Your Year In Review

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Your Year In Review

Post by CounterPunch »

Happy New Year!! Atleast to some of you guys.

So 2008 has drawn to a close, this thread here is a place you can write anything you want about 2008. Did you have a good year? Bad year? What was your highlight, biggest disappointment etc?

Anything goes...
Ice Shard
Protoform

Post by Ice Shard »

I had a pretty fine year, yea come to think of it I had loads of fun with a few hiccups about exams:( but otherwise a rather sound year , found an old friend and cousin, got a new laptop and ds, ahh the year has been good.:clap: Since it was Liverpools 2008 capital of culture they've polished the town centre and it does looks great.

:lol: the greatest fun I had was on a bouncy castle those things never get old... besides you can sit and crush people you dislike by 'accident'..

The worst part was when both my little hamsters died :( blessies to both of them
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

My grandfather died, that's pretty sucky...
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Sorry to hear, man.

I think that all in all I had a fantastic year. I love my life, and it's only going to get better once I go to school [and this time, I am going... I is getting too old to **** around with it] and make some headway towards the plans that are in the works in my head. :up:

We plan on opening a hobby store at some point, and right now we're slowly moving towards that.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Good:
-2 high school friends and a cousin of mine got married. Got to go to Toronto for the cousin's wedding.
-Another cousin had her first baby.
-Started a new job in July at a smilar position to what I was doing before, but for more money.
-Saw Radiohead in concert in August.
-Went to Trevor Linden's jersey # retirement.

Bad:
-Uncle passed away.
-One of my good friend's Dad passed away.
-Got my driver's license suspended for 6 months for too many speeding tickets.
-One of my best friend's brother was in a motorcycle accident and lost vision in both eyes. Same friend got into a car accident a month later and was in the hospital for a month.

2008 had it's ups and downs like most years.
Gareth Infinity

Post by Gareth Infinity »

My grandfather passed away and after ridiculous bickering over the will, my Aunt, Uncle, and cousins don't speak to us anymore.

The Golden Terror lurks around every corner, and I hardly slept the whole Summer to avoid the nightmares about her. The hierarchs are on my back again, just like old times. With the enemy drawing closer everyday, I fear the idea of leaving the house.

I've found myself, at times, more depressed than ever before. I'm more addicted than ever before. I was even stupid enough to talk about that stuff on here. I'm sorry.

On the positive side...huh.

I've been encouraged by numerous teachers to get some of my writing published, and I just might. Got "Vatterott" put in the school paper.

I've expanded my tastes in toy collecting. Got a good batch of gokin and started into vinyl. Cool stuff, but this is also a negative, because it sucks away all my money lightning-fast.

I didn't like 2008 very much. I foresee 2009 as a mixed bag. I'll be leaving school, leaving all of this nonsense behind me. But I don't think it works like that. I have a feeling I'll be haunted forever.
Vatterott forbid I learn a thing.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Well, I finally got moved out of my evil mother in law's house and got us a place of our own this year, that was good. I got my ass farther than ever before in debt doing so though, that is not too good. My kids are both doing really well, so that is a good thing for this year. I've developed migraine headaches, and have 3 teeth that have had fillings break and/or fall out, that is not too good. I got a new position at work that I really love, one that allows me to listen to my new iPod all the time, that is good.

I guess it has been a mixed bag, there really have been a lot of other bad shit to happen, and still are happening, but for the sake of not being a whiney emo I will just omit the details.

I hope next year will be better, and if we get our tax returns like I hope to, we should be able to get the debt issues cleaned up, so that is a shining ray of hope I guess.

This particular night, being the last of the year, sucks immensely though. My wife is at work till 7AM, my kids are at their grandparent's. I am alone with only my good friend Jack Daniels, who has never failed me. I just got a call from my father telling me my uncle has cancer. Way to end the year.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Good
- Had a birthday, another one looks likley this year and I'll be 18 so yay!
- Found my girlfriend, shes not exactly a Transformers fan but I'm working on it.
- Found my Megadrive and my game boy.
- Got a medal for skiing
- My dad started university and I'm really proud of him for doing so.

Bad
- A friend of mine moved to Lincoln (But for him its good cos hes starting an animation company)
- My great grandmother passed away
- My grandmother died quite suddenly in june and I'm still not over it.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Energon Hot Shot

Post by Energon Hot Shot »

Good:
-My dad got his bonus. This made it possible to:
----Go to Botcon.
----Spend $$$$ on eBay buying TFs.
-I developed an interest in Gundam kits.
-My mom and sister moved away(happened late 2007, but this was our first year without them)
-My dad got a new dog.
-Got a new computer.

Bad:
-The hot water pipe underneath our house sprung a leak(Still not fixed).
-Our boston terrier died.
-Several problems at my dad's job:
----Tips have been bad.
----Boss became a jerk.
----Boss re-hired an ex-con.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

You're all such a bunch of moaning bastards, it's like a ****ing emo convention in here.

- I lived another year, getting better all the time.
- I learnt more new things that most people are ever likely to forget.
- I bought loads of really awesome robots.
- I watched loads of cartoons about really awesome robots.
- I filled my site with stuff about really awesome robots.

