Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Lord_Unicron
Protoform

New TF Statues inspired by dreamwave

Post by Lord_Unicron »

Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

Erm, wouldn't this belong in either the "News" or "Toys/Merchandise" forum (depending on how new they are)?

Thanks for the link, though. I still think they didn't get Arcee's face right, but I like the pose of the Starscream statue.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

I think we need a "General TRANSFORMERS Discussion" board for stuff that doesn't directly concern a particular series...
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

Originally posted by Nevermore
I think we need a "General TRANSFORMERS Discussion" board for stuff that doesn't directly concern a particular series...
Actually, I've been wanting to say that for a long time! We should have a "Transformers General" forum that allows for topics that span more than one continuity. For instance, let's say someone wants to compare the portrayal of the female Autobots in G1 to that of the female characters in BW/BM, or discuss the differences and similarities between G1 Megs and BWII Galvatron - which forum are you supposed to put it in? A "Transformers General" forum would solve that problem.
Claypool
Protoform

Post by Claypool »

2 things

1. *points and laughs at noobs mistake*

2. Dreamwave can lick my balls
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Claypool
2. Dreamwave can lick my balls

... because no-one else wants to? ;)
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Arcee
Actually, I've been wanting to say that for a long time! We should have a "Transformers General" forum that allows for topics that span more than one continuity. For instance, let's say someone wants to compare the portrayal of the female Autobots in G1 to that of the female characters in BW/BM, or discuss the differences and similarities between G1 Megs and BWII Galvatron - which forum are you supposed to put it in? A "Transformers General" forum would solve that problem.

Why? Most posts in any Transformers-related forum can naturally oerlap several mythos. It's served well for, what, four years, so why change it because the odd person can't work out that it's not for General Discussions?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Yeah, having comics / cartoons / toys for the site and then subdivided by generation works for the site, but having, say, just one comics forum would mean mixing all of the DW titles, Panini titles, Marvel titles, etc... there's enough confusion between series just in the G1 forum.

Toys, statues, lunchboxes and other official stuff goes in Toys & Merchandise (or News & Rumours, if it's the first look the general public have had at it.)

Stuff fans have made goes in Creative: Visions of Cybertron.

Cross-gen series stuff (eg, "Optimus Primal vs. Optimus Prime" is best placed in a forum which the question or resource includes and which gets the most traffic, which tends to be the G1 forum.

Is that really that tricky?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yes, yes it is. Every single possible topic must have its own forum; only then can we eliminate the twin evils of discussion and allowing people to find new things out.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Soundwave... bah. Must be the light cause it looks like the much preferred Soundblaster to me except for the lack of red.