Japan toys - Masterpiece and Encore

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Clay

Japan toys - Masterpiece and Encore

Post by Clay »

I'm thinking a catch-all thread for specifically Takara stuff is in good order... as I can't find one.

New this year: Masterpiece Sunstorm and Encore Sixshot.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ot-174408/

Might have been interested in Sunstorm back in 2009 as it would have been the yearly followup behind Thundercracker, but nowadays I can't muster as much enthusiasm. Will depend on it being yellow or orange, I suppose.

As for Sixshot, I still have my original that I got in 1988. I feel old.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

It's nice they're going for the Starscream repaint they didn't do with the previous Seeker Masterpiece version, even if I think it's fair to say not many care about poor old Sunstorm.

Sixshot is supposed to be a bit cack isn't he?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I used to own the previous Sixshot reissue. He was alright. Easy to switch between modes, not particularly challenging and a good size. As one of the toys that never got a UK release, I snapped him up on initial re-release, and whilst not as disappointing as I found the Predacons to be, there is a bit of a feeling of 'is that it?'

Basically, he's more of the same simplistic, brightly coloured blocky stuff that came to characterise the post '85 Transformers line.

Fun to play with though!
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Sunstorm is rumoured to be Asia exclusive, much like Alternity Dai Atlas and Gold Bug.

Will probably get him, assuming I like the new changes on the mould from the Starscream I get when he's released.

Great thing about ignoring TF:Prime mainline...lots of "freed up" money!
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I've been looking for an affordable Sixshot for years. As long as he's not too overpriced, this could be the one!

Sunstorm? Meh.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

I got a G1 Sixshot last year... I like it, even though every mode is not a winner. Problem is that mine has a sticking hip joint that makes transformation a real pain in the ass. I do wish it was scaled down a bit though. He's too damned tall.

Masterpiece Sunstorm? Really? Geesh. I can't imagine anyone plunking down for it, although my saying that will probably elicit the world's only Sunstorm maniac replying "I LOVE SUNSTORM HE IZ MY LIFEZ INZPIRATION" or something. :)
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

The Reverend wrote:although my saying that will probably elicit the world's only Sunstorm maniac replying "I LOVE SUNSTORM HE IZ MY LIFEZ INZPIRATION" or something. :)
:wave:
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

greeeeat, and you're even in the same state with me. lol.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

The Reverend wrote:greeeeat, and you're even in the same state with me. lol.
Sounds like a meet up is definitely on then! :swirly:
Wreck and Rule!
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

'Course, even as much as I love Sunstorm, there's no way I'd pay Masterpiece prices for him. The customer base for this product is PRETTY SMALL.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

tahukanuva wrote:'Course, even as much as I love Sunstorm, there's no way I'd pay Masterpiece prices for him. The customer base for this product is PRETTY SMALL.
I'm actually surprised that they're doing an MP of Sunstorm and yet NOT doing a United Sunstorm instead. You would think that the smaller fan-centric 'filler' line would make more sense than an extremely expensive 'collector's only' line that really was only successful with Prime...
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Supposedly, MP-12 is going to be revealed at the asian convention [Cybertroncon or something]. Many hints towards...masterpiece Lambor [Sideswipe].

...Eh? My favourite S1 bot, but...eh?

---

Cybertron Con reveals continued here:
http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?t=50853
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.