Alex Milne interview by Synapse

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

Alex Milne interview by Synapse

Post by Denyer »

Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

It's nice to see Alex talking so candidly about Pat Lee and the way he treats people who are supposedly his friends. It's a shame that Alex was in the position that made him rely on Lee for work again. God that man is such a sh*t!

You'd think that the industry as a whole would learn that Lee is not trustworthy and that he'd find a severe lack of work; work that would hopefully go to someone who deserves it and would actually do the work themselves or give credit to the person who did.

It's astonishing Lee has the balls to screw over more people and claim that it's just mistakes. Hopefully he'll find himself in the position with no one left who trusts him. We can hope!
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

Did I understand this right:
But before I came to that decision I found out that he had told TopCow that he'd been doing all the work himself, and he also wanted me to take a pay cut for the background work he wanted me to do for Superman/Batman.
Pat Lee took Milne's work and sold it as his own, even asking him to get less pay?

How can that actually happen? Why didn't he sue him, he seems to be able to prove it.

Also, rather needless to say, my opinion of Pat Lee is even lower now.
In a perfect world, this would be a signature. As it stands, it's just the lack of.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

In a UK court, where the winner would be likely to get costs, that might be practical -- from what I've observed of the US legal system, it's perfectly possible to be entirely in the right and have a clear win, but be bankrupted by the process.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Originally posted by Denyer
In a UK court, where the winner would be likely to get costs, that might be practical -- from what I've observed of the US legal system, it's perfectly possible to be entirely in the right and have a clear win, but be bankrupted by the process.

Great system, huh? Help the rich only.
SenahBirdR
Protoform

Post by SenahBirdR »

In the US it is generally not worth suing less than very wealthy individuals or companies because of the cost to run a successful suit. Then beyond that it is more likely for one side to cave because of bankruptcy or the looming threat of it without litigation ever finishing. Generally speaking its more profitable/cheaper for both sides to settle out of court. Suing is more useful for harm/vengeance than it is for gathering what is your due. If you want a good example of how disgusting it gets over here look at www.nissan.com.