Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream out at US retail

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream out at US retail

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I suddenly wish I wouldn't have just spent my paypal nestegg on various BW figures I had been wanting :(

Paypal donations for my MP Starscream funds anyone? :glance:
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

I will actually be amazed if it comes to wal-mart. was there last night and the shelving space for transformers has gotten even smaller! i can honestly say less than 1/4 of the shelf space was Tfs from the movie, a few titaniums and that was all. TBH i might see this product more at Books A Million or Hastings before Wal-mart at that rate! Last I was there at either store, they masterpiece primes were dominating the shelf space in certain areas. Hopefully though MP S.S. will come to the wal-marts, pending nothing happens ever for hasbro like it did for mattell. (remembers reading on seibertron.com that the toys for hasbro are safe)
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Anyone found one of these yet?
trilobitepictures
Protoform

Post by trilobitepictures »

They seem to be MIA here in Connecticut...

:mad:
"It goes 'bing' when there's stuff."

Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Originally posted by trilobitepictures
They seem to be MIA here in Connecticut...

:mad:

I feel your anger.I haven't seen one in SoCal either.I hate waiting for toys when they should be out on the shelf already.:mad:
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

The first sighting was within the last few days. Toys aren't typically released like videogames, music, or movies where there's a given release date and almost everyone has the things on the shelves that day.

Patience.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I went to 4 different Walmarts today and came up with nothing. Every store had the same things, dozen or so Cybertron Primus, 1-2 of the 20th Anniv MP Prime, and a handful of movie toys. Alas no Starscream.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Also keep in mind that Starscream will ship by himself - it's not like the 2009 Camaro Bumblebee that ships with X other toys that have to be sold before the product class is reordered.

I'd imagine Starscream will be shipped in increasingly larger numbers as the holidays approach.

Haven't yet decided whether I want one. I think the green Takara one is an improvement, but I also think Hasbro did a good job at making the original scheme more bearable (unlike, say, the Robotmasters Starscream, which is hideous to me now). Time and opportunity will tell, I suppose.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I don't for one minute want to assume he will be sold in larger numbers and miss out on the figure. I say this because I never once saw either Rumble or Ravage Alternators once in any Walmart in Central California. I barely ever saw the Constructicon set, so my faith in Walmart having more than a slight few if any is very low. I have a long running theory that in this area only super centers get these exclusives. The only 2 super centers in this area are about 49 miles away in opposite directions :wall:
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Originally posted by Ackula
I don't for one minute want to assume he will be sold in larger numbers and miss out on the figure. I say this because I never once saw either Rumble or Ravage Alternators once in any Walmart in Central California. I barely ever saw the Constructicon set, so my faith in Walmart having more than a slight few if any is very low. I have a long running theory that in this area only super centers get these exclusives. The only 2 super centers in this area are about 49 miles away in opposite directions :wall:

I hate to travel to all the stores to just to find one toy. Let alone just try to order one and hope it gets there. I never saw Ravage or Rumble or the constructicons set. If I worked at wal-mart it would be another story for my faith to not be shattered. Anyways I wish people luck on finding these because MP S.S. will be a good collector's item if one can grab it :D
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Ackula
I don't for one minute want to assume he will be sold in larger numbers and miss out on the figure. I say this because I never once saw either Rumble or Ravage Alternators once in any Walmart in Central California.

I dunno. There are more Masterpiece Primes floating around than any specific Alternator or Classics toy. I still think Starscream's nature as a stand-alone product apart from other lines means he'll show up sooner or later... and linger around for a year or more.

Of course, the re-shipped Masterpiece Primes are finally thinning out thanks to the movie's popularity (I guess), so who knows?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Would anywhere be ordering large numbers if Prime was a shelf-warmer, though?
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

When MP Prime was first released in 2004 was it this way as well? I was just a casual collector at the time largely due to my ex-wife prohibiting me from spending money on toys at all, but I do remember having a hard time finding the original release of MP Prime, and an even harder time justifying its purchase. The purchase of MP Prime's first release was actually the first TF related toy I had bought since the BW days to be honest, so it does tend to stand out in my mind.

Granted since it was re-released they were plentiful, and still are in a few locations. But I don't recall the initial release to be that way. Am I wrong? And was the original 2004 release a Walmart exclusive as well or no?
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

He IS at wal-mart. I saw the associates putting him on the sales. He dominates the shelves right now. I have several pics of the sighting, but they are on my phone sadly/ He is only 49.95 (correct me on price if I am off by a few cents please). I am dissappointed in his size, I figured he would be as big as the Masterpiece Prime. Sad indeed!
LORDMEGAMUSPRIME
Protoform

Us Masterpiece Starscream

Post by LORDMEGAMUSPRIME »

ok so what is the deal with this so called us release of masterpiece starscream is it out yet or not. i mean theres webs sites saying that its out now and other saying it comes out on november 29th and will toywiz.com ever get a shipment of them. i do hope that if or when it does show up at walmart that its gonna be a big shipment and not like4 or 5 to a case and thats it.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Welcome to the Boards.

There have been few sightings of them, which possibly means that some people have released them early and broke a possible "street-date". Keep an eye out for him. In this hobby, patience is a must.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

well not sure what the date of release was supposed to be, but he is there, and 40 dollars cheaper than the BBTS counterpart that is the same in every way. I just envisioned him bigger though, Prime scale, not leader class Brawl sized....
LORDMEGAMUSPRIME
Protoform

Post by LORDMEGAMUSPRIME »

leader class brawl size not to bad but it would be better if he was
the actual masterpiece scale. on the movie figures hasbro should make an ultimate class blackout complete with chest cannon, rotating wrist gatling guns and emp bomb launchers with lights and sounds
Nevermore

Re: Us Masterpiece Starscream

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by LORDMEGAMUSPRIME
ok so what is the deal with this so called us release of masterpiece starscream is it out yet or not. i mean theres webs sites saying that its out now and other saying it comes out on november 29th and will toywiz.com ever get a shipment of them. i do hope that if or when it does show up at walmart that its gonna be a big shipment and not like4 or 5 to a case and thats it.

People have found Starscream in stores. That means he is out, no matter what online retailers say.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.