New Wal-Mart Entries (En. Quickstrike, Alt. Grimlock, U. Soundwave) NEW: Alt Swindle!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Bombshell

New Wal-Mart.com TF Entries (Energon Quickstrike, Alt. Grimlock, Universe Soundwave)

Post by Bombshell »

Quickstrike is a repaint of Energon Bulkhead. (Am I the only one thinking that it's way too early for repaints? I mean first Hot Shot, then Strongarm, and now Bulkhead? I wouldn't really mind except I haven't even seen Bulkhead yet...)

Universe Soundawave/Space Case was reported by Spiderman a while back.

Alternator Meister (AKA Jazz) has been reported to death, but they say that "you need to own this action figure." I think they hit the nail on the head there, folks.

What's really interesting is that they have a page up for Alternator Grimlock, which shows what looks to be a fully painted version of the prototype Nevermore reported on earlier.
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Grimlock's looking good, I'm just shocked that Wal-Mart put up a page for him this early.

As for Quickstrike, WTF? I probably won't see Bulkhead in stores until Christmas, and they're already taking orders for a repaint? :eyebrow:
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Photos look rather odd for the Alternators... very retouched, and possibly mis-transformed...
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

The colors around the waist are definitely photoshopped or airbrushed.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Ooh. I like the face on grimlock. Here's hoping he really looks like that.
Xille
Protoform

Post by Xille »

I really don't care that they have a repaint for Bulkhead planned already.

I love the colors. Love, love, love the colors.
The Dark Optimus Prime
Protoform

Post by The Dark Optimus Prime »

even if this is a photoshopped grimlock, it still looks awesome and is going directly onto my "i must buy this list":D
Joecooler2u
Protoform

New Wal-Mart.com TF Entries (Energon Quickstrike, Alt. Grimlock, Universe Soundwave)

Post by Joecooler2u »

Grimlock looks really cool. I love the whole Alternator line. That and the reissues really brought me back to collecting Transformers. I got a question out there for everyone. Which do you prefer the BT's or Alternators? I am sticking to the Alternators since they are much cheaper. You can get two of each toy for less then the price of one BT. Can someone please explain the major differences since I am new this whole brand? Also what is up with Silverstreak Alternator? I pre-ordered him ages ago and he still hasn't arrived yet. Has he been released or is he just sold out everywhere? I keep looking for info on him and can't find anything. Thanks.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Joecooler2u
You can get two of each toy for less then the price of one BT.
Only really in the US. It's far less clear-cut for those importing from either the US or Japan.

Basically BT are the Takara versions. Hasbro is expected release most or all of the designs as Alternators over time... in some cases Hasbro will cater for its market more specifically (eg, the US will get a blue Tracks rather than the yellow selected by the manufacturer, on the excuse that yellow doesn't work well on plastic.)

Silverstreak is out here currently, although has been out for quite a long time in the US and Japan (Binaltech and Alternator versions.) You could hop onto eBay and look for UK auctions.
Joecooler2u
Protoform

Post by Joecooler2u »

Originally posted by Denyer
Only really in the US. It's far less clear-cut for those importing from either the US or Japan.

Basically BT are the Takara versions. Hasbro is expected release most or all of the designs as Alternators over time... in some cases Hasbro will cater for its market more specifically (eg, the US will get a blue Tracks rather than the yellow selected by the manufacturer, on the excuse that yellow doesn't work well on plastic.)

Silverstreak is out here currently, although has been out for quite a long time in the US and Japan (Binaltech and Alternator versions.) You could hop onto eBay and look for UK auctions.

Are the BT's die-cast or something that makes it physically different from the cheap Alternator version? I like Takara, but unlike some of the wilder Transformers collectors I have seen online, I am on a strict budget. I'm pretty satisfied with the Alternator line, but I am just wondering if it's worth it to order Swindle, Grimlock & Jazz (Meister whatever you want to call him) BT's or just wait for Alternator versions of them? I don't want to miss out on any of them, but I'd hate to shell out $50 when I could have waited a month or two for the $20 Alternator version. Sorry if I sound stupid. I'm just pretty new to collecting Transformers again.

