Well, Monday is the beginning of the end....(DBZ fans)

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
MegaConvoy
Protoform

Well, Monday is the beginning of the end....(DBZ fans)

Post by MegaConvoy »

Thats right folks. This coming Monday is the beginning of the final season of Dragonball Z. I for one am definetly ready for the final season to air on Cartoon Network. Now I already have the entire season in Japanese, but I just wanna see how Funi's gonna dub this bad boy. But as DBZ gets ready to come to a close, I just wanna know what your opinions were on the past few seasons that Funi dubbed?

Personally, I think they did a pretty good job. The first 2 seasons were dubbed by what is now known as the "Ocean Group". They did pretty decent, but they edited WAY too much. Took out too many episodes, didnt have ANY blood, and they werent even allowed to say the words "kill" or "die". But hey, when it first came out, you know that none of us paid attention to that. ^_^

Now, I thought season 3 was dubbed alright, especially since they got the new Funi group in. The only thing I didnt like about it was that the new Funi crew was tryin to be too much like the Ocean Group, but that only lasted like the first 10 episodes or so. But atleast they put blood in it and were also allowed to say kill and die.

Season 4 was definetly an awesome season. I LOVED the way they dubbed Junanagou's(Android 17)voice. Cell's voice was done pretty good to me to. The music got MUCH better. The only flaw was the music they played during Gohan's SSJ2 Transformation. I think they should've continued to play that piano theme that they played while Gohan was watching his friends get beat up. But thats alright though because they played that piano theme in the next episode when he fully turned SSJ2 and destroyed them Cell Juniors. But season 4 was definetly a good one.

And finally, we move on season 5 which I personally thought was the best yet. I LOVED the way they dubbed the Majin Vegeta Vs SSJ2 Goku fight. The music they played in it was simply awesome in my view. And from what I hear, they say that they're gonna play that music again during the Vegetto saga of season 6. I definetly cant wait for that. Also, that tournament was done pretty good to. Especially the fight between Goten and Trunks. Funi did a damn good job on that. So so far, season 5 would have to be the best of em all....

But now, its almost time for season 6. The final season of DBZ is finally about to be aired here in America. I personally feel that it'll beat all of the seasons, especially since its the last season. I already seen this season in Japanese, but I just hope Funi makes this to be as good as it was in Japanese. So far, I already know that they're not hypin this enough(cartoon network isnt anyway). But hey, usually what they dont hype enough turns out to be damn good and stuff that they hype too much turns out to be garbage(we noticed that with He-Man and Transformers Armada unfortunately).

But anyway, are you ready for the final season of DBZ? How do you think it will turn out? Give your views.

"It's just such ignorance which forever relegates you to the ranks of underlings Starscream!"
-G1 Megatron
Wildfire Herald

All I can say is...

Post by Wildfire Herald »

Finally, I am so damn sick of that show!
R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

"That's Claypool for ya; he's against a harmless drug, but for date-rape..."
"Just say "NO!" to Gonadial Irradiation." - Snake

"I would ride that pony in the most illegal and obscene way possible. " - Spengs

My want list
I need ROTS Clone Troopers
Transfan
Protoform

Post by Transfan »

For the most part I usually don't watch DBZ on tv since it's edited somewhat.I usually just wait till it's released on dual language DVD.So I own all the DVDs funmation has released of the Buu storyline to date(except for 4).And I like this season,Trunks and Goten make me laugh.

And I think that this season was Vegeta's moment,the moment where he follows Goku's example and sacrafices himself for those that he cares about(His wife and son & even Goku).This is when he truly becomes one of the Z fighters*while still retaining his bad ass attitude of course*

I also find it somewhat ironic that Mr.Satan for a while actually did stop Buu from his killing rampage by becoming his friend.This friendship was the only thing that

a)Saved his life,when Evil Buu was released
b)Saved the life of his daughter Videl*For a time*

Guess after Funmation has released all the Buu episode on DVD I'll probably be waiting for Dragon Ball GT to be released
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Does anybody have all the Japanese episodes subbed of Dragonball, and Dragonball Z? As well as a fast connection, and if anyone does, would you be willing to let me dl them off you? :p

I need to complete my collection of anime, and DBZ is on the list.
TFArchive
Custom Title: King Lurker

Post by TFArchive »

I'm not a fan of DBZ but I feel sorry for the Canadian people that watch it on YTV as their license for DBZ will be expiring about 5 episodes from the end of the series.
--
Brendan Reilly
The Transformers Archive
http://tfarchive.com/
LigerZero
Protoform

Post by LigerZero »

I'll be missing DBZ when its over. I've been watching it from the beginning and its grown to be one of my favorite shows.

I really loved the fight against Cell in the Perfect Cell saga. Though it would have been cool if they had kept the Japanese musice from when Gohan goes SS2(Its pronounced and spelled Super Sayan 2 in the US, it definitly rolls off the tongue better than Sayajin), you could tell they that they were singing the words "You will pay" over and over in the chorus. I thought that sounded really cool.

For one thing I didn't think He-Man or Armada were bad. In fact I think the new He-Man was better than the old one. And I definitly think Armada was better than RiD, but not as good as BW/BM.
THE WIND, THE CLOUD, AND THE ADVENTURE....

Check out my EBay Auction The Constructicons set of Knock Offs.
Transfan
Protoform

The Dragon Ball series isn't done yet

Post by Transfan »

I can almost guarantee that Funimation will be releasing Dragon Ball GT on VHS and DVD,and DBGT will probably be on tv sometime in the next year or two as well.The Dragon Ball franchise is a huge cash cow right now in the anime industry.

