Oi! Philadelphinhamonians...or whatever. Do we get a report then?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
LordSixshot
Protoform

Oi! Philadelphinhamonians...or whatever. Do we get a report then?

Post by LordSixshot »

You can't have a little meet up and not tell the rest of the world what went on. Did anyone fall down the stairs? Was it as cool as the UK meeting? Obvisouly not... but at least try and make it sound cool.
They did play him. Not much happened.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

I dont think it happened....
Jim

Post by Jim »

Originally posted by Plasmodium
I dont think it happened....
It did happen, I was there. :)
NISMOJOE

Post by NISMOJOE »

=-o

eidt: silly jim :-D http://www.fulginiti.com/joey/temp/338-3821_IMG.jpg

you shoudl come next time LSS :-D
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Ack! Joe and Flec!

The report's in production as we speak...
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

What the...
Originally posted by LordSixshot
You can't have a little meet up and not tell the rest of the world what went on.
Someone set up us the bomb...
Flec's selling a lot of RID, Armada, and Energon, and a few G1 toys. 'S all I'm sayin'.
The TFArchive RPG - "the most popular part of the site[!]" - Skywarp. Darn tootin'.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Originally posted by Reflector
Someone set up us the bomb...
We get signal
NISMOJOE

Post by NISMOJOE »

this is my daily random image post

Starscreamsghost

Here's your damn report...

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Philly Archivers Meeting 2

Yeah, technically this is the third time around, but since the second one consisted of little more than Uni, Viewfind and myself getting muscled around by large black women and falling asleep during “Ali”, I’d say that doesn’t count.

30th Street Station was the place once again, and once again The Ghost was 10 minutes late to the occasion. Traffic, I say! Traffic! Irregardless, we gathered ourselves and headed outside, where Flec declared that he was the only Archiver worthy of riding in my car (Litespeed) and definitely the only one worthy of shotgun. Moments later, he agreed that he should hand over his admin responsibilities to me. He did! Seriously!

Uni, Flec and his girlfriend went in my car, JOE rode alone, and Viewfind foolishly ventured into the death trap known as Jim’s Chrysler. After finding Jim’s car and circling around the station a few times, we realized we had already lost Joe...and decided to just proceed on to the movie theatre, hoping and praying that Joe would be there when we arrived. It took Flec no less than 15 minutes to have the epiphane that we had told Joe we were going to the toy store on South Street instead of the movie theatre, so when we got to the theatre I ordered Jim to backtrack to the store and fetch the NISMO man. Of course, Jim hadn’t been gone 5 seconds when Joe miraculously appeared out of left field, which meant I had to send Joe on a bitch-run of his own to track down Jim. I’m surrounded by idiots.

With time to kill before the 3:20 showing of Star Wars, Uni and I rocked the video arcade across the way for a bit and Uni displayed his uncanny sloppiness behind the wheel of an animated taxi, then I joined Flec’s girlfriend on an afternoon constitutional to get cigarettes. We talked of the days of yore and of the debauchery of men, and by the time we returned the rest of the riffraff had arrived, Joe had used up all the video game points on the card I had bought, and it was time for Star Wars. No, wait, not quite yet. With a desperate fire in his eyes, Joe insisted that we make a run to Wal-Mart to check out the RiD toys, and Uni, Flec, Flec’s GF and myself joined him while Viewfind and Jim sat in the nearby pizza place and downed an entire pizza between the two of them. Pigs.

Wal-Mart was as jumping as ever...so busy that the only space we could find was blocked by an upended shopping cart. I opened the door to go slide it outta the way, but Joe would have none of it, dispelling any wonderment that he had totaled his Nissan Z as he propelled his Grand Am forward, shoving the shopping cart forward until his cool teal beauty had fit into the space. Well, whatever. Joe pointed out the stupidity of sidewalk sales and we went inside, where I’m always convinced that the good people of Philly have NOWHERE ELSE IN THE ENTIRE CITY TO SHOP OTHER THAN WAL-MART. Trust me, you can’t understand how busy this place always seems to be. We fought our way through and hacked through the displays and townies to find a decent RiD section which boasted plenty of those motorcycle 2-packs at a robust $10.99 a piece. Flec managed to lose his girlfriend in the stuffed animals section, and Uni and Joe both invested in the bikes. All I invested in was a complementary bottle of cheap lemonade, courtesy of the good people at Wal-Mart. Joe looked disgusted.

