Cover for New Avengers/Transformers #3

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
zigzagger

Cover for New Avengers/Transformers #3

Post by zigzagger »

Cover for the 3rd installment of the upcoming New Avengers/Transformers book is up at comicnewsi.com. The cover depicts a battle between a certain purple, grey, and black Decepticon seeker and Ironman.
retrieved from comicnewsi.com

edit
mirrored....for your crossover-fantasy pleasures
jhlucas
Protoform

Post by jhlucas »

I'm rooting for Skywarp!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Is Iron Man really supposed to be that tall?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Like the other art we have seen, the perspective is totally non-existent. Either Iron Man is very tall, as Dalek notes, or they've got the cut-price bargain-basement Warpy there. And I didn't think anyone's head, let alone IM's in that helmet, turned that far, especially in such a pose.

Warpy has also a somewhat unnaturally convex body, sorta banananana-ish, and is hunched. I know what this is meant to convey, but it doesn't sit well with the eye. Pelvic thrust, too, I note....

Oh, my. This is not one for fans of fine art and I am feeling it has been dashed off to cash in (never! you cry).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
inflatable dalek

Still, it looks like a G1 Skywarp rather than the IDW version that's supposed to be in the comic, so hopefully they'll be nothing like that in the actual issue (especially as Skywarp should still be recovering from getting twated at this stage).
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

joygasm.

That is all
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Clogs
I am feeling it has been dashed off to cash in

I'm thinking it's one for the people who've been reading Joes vs TFs...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'm thinking its' one for idiots and completists. Worryingly not the most worthless cash-in IDW have concocted, though (The Best of Furman is going to take a fair bit of beating...).

Once again, I find myself asking why this story needed to be told... don't IDW have enough minimal input projects to keep their pockets lined without having to resort to such pathetic attention whoring?
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

while the perspective is all wonky and its not the greatest piece of art ever im, actually going to give the artist the benefit of the doubt and assume that its a giant suit of armour specifically designed to battle transformers. the only reason im saying this is although the artist graduated at the school of "pat lee's university of ****ed up perspective and horrible tf art" I think that iron man and skywarp are drawn too close together for the artist to not notice the size difference.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
inflatable dalek

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
I'm thinking its' one for idiots and completists.

I have the horrid feeling that being the latter is making me the former. And for the record- The "Animated" Movie adaptation is not only the most pointless thing IDW have done, but is in fact the most pointless thing in the Universe ever.
snavej

Post by snavej »

I wonder if this miniseries will be as wacky as 'Black Horizon'?
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

This being in-continuity is incredibly off-putting, no matter what super-awesome shoehorn-age they use. Oh, and isn't there a Spotlight issue connected to it? Couldn't they just leave it at this and never mention it again? Well, I suppose nothing beats a dirty old man fighting a Mega Morph. I'd buy a Stark vs. Blackrock cover, though . . . :swirly:
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

I bet it's a videogame!! And prime dies!! But his essence is stored on a floppy disk!!

waitaminute...
inflatable dalek

Originally posted by Aardvark
This being in-continuity is incredibly off-putting,

What's doubly annoying is that from the start of Infiltration to the end of Eacalation can't be longer than a week (unless there's a massive and unrefferenced time jump somewhere). Within that week we also have:

Stormbringer, Kup, Nightbeat, Sixshot, plus the "Present day" pages of Shockwave and Ultra Magnus. Infact the only Spoltights to date we can't be 100% certain don't have any pages during this week are Hot Rod (could be any time prior, or even after at this stage) and Soundwave (the last page is just stated to be 2007), and both could easily turn out to be as well. Isn't that a very crowded week without trying to fit in a adventure with the Avengers as well?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Most of those have little (if anything) to do with Earth.
SPOILER! (select to read)
The crossover may be be connected to / erased by Galvatron's appearance in this universe.