Transformers for Free Comic Book Day will feature HoS and Stormbringer previews

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

TFs for Free Comic Book Day will feature HoS and Stormbringer previews

Post by Denyer »

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthr ... adid=65405

Image Image

So we know Jetfire's in Stormbringer, anyway.

As far as I know this is material that will be in the series, and those of us unlikely to get our paws on either shouldn't worry too much...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

So are bits of Infiltration/The Gathering being included as well or is this totally random cover reuse syndrome?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

AFAIK they're intros to the series being published at the moment -- probably most or all of the first issue of each.
Ford DeceptiFocus
Protoform

Post by Ford DeceptiFocus »

How does Free Comic Day work? Do you get one free comic of each series? Just one overall--so choose carefully? I'm still rather new to comics, so I'm curious. If anyone has any info, I'd appreciate it.
Till All Are Drunk with the Matrix!
Cliffjumper

Re: TFs for Free Comic Book Day will feature HoS and Stormbringer previews

Post by Cliffjumper »

You get to take as many as you like because most comic shops get totally bombarded by them, and they're worthless. The place I had a mail order with send me 23 copies of FCBD Ultimate Spider-Man #1 a couple of years back. You just turn up in a comic shop and take them. AFAIK, they're not even allowed to insist you buy something as well, though it's obviously considerably more mannered to do so.
Originally posted by Denyer

So we know Jetfire's in Stormbringer, anyway.

Why? Because he's on the cover? My Infiltration covers want a word with you ;)
Fireflight
Protoform

Re: Re: TFs for Free Comic Book Day will feature HoS and Stormbringer previews

Post by Fireflight »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
You get to take as many as you like because most comic shops get totally bombarded by them, and they're worthless. The place I had a mail order with send me 23 copies of FCBD Ultimate Spider-Man #1 a couple of years back.

It depends on which shop you go to (some don't participate, some only allow you to take a certain number, some charge if you want more) as stores do have to pay a small amount for each copy and possibly shipping costs too.
Ford DeceptiFocus
Protoform

Re: Re: TFs for Free Comic Book Day will feature HoS and Stormbringer previews

Post by Ford DeceptiFocus »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
You get to take as many as you like because most comic shops get totally bombarded by them, and they're worthless. The place I had a mail order with send me 23 copies of FCBD Ultimate Spider-Man #1 a couple of years back. You just turn up in a comic shop and take them. AFAIK, they're not even allowed to insist you buy something as well, though it's obviously considerably more mannered to do so.

Originally posted by FireFlight
It depends on which shop you go to (some don't participate, some only allow you to take a certain number, some charge if you want more) as stores do have to pay a small amount for each copy and possibly shipping costs too.

Thank you for the tips. I appreciate it. So is IDW the only comic maker giving out free comics? What about Marvel? Etc.?
Till All Are Drunk with the Matrix!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Nah, most of them usually do... Usually a book per company - sometimes unique material, sometimes just reprints or a preview - Marvel have done Ultimate Spidey #1 and Ultimate X-Men #1 over the last few years, for instance.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Clarification found by DarkAngelPrime of TFW2005 over at Newsarama:
IDW'S TRANSFORMERS FCBD ISSUE
IDW has provided Newsarama with a look at the previously unreleased covers for its Free Comic Book Day offering, a flip book which contains stories from both Transformers: Infiltration and Transformers: Beats Wars – The Gathering. The publisher has also confirmed that there will be more than just those two stories in the issue.

The original solicitation for the FCBD issue reads:

This special Free Comic Book Day issue celebrates the return of the Transformers! Fans can get a look at the Transformers revival, "Infiltration," courtesy of writer Simon Furman and artist E.J. Su. Then, on the flip-side, experience Transformers: Beast Wars—"The Gathering," also written by Furman and featuring the art of Don Figueroa. This special flip-book comes adorned with two covers by artist Don Figueroa, both of which pay homage to classic comic book covers. Two exciting stories, for the price of none!

Additionally, the issue will now also include five preview pages from Stormbringer, the event by Simon Furman and Don Figueroa which sees the robots return to Cybertron in July, as well as preview pages from “Hearts of Steel,” the first storyline from Transformers Evolutions by Chuck Dixon and Guido Guidi which is due in June.
http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthr ... adid=65405
Koolbeans X-treme
Protoform

Post by Koolbeans X-treme »

so..........when is free comic book day?
Darth Shrapnel
Protoform

Post by Darth Shrapnel »

Originally posted by Koolbeans X-treme
so..........when is free comic book day?

Date`s on the covers. (slow connection, can`t open the link right now.)
"Im drowning in footwear!"
Halfshell

Re: Re: Re: TFs for Free Comic Book Day will feature HoS and Stormbringer previews

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Fireflight

I wound up in Forbidden Planet in Southampton a few years back on FC Day. Their approach was "If you buy something, you're allowed to pick up one of these pre-bagged mystery comics for free. You're only allowed one and you can't look inside to check what it is."

:(
Cliffjumper

Re: Re: Re: Re: TFs for Free Comic Book Day will feature HoS and Stormbringer preview

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Brendocon
I wound up in Forbidden Planet in Southampton a few years back on FC Day. Their approach was "If you buy something, you're allowed to pick up one of these pre-bagged mystery comics for free. You're only allowed one and you can't look inside to check what it is."

:(

I thought we were talking about comic shops ;)

FP So'tona are c*nts. Nobody there actually seems to know anything about any of the stuff they sell, which is odd as comic shops generally tend to attract geeks who know everything about comics, and are delighted to be paid for forcing their opinions on unsuspecting customers.

I mean, I'd do that :)