Kill Bill Vol 2

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Strafe

Kill Bill Vol 2

Post by Strafe »

This movie rocked!

10 times better than the first one, and chock full of classic Tarantino dialogue.

Pai Mei rules!
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

I bet you ran home from the theaters just to post this.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Looking forward to it...
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

By the time the credits of the first one were rolling, it had already become my favorite movie. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing the new one until tomorrow. :(

I got Vol. 1 on dvd yesterday. Unfortunately, the only extras are a making-of, all the Tarantino movie trailers, and performances by the 5,6,7,8s, but it was well worth it as I only paid $10 for it (after rebate). Got a life-size poster of The Bride with it free. :smokin:
Sades

Post by Sades »

How is it as a stand-alone? I'm thinking of going to see it tomorrow since if I wait until after I pick up vol.1, I'll have to wait another week before I can see vol.2...
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Going tomorrow at 7pm, since that's when I stupidly agreed to see it with one of my friends.

I didn't buy the DVD, knowing that there wouldn't be any worthwhile extras and a megaset would be on the way later this year. I figured, "hey, I can rent it before I see Volume 2..." That's when I discovered that Blockbuster sucks. Not a single copy of Volume 1 in stock... :( That was my plan for the evening since it seems everyone is either occupied or out of town. Oh well. Tomorrow... I will see it and be satisfied tomorrow.
Blitzwing 2
Protoform

Post by Blitzwing 2 »

Damn that movie was awesome. Agree 100% with Strafe. It revels so much about the first one with so many twists and turns but it's easy to put together without distracting the viewer from the story. I'm going to the first show tomorrow to see it again.
I didn't buy the DVD, knowing that there wouldn't be any worthwhile extras and a megaset would be on the way later this year.

Wish I would have known that before I found out at another message board and bought the first one. Probably still buy it anyway.
"Your brush with greatness is over!"

JAWS vs. Chucky
This could be great: Chucky is a stowaway on some kids' boat and he tries to kill them. They jump overboard and JAWS eats them before Chucky can get 'em. Chucky swears "smile you son of a bitch" and dives into the water for one final showdown
A quote that I stole from someone from somewhere else
Claypool
Protoform

Post by Claypool »

Originally posted by pseudonymous
How is it as a stand-alone? I'm thinking of going to see it tomorrow since if I wait until after I pick up vol.1, I'll have to wait another week before I can see vol.2...

Sadie, of course you have to see Vol. 1

That would be like seeing Empire Strikes Back without seeing A New Hope.

Didn't you use to act like a cat?...

*throws ball of string*
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Originally posted by Claypool
Didn't you use to act like a cat?...

*throws ball of string*

That was Sheba, dork. :)
Claypool
Protoform

Post by Claypool »

Originally posted by BigMaki
That was Sheba, dork. :)

oh well....
Jim

Post by Jim »

You could watch the second one without the first, but I don't recommend it since there is bits from the first one that help with the second one. Honestly, I was expecting a lot more action, and while there is some really good action, it was lacking in that department. The second one pushed all the story, and it was good, but I liked the first one slightly better. What's awesome is seeing bits of the Crazy 88 fight in the first one in color in the second one. I so can't wait to get the unrated edition when it's all in color. :) Then again, I liked the black and white too. This is the only difference between the films. The Japanese DVD release is in full color, however.

I can't wait until the movie gets re-released as one movie. The credits in the second one cover both films, so that was probably the original ending. Plus, the second movie picks up with story, with it going into Chapter six until the final chapter.

Oh yea, you finally get The Bride's real name. =-)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by pseudonymous
How is it as a stand-alone?
Since the first one is essentially a comic-book-style bloodbath (though a very enjoyable one) I'd think it's easy enough to watch.
Blues Clues
Protoform

Post by Blues Clues »

I actually only just watched the first one last night! It was pretty sweet! Especially the animated part about O-Ren. Bit drawn out at some parts, but still pretty kicks ass. Not LotRs standard, but still definately worth a watch. I'll probably see the 2nd in the theatre rather than wait like I did for the first.

**Possible spoiler for Sadie**

Also, what was with the black chick at the start? She missed by miles when standing only 3 or 4 metres away!

Welcome to the TFArchive!
Here you'll be treated with dignity and respect ...
Now strip naked and get on the probulator!
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Originally posted by Blues Clues
**Possible spoiler for Sadie**

Also, what was with the black chick at the start? She missed by miles when standing only 3 or 4 metres away!

A combination of not being used to using guns (her weapon of choice is a knife), having her hand in a cereal box, and the stress of knowing she'd probably be dead soon could affect her aim.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I managed to go out and get vol.1, and I'm glad I did... new favourite movie. Gogo was cool... as was the fight with the Crazy 88. I loved the blood effects. Image

Very psyched for vol.2, now!!
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Just got home after seeing Volume 2. There are no words to describe just how utterly perfect it was. All I can say is that I have loved every second of Kill Bill. I might as well never see another movie, as there will never be one better than this. If it doesn't take Best Picture at the Oscars, there is no justice in this world.

**Not a spoiler, but answers will be**

Did anyone else feel sort of sorry for Budd?
Blitzwing 2
Protoform

Post by Blitzwing 2 »

Originally posted by Alpha Trion

**Not a spoiler, but answers will be**

Did anyone else feel sort of sorry for Budd?

Spoilers below!

A tiny bit with the way Elle tricked him but that's because I was looking foward to the Bride killing him. I loved how they made him look ready to accept his death with his lines in the first but in the second that speech is nothing more than him being a sarcastic ass to Bill.

JAWS vs. Chucky
This could be great: Chucky is a stowaway on some kids' boat and he tries to kill them. They jump overboard and JAWS eats them before Chucky can get 'em. Chucky swears "smile you son of a bitch" and dives into the water for one final showdown
Alpha Trion
Protoform

ph33r tEH spoiloRZzZ!1!!1!121

Post by Alpha Trion »

**SPOILERS**

I felt sorry for him because it seemed like he wanted to lead a normal life, and wanted Bill to think he held some grudge against him, though he obviously still loved his brother. I do think he was sincere when he said "That woman deserves her revenge," it was clear that he wasn't happy with his life, and had most likely accepted his fate.
Blitzwing 2
Protoform

Re: ph33r tEH spoiloRZzZ!1!!1!121

Post by Blitzwing 2 »

Originally posted by Alpha Trion
**SPOILERS**

I felt sorry for him because it seemed like he wanted to lead a normal life, and wanted Bill to think he held some grudge against him, though he obviously still loved his brother. I do think he was sincere when he said "That woman deserves her revenge," it was clear that he wasn't happy with his life, and had most likely accepted his fate.

Hey, more spoilers!

I agree with you on him wanting to live a normal life, loved his brother and when he said the Bride deserved to kill them, but I don't think he was ready to die like he seemed to indicate at the end of the first movie. He wasn't going to let the Bride just walk in and kill him without putting up some kind of a fight which in his mind he thought he could win. That's the reason he's sarcastic towards Bill. Bill thinks that Budd is no match for the Bride when we saw that he was more than capable of handling himself. Once he captured the Bride and got her sword, he saw it as a way to make things better for himself.

JAWS vs. Chucky
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

SPOILERS (AGAIN)

Good points. Perhaps he acknowledged that he deserved to die, but wasn't too keen on getting what he deserved, so he did what he could to kill her, because the sword could make him rich and turn his life around. Also, it seems Bill wasn't too highly concerned with Budd. Bill's a millionaire, and Budd lives in a tiny trailer in the middle of nowhere.