides, what will the Autobots do if they fall under attack...retaliate? Bwahahahaha!

Galvatron watched each struggle to escape his grasp for a few more seconds before setting them down.

"Very well, permission granted. But be warned: Do not fail me! This is the only chance you shall have to redeem yourselves. You will destroy the Autobot shuttle or die trying. Now go! Bring me victory!"

As Galvatron concluded the speech, a message entered his head. It was Stalker. Galvatron listened with minimal attention at first, but the word "Autobot" caught him.

"Stalker, this is Galvatron. Engage the Autobot. Capture him if you can, but do not go out of your way to let him live. If you run into trouble, contact Gigatron; he is in the area. Galvatron out."

As the transmission ended, Galvatron released a small sigh. He stared blankly at the door just long enough to catch Darkwing and Dreadwind watching him.

"Well? Go!"
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Soundwave watched as Darkwing and Dreadwind left, he scanned their minds briefly. Hmm, nothing of use. Just fear.

He glanced down at the diskette Galvatron had handed him, and stored in for later study. He then remembered something else he had stored. Removing the data slug regarding the stasis pods, and clenching it in his fist to hide it from view, he turned to Galvatron.

"Commander, there is something within the city that I would like to investigate further. I will need the abilites of Reflector to execute it. May I ask where they are?"
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Galvatron nodded to Soundwave.

"I'd nearly forgotten about them. I did --"

Another transmission interrupted him. He scanned its source and decided to take it.

"One moment. What is it, Gigatron?"

"The Autobots are eliminated, save the one in the memorial hall. Your orders?"

Galvatron grinned. "Be on standby. Your assistance may be required in bringing him down. Galvatron out. Now Soundwave, you wanted Reflector. You shall have him..."

Galvatron slowly and calmly returned to his new workstation, pushed a button, and spoke into the microphone. His words were broadcast clearly to the exterior of the city.

"Starscream! Get in my office! NOW!!!"
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Jinrai could feel someone peeling at his mind... and nailed the throttle... charging past skywarp, he swung a tight turn, and could see the armory ahead... no one in his path... giving it all he had, jinrai pulled the masterforce around him, diverting it to his engine systems... surging forward with a huge burst of speed... edging through the doors as the slammed shut... he was in the armory... not where he'd hoped... but perhaps this would be better yet...

HE glanced around, seeing various autobot weapons... explosives... and a link into metroplex's systems... he approached the interface, and as he did so, activated the magna locks on the door... sealing it shut until he saw fit to unlock them... IF he unlocked them...
Sades

Post by Sades »

***AUTOBOT SHUTTLE, EARTH***

Springer nodded at Wheeljack.

"Well, that's impossible until we know where everyone is... Great. this is looking better by the second..."

Hound spoke up, and Springer turned to look at him. A thought hit him.

"...Maybe not impossible, after all..."

He looked back and forth between Wheeljack and Hound as he spoke.

"...Maybe we won't have to gather everyone together. Wheeljack, do you think you can rig our communications to emit a coded message on an Autobot frequency? Something to let our guys know what's up, and tell them to get into hiding until further notice. It's the only thing that I can think of... Prime will bring everyone together when the time's right. Right now, though, safety's most important. We've got to retreat, lick our wounds, and hope the Decepticons don't come looking for us."

[This message has been edited by saysadie (edited 10-09-2001).]
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Sunstreaker looked at Springer "That reminds me wonder if Jazz and blaster got anybody yet" He looks the the screen Blaster signal still being emitted. "Guess not"
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

"Yes, Lord Galvatron", they both said.

The two ran out the hall and out of Metroplex.

"Wait," said Dreadwind. "Shouldn't we get some help?"

"No", said Darkwing. "You heard what Galvatron said. We gotta go after that shuttle. We need to do this by ourselves."

"All right then," said Dreadwind

The two jets transformed, Throttle and Hi-Test landing in their cockpits as tey did, then took off after the Autobot shuttle.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

"Guys," Cybershot spoke up. "I've got a signal from Blaster. He's rallying the troops to fight back."

Fire Convoy sighed. "The fool. He'll get himself killed. Come on, we have to convince him to get out of here."

The group transformed, except Warfare.

"What's wrong?" Bushido asked.

Warfare hesitated. "I...can't transform."

God Magnus pulled up in front of him and threw his rear door down. "Climb in, hero."

Warfare looked reluctant, but he did as he was told. God Magnus closed him in, and they rolled for Blaster's position.

I hope we're not too late, Fire Convoy thought.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

accessing the data readouts currently displayed by metroplex, Jinrai now had a rough idea of where the higher ups in the decepticon army were hiding in the city... "Galvatron... and others.. they're in the conference chambers... quickest route... blast it! there's a group of cons in that path... Wait a second. this... looks like... " Jinrai went silent for a moment..

"That's EXACTLY what it is!" he headed over to a huge rack of weaponry, and slid it aside... an access panel that lead to that central hub area... it wouldn't get him to the conference chamber... but it MIGHT just get him past that group of cons... leaving him only to have to worry about those in the conference chamber...

The panel slid away, and jinrai crept silently inside... it was a bit of a squeeze... he'd have fit better in vehcile mode instead of crawling, but the sound of a semi rig running through the walls would likely make the decepticons wonder just what was going on... silently as he could, he crept through the access halls, headed for the hub center of metroplex...