As far as Tracks goes too bad they don't release him in both colors, but then again that would drive some of us nuts, especially when you order online and aren't sure which color you would be getting. I like blue Tracks, hopefully if they changed him from yellow it will be because they are planning to release Sunstreaker Alternator/BT sometime in the future......We can hope :)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Joecooler2u
Are the BT's die-cast or something that makes it physically different from the cheap Alternator version?
Yes. Lots of die-cast. It has the potential to make 'em a bit top-heavy and for the paint to chip, but I'm assured by many people that the visual differences are worth it and the extra weight feels less cheap.

I'm fine with plastic. They're just toys, after all.
Joecooler2u
Protoform

Post by Joecooler2u »

Originally posted by Denyer
Yes. Lots of die-cast. It has the potential to make 'em a bit top-heavy and for the paint to chip, but I'm assured by many people that the visual differences are worth it and the extra weight feels less cheap.

I'm fine with plastic. They're just toys, after all.

Yeah I think I am going to stick with the Alternators until money situation is better. As you said they are just toys after all. At least now I understand some of the differences between BT and Alternators. I haven't read anything explaining the differences between the two before, so I felt a bit clueless. Thanks for helping me out :)
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Additionally to the diecast/plastic materials thingie, there's a few more differences between Takara's Binaltechs and Hasbro's Alternators:

Smokescreen. The US version is only available in the "#8" driver version, while the Takara version has a "#7" and a "#8" variation with some minor paint differences (different license plates, driver names, numbers on doors and roofs, cute cartoon "pig head" on the mirrors of "#7" version) produced in equal numbers.

Lambor/Side Swipe. The Hasbro version has some blackwash on the upper chest, while the Takara version is flat red in that section.

Streak/Silverstreak. The Japanese version has the steering wheel on the right, the US version has a variation with the steering wheel on the right and one with it on the left (like on Smokescreen).

Tracks: Takara version is yellow, Hasbro version is blue.

More can be found on my page:
http://tabman.bei.t-online.de/binaltech_english.html
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Joecooler2u
Protoform

Post by Joecooler2u »

Originally posted by Nevermore
Additionally to the diecast/plastic materials thingie, there's a few more differences between Takara's Binaltechs and Hasbro's Alternators:

Smokescreen. The US version is only available in the "#8" driver version, while the Takara version has a "#7" and a "#8" variation with some minor paint differences (different license plates, driver names, numbers on doors and roofs, cute cartoon "pig head" on the mirrors of "#7" version) produced in equal numbers.

Lambor/Side Swipe. The Hasbro version has some blackwash on the upper chest, while the Takara version is flat red in that section.

Streak/Silverstreak. The Japanese version has the steering wheel on the right, the US version has a variation with the steering wheel on the right and one with it on the left (like on Smokescreen).

Tracks: Takara version is yellow, Hasbro version is blue.

More can be found on my page:
http://tabman.bei.t-online.de/binaltech_english.html

Ah now I get it. I guess it's the same with 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime. I heard that the Japan version is all red, instead of having the black damage like the US version has. For me something major like Tracks being yellow would be enough to make me want to buy the BT version eventually, minor differences aren't something that inspires me to want to buy the Smokescreen one's but I kinda like how you mentioned the Takara Sideswipe is all red without the black damage. My least favorite Alternator would probably be Smokescreen. His doors come off too easy and even though they go back on easily too it can be very annoying. I found Hound and Sideswipe to be more solid. Thanks for posting your site. I am going to check it out and save it to my favorites. I like reading up on this stuff.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Update: Wal*Mart now also features Swindle. :cool:

Plus Grimlock now also has an alt mode pic.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Joecooler2u
Protoform

Post by Joecooler2u »

Originally posted by Nevermore
Update: Wal*Mart now also features Swindle. :cool:

Plus Grimlock now also has an alt mode pic.

Thank God these are going to be Alternators too. Looks like prices are good at Walmart.com Thanks for posting this info :)