Seriously, you all survived 2008, which is a better showing than lots of people. The rest is all gravy, enjoy your present and plan for the future instead of dwelling on the past.
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

Meh...not exactly one of my best years

1. Two friends moved away
2. Friend's dad commited suicide, he's a bit messed up right now, poor guy...
3. Everything on my computer was erased
4. Dog ran away
5. I was diagnosed with ADD, and want to put me on pills...
6. My car's battery died recently
7. Somone stole my Ipod at school
8. Mom's sister died, cancer

Plus sides? Well, my writing in Creative Writing is going excellent, and my teacher thinks I should get it published at one point. I also got a new Ipod, and that is about it. Pretty rotten year for me, hoping for better, which is all I can really do.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Cliffjumper wrote:The rest is all gravy, enjoy your present and plan for the future instead of dwelling on the past.
Alright. Who are you, and what have you done with our Cliffjumper? ;)

Great year for me.

Got a new job
Got an XBox360
Got a new TV
Two of my mates got married, and I was an usher in both weddings.
I'm healthy, well, loving where I live, and have great friends.

:up:

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I work for one of the few places that's pretty much certain to still be there at the end of 2009. So whilst the world hasn't been perfect this year I should at leasst be cheerful that I won't be adding to the washes of the great unemployed unless I chose to get the hell out of there.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

May I???? Even if not I will... 2008 was pretty good for me. I was going to school(Maths. Is. Boring) I did have to witness how the one I fell in love with the year before got a new boyfriend, and just before holidays she broke up with him again because he had someone else.(Yep just like the USA. Shit happens even in Holland) So I am really confused. And the finiancial crisis in Holland has begun a bit to so you can't escape it, its everywere(papers, news ed.) which is going to bore me slowly. And for tf's: Animated has finally shown up in Holland and those things are childish as well lets say, Sesamstreet. And then I only talk about the toys, the series are pretty fun to watch. But despite the fact that I've managed to write a lot here, my year was in fact just plain boring.

Si te plais.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Thought it was about time I added to the thing.

All in all my year was a pretty dour one.

At the end of 2007 my father died, so for the first few months I was suffering severe reprecussions of that happening, and found myself unable to gain comfort from anyone. Just as I was recovering from that my grandfather died and just sent me straight back to hell again.

I found myself growing away from almost all of my friends, unable to handle the fact I had (if only temporarily) changed due to the things I'd been through, they slowly stopped hanging out with me, then flat out jus stopped talking to me. I also completely stop drinking, started worrying what it would do to me in the state I was in.

Its not all bad tho, during the summer I went on a week long holiday with my closest friends, which allowed me to escape things. I started University and am loving it, I've read SO MANY good comics its untrue, I'm currently on the longest creative streak of my life, constantly drawing etc, oh and I've lost a whole shed load of weight.

Everything thats happened to me has only made me stronger and more determined to enjoy life, its made me appreciate the fact that I have a good home, a good family, financial security etc

2009 is gonna be an amazing year.... I'm gonna make sure of it

Sorry to hear bout the crap year you other guys have had, heres hoping next year will be good for all of us!
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I got Universe Cheetor in the mail today, so I was thinking "Oh great start to the new year!". Then I opened it and began fiddling around with him. Not so great, I guess I should read reviews more often, this bugger has hardly no articulation in his stumpy little arms. :lol:
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Okay, so here's mine

Positive
Became the first male waiter in over 10 years at the place I work
Finished college with two scholarships worth of cash for my grades
Found my two girls [my cats]
Got furniture for my room and personalized it a bit
Saw Whitesnake and Def Leppard live
Saw Iron Maiden, drunk and ate at their concert, all for free

Negative
Developed an anger management problem
Had to give away my male cat

That's it, more or less
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Okay, my bit for the angstfest:

My favourite (and last) uncle died
Was told by my boss that my job did not contribute towards targets, so I wouldn't be getting a bonus for my year's work despite all those A boxes
The home pc died - twice - and I lost everything on it
Put up with a lot of grief from my husband
Out of money and this is liable to continue for years to come thanks to Mr Gordon Brown
:(

And the posi-side:

New boss who told me can't understand why I received a put-down for last year as I am the only fully competent Finance Manager in the District AND I am multi-skilled for both Frontline and Benefits work
I have a guaranteed job
Home pc resurrected, saving oodles of cash, and luckily I regularly backed-up all my important files to memory stick
There are still upcoming opportunities to do something about my husband. Mulching is a possibility...
:)

I expect 2009 will be the usual mixed bag. 'slife - at least we're still living it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
the_escaflowne_2k
Protoform

Post by the_escaflowne_2k »

Lets see:

*3 pay rises and increased job security.
*Got tickets to see Depeche Mode.
*Gone another year without either needing fillings or breaking a bone.
*Found some more signed first editions.
*Managed to avoid any sort of issues with the fairer sex.
*And i can still fit in the same clothes as 2007

So all in all not that bad, i won't complain if 2009 is the same.
"all i can say is that my life is pretty plain, you don't like my point of view you think that i'm insane"