Combiners

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Fastlane
Protoform

Combiners

Post by Fastlane »

The combining groups of Transformers have always been one of my favourite parts of the whole thing but I was thinking that this was an area where the Decepticons had a deffinate advantage.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the 'Cons have -

Bruticus - the Combaticons
Devastator - the Constructicons
Predaking - the Predacons
Abominus - the Terracons
Menasor - the Stunticons

compared with -

Computron - the Technobots
Superion - the Aerialbots
Defensor - the Protectobots

Am I missing some on the 'Bots side or what? Alright granted the 'Bots have Omega Supreme but surely in battles between all these lot above the 'Cons would kick ass!

Just a thought...

Kyle aka Fastlane
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Not really. Devastator is rubbish, and the Bots had a massive numerical advantage, the aforementioned by oft left out by writers Omega, a city who won fights from time to time, and Autobots capable of easily taking down gestalts [viz the Ultimate Weapon, Heavy Metal War, Carnage in C-Minor, the Madter Builders...].
E Nice
Protoform

Post by E Nice »

Exactly how big is Broadside compared to gestalts? And how large does Jetfire get in robot mode?
GeneralObsidian
Protoform

Post by GeneralObsidian »

Originally posted by E Nice
Exactly how big is Broadside compared to gestalts? And how large does Jetfire get in robot mode?
That all depends on which continuity you want to use. In the cartoon his was huge. Wasn't he in the UK issues? I'll have to look back, but if he was, I think he was "regular" size as say Springer and Broadside.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Broadside:
Cartoon: Gestalt size, which did actually stay constant; shame the animators couldn't work out what he looked like.
Comic: Average

Jetfire:
Cartoon: Didn't appear. Though a big blundering pillock named Skyfire did; he looked to be about gestalt size, maybe a little shorter, though I don't think we get a good comparison shot.
Comic: Larger than average, but not massive.
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

I know the cartoon ain't ever very accurate with size, but cartoon Skyfire's hardly the size of a gestalt. He's probably just about the relative size he is in the comic; see his man handling of Megatron in "Fire in the Sky" or the long shot of him standing with Trailbreaker and Wheeljack in "The Ultimate Doom" for evidence of this.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Hmm, I was probably getting confused by all those 8ft Minibots charging around... In my defence, I've only seen any episode featuring Skyfire once, a while ago - they didn't really give me the desire to go through it again...
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Regarding Skyfire, he only seems to be a few inches taller than Prime in "A Plague of Insecticons" in the group shot, but that may just be an animation glitch.
-------
Sig courtesy of the Sig Master, Skywarp!
-------
Former AWF Tag Team Champion
Co-Hardcore Champion (x 2)
Member of Pulp Faction!
-------
TF Archive RPG Co-Player of the Year
-------