Skywarp Vs U.Magnus coming to Woolworths UK | UPDATE: catalogue images

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
tarikq
Protoform

Skywarp Vs U.Magnus coming to Woolworths UK

Post by tarikq »

Just been onto the Woolworths site and the have a listing for Classics Skywarp Vs U.Magnus on their website, comically they use completely the wrong toys but still cant wait for it to come out!

Its Priced at £29.99 which is fair enough (Classics starscream £10 + Optimus prime £20 = £30)

no news on when its released though. Glad i didnt import it for a silly price either!

edit:

New catalogue images --

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=125586
numbat

Post by numbat »

Its Priced at £29.99

:sweatdrop

That's a relief - I got them for around 27GBP online. Always worries me that I could lose huge money ordering exclusives online...

But it's great they're coming out at a good price in the UK - they are an excellent set!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

ah, my Skywarp collection continues to grow! Funnily enough, I was just looking at the costs of getting this set imported.

Glad I'm not as impulsive as I used to be.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Slag! No Woolies in Leicester now. This means that I have to find some reason to take the journey to Loughborough to find this set, which I absolutely need!!! Or could go to Nottingham, I suppose....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
NullVoid
Protoform

Post by NullVoid »

Ooh! I wounder if it will be cheaper now for me if I import from here or from the us? :confused:

I REALLY want the classics line because i've never fully collected a line, it's cheap, and there isn't one toy i don't like!

If any of you know please tell me which would be better.
I know I don't have much, but this is MY transformers collection alone.
Sideways.Cybertron
BumbleBee.DeluxeClassics
Astrotrain.DeluxeClassics
HotRod.DeluxeClassics

BTW: I have had transformers all my life but most of them have been lost as I had the most Transformers ages 4-7.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Originally posted by NullVoid
Ooh! I wounder if it will be cheaper now for me if I import from here or from the us? :confused:

I REALLY want the classics line because i've never fully collected a line, it's cheap, and there isn't one toy i don't like!

If any of you know please tell me which would be better.

Are you gonna collect the whole line? I don't really see the point in the minicons and am not sure why they were included in this line!
tarikq
Protoform

Post by tarikq »

Originally posted by Neuronutter
Are you gonna collect the whole line? I don't really see the point in the minicons and am not sure why they were included in this line!

i agree, the minicons look terrbile, all apart from the one that looks like the movie blackout.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

my local woolies has just started stocking Prime & Megatron. Still no sign of Astrotrain anywhere here though :(
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Out of interest - what's on the special DVD in the OP vs Megs box?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
NullVoid
Protoform

Post by NullVoid »

Isn't it some thing going over Unicron series? That's all there might be more I think it says in the review.

And I don't plan on getting the minicons.
I know I don't have much, but this is MY transformers collection alone.
Sideways.Cybertron
BumbleBee.DeluxeClassics
Astrotrain.DeluxeClassics
HotRod.DeluxeClassics

BTW: I have had transformers all my life but most of them have been lost as I had the most Transformers ages 4-7.
numbat

Post by numbat »

For my two pennies worth, I actually like the Mini-Cons in the Classics line - it's just a pity only Bumblebee & Cliffjumper seem to be able to link with them.

They are hit and miss, I agree - but Mini-Cons seem to be removed from the general laws concerning transformer proportion conventions these days, and need not have great articulation or be terribly sturdy to support huge weight, so you get novel transformations. Some of which work, while others don't. I enjoy the Dinobot team's transformations loads, but they are a bit weird, and I am looking forward to the Dirt Digger team.

But, hey, they are a bit of an odd inclusion in the line - but one I am glad for.

:p

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
tarikq
Protoform

Post by tarikq »

just been into my local woolies and they are now stocking the voyager class Ops and Megs, £20 each. Still no sign of Astrotrain though...:(
tarikq
Protoform

Post by tarikq »

just been into my local woolies and they are now stocking the voyager class Ops and Megs, £20 each. Still no sign of Astrotrain though...:(
tarikq
Protoform

Post by tarikq »

Denyer

Post by Denyer »

New catalogue images --

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=125586

And the two pack will apparently have an introductory price of £15. If I'm around in the summer (slim chance, admittedly) and see this to pick it up, anyone want a cheap Magnus?
Target
Protoform

Post by Target »

Dam!! Just paid a silly price for an import...well the shipping made it a silly price :D no wait mine including shipping was £28.40
Originally posted by Clogs
Slag! No Woolies in Leicester now. This means that I have to find some reason to take the journey to Loughborough to find this set, which I absolutely need!!! Or could go to Nottingham, I suppose....

Or you try the Melton Mowbray Wollies...they won't have it as its a small one, but you could try :D
They did have the Voyager (I think) prime and Megatron for £19.99 each.

EDIT
Dam!! bugger, just checked http://www.woolworths.co.uk/ww_p2/produ ... d=50839161
That will teach me for going for an import!!!
If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target
Protoform

Post by Target »

Originally posted by StoneCold Skywarp
my local woolies has just started stocking Prime & Megatron. Still no sign of Astrotrain anywhere here though :(

Is Astrotrain out in the UK?
Found this http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/ ... oduct.html
£9.99 a good price, but not in stock until 02/06/07!!

Edit
You can also see the trailor there, and get classic Bumblebee for £6.99!!
If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

http://www.play.com/Search.aspx?searcht ... rs+classic

And Bumblebee for seven delivered. Nice find.

Sounds as if that one's packed in a very high ratio...
Target
Protoform

Post by Target »

I think I may have to dust off the old credit card again, don't think I'll find better than £6.99!!
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Originally posted by Target
I think I may have to dust off the old credit card again, don't think I'll find better than £6.99!!

Wow £7 is really good for Bumblebee. Play must be doing well for the TF sales as they've massively expanded their range in the last few months. Hope they continue to do so as it makes getting hold of things easier. And they don't charge postage!