Also the Dragon Ball Z episodes that were originally released on VHS & DVD by Pioneer(edited only),will be re-released by Funimation uncut on VHS & DVD sometime next year.And from what I read Funimation will use the same voice actors that they use right now.
MegaConvoy
Protoform

Re: The Dragon Ball series isn't done yet

Post by MegaConvoy »

Originally posted by Transfan
I can almost guarantee that Funimation will be releasing Dragon Ball GT on VHS and DVD,and DBGT will probably be on tv sometime in the next year or two as well.The Dragon Ball franchise is a huge cash cow right now in the anime industry.

Also the Dragon Ball Z episodes that were originally released on VHS & DVD by Pioneer(edited only),will be re-released by Funimation uncut on VHS & DVD sometime next year.And from what I read Funimation will use the same voice actors that they use right now.

Yeah, I just read about them redubbin season 1 and 2 today to. FINALLY, we get to see the TRUE brutality in Goku and Vegeta's first battle.

Plus we get to see when Vegeta chops Guildo's head off. ^_^

And yeah, DBGT is supposed to be comin out on CN in either 2003 or 2004 so they say. But GT was only 64 episodes, so you know it'll either be 1 or 2 seasons here.

"It's just such ignorance which forever relegates you to the ranks of underlings Starscream!"
-G1 Megatron
Transfan
Protoform

Plus we get to see

Post by Transfan »

Originally posted by MegaConvoy

Plus we get to see when Vegeta chops Guildo's head off. ^_^

And we get to see Recoome breaking Gohan's neck with a kick, Dodoria snapping the Namek Elder's neck & the fight between Vegeta and Zarbon
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Argh, doesnt anyone have these eps?!
MegaConvoy
Protoform

Post by MegaConvoy »

Oh, and cant forget when Dodoria puts his hand right through one of those Namek's chest. That was a ruthless scene to.

And no, I dont have the eps on my comp. I try not to download eps or movies on my comp anymore because of what happened to me last time I did.

-G1 Megatron
axio
Protoform

Re: All I can say is...

Post by axio »

Originally posted by Wildfire Herald

no ****, seems that every one of them is basically: "We have to wait for Goku!"

*everyone falls down on the ground near dead*

*bad guy talks for 6-9 episodes*

*everyone does that stupid Blair Witch Project "i'm so scared" face*

*goku shows up just in time*

Vegeta: I hate you, I could have done this myself
Goku: you bad guys are bad

*goku shows some special move*

*vegeta charges up attacks the bad guy, some mountains blow up*

*goku either gets really wounded/wins*

IF wounded

*goku lies on ground w/everyone else*

*gohan kicks ass w/o realizing his power*

I dunno why people like it, I never got it personally.
ProckoZero
Protoform

Post by ProckoZero »

Maybe it's just because I've already d'led the enitre Majin Buu saga and know what happens, but I'm totally psyched to hear that there is a good chance of DBGT getting the full Toonami treatment. I like how it is a good mix of Dragonball and DBZ, and the end of the series is just ridiculously cool...Super 17, the evil dragons...wow. Can't wait!

"Someone may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

I won't miss Dragon Ball Z, but I will miss Dragonball when that stops airing. What a hillarious show- Akira Toriyama's comic talents were wasted by all that needless talk of power levels and fighting in DBZ.
-------
Sig courtesy of the Sig Master, Skywarp!
-------
Former AWF Tag Team Champion
Co-Hardcore Champion (x 2)
Member of Pulp Faction!
-------
TF Archive RPG Co-Player of the Year
-------
Nissan_X_004
Protoform

-_-

Post by Nissan_X_004 »

I used to like DBZ... but that ****ing series has been repeated 6 times! Yeah, the complete seasons... 6 times!

OK, one time is good, two times are better.. but three? or six?? and little kids don't get sick of it? The DragonBal Z-mania in Mexico it's too much for my little damaged brain.

I think some fans of other countries haven't seen all the DBZ episodes...

I like DB, it's funny, and I have some episodes, it was good all time.. which was different with DBZ... wich in the very last season went all the way down with it's Saiya-jin fusions... and Mr. Satan bugging 'round... well it was not the same feeling.
Will you ever imagine from where you are, being a Mexican crossing the border? Thinking about your family while you pass, leaving everything you know behind.
Will you continue saying "good for nothing, beaners" if you ever had to begin from zero? -- From Molotov's song "Frijolero"
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

I did some checking and when these 39 episodes run out, we'll have 14 episodes left unseen. That's 2-3 eps into the Kid Buu saga, which is a good stopping point for the same reason as Final Attonement was.

Appearantly the final 14 eps will be shown in the spring when they'd normally be repeating the season ad nauseum.
Jim

Re: All I can say is...

Post by Jim »

Originally posted by Wildfire Herald

Dragonball GT is next up...plus we still have the original DragonBall... :(
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

:( :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad:

Luckily for me, i dont get CN.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Drag-on ball ZZZZZZ. Although I have to admit that some of the movies are actually OK, so there *has* to be a half-way decent show in there somewhere. But unfortunatly, most of the time it follows the formula of - good guys meet bad guy. Next episode, good guys and bad guy stare at eachother. Next episode, good guys and bad guy trade insults. Next seven episodes, more insults and staring. Next episode, good guys get snot beat out of them. Next episode, Goku shows up. Several more episodes of Goku and bad guy staring at eachother, while secondary good guy characters stare at them both from a safe distance. Repeat.
Divebomb
Protoform

Post by Divebomb »

Thats to bad. The show was pretty good.