Dashing back to the theatre, we rushed inside and happened upon Jim and Viewfind stocking up on snacks as we all plunged in for three hours of Star Wars muck to sift through. Yeah....it was pretty cool. I coulda done without the sappy, poorly-acted love scenes, but the Jedi/Drone battle and Yoda wielding the light saber did it for me. Unfortunately, those scenes didn’t come until after the love scenes had left me slumped over, snoring, on the shoulder of the 6’2”, 300 pound black man with the beeping cell phone and the gargantuan bag of popcorn sitting next to me. He was not pleased. And Jenga Fett rocks it to Russia.

Following the movie, Joe headed to meet some other friends, Viewfind headed to catch the bus, and Jim headed god knows where. As Flec shouted some colorful comments about soup kitchens at poor Viewfind from my car, we plunged out onto Delaware Ave. and almost got rammed from behind by the maniacal Jim and his baby-blue Chrysler. Disaster was averted, however, and the final four were left to visit a Chinese restaurant and ponder the events of the day. Well, sort of. Uni ran off and scarfed some fast food, then joined myself and the young lovers halfway through the meal. Now, this was no ordinary Chinese restaurant, to be sure. The waitresses were a little too giddy to see us, some shady customer over Flec’s girlfriend’s shoulder kept giving us the evil eye, and their napkins were pink and boasted graphics that I’m still at a loss to comprehend. But by far the most amusing facet of this unusual dining facility was the wall decoration...they sported in a row, I kid you not: “Life’s Little Secrets Vol. 2”, one of those stupid motivational posters with a rowing team practicing at sunset, a blinking Michael Jordan poster, and an even more brightly blinking Star Trek: The Next Generation poster. I was baffled. Uni was baffled. Flec was baffled. Flec’s girlfriend was hungry. It was just emotional bedlam. Kind of like the day.
NISMOJOE

Post by NISMOJOE »

dude........

that was great........................

seriously im laughing
Viewfind

Re: Here's your damn report...

Post by Viewfind »

Originally posted by Starscreamsghost
Philly Archivers Meeting 2

As Flec shouted some colorful comments about soup kitchens at poor Viewfind from my car,
Damn, what did he say?..i'm lost?..and yeah i walk home :(
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

A few minor corrections, 2 or 3 probably....

1. In Wal-Mart, after about 9 months of not getting one, I got an RID Prime, not the Motorcycle things. Ghosty, you were gonna get the Motorcycle 2-pack but opted not to for some reason, probably a miscalculation with money or something.

2. It wasn't exactly fast food. I wandered off to the Pizza Hut next to that Dunkin' Donuts.

3. With that Taxi game (gotta find out the name of it and see if its out on a console), My driving in that wasn't as bad as my driving in that other racing game we played. And my wrecking your cab in the Taxi game wasn't caused by bad driving, it was caused by some sort of super-sonic horn power-up.

4. You left out Jim seemingly flaunting his re-issue Starscream when he nearly rammed you at the end of the day. And then there's your selection of music. The less said about the the better...
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Be glad i was not there :)
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Originally posted by Ravage
Be glad i was not there :)
Somehow I think you'd get lost faster then Joe does. That and you'd go running away screaming based on the total chaos and insanity of our meetings
Viewfind

Post by Viewfind »

Ok...what about the next Philly Archivers Meeting????? i'm cool with july? what about you guys?
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Originally posted by Viewfind
Ok...what about the next Philly Archivers Meeting????? i'm cool with july? what about you guys?
Back on Saturday, August was suggested because last we heard (and if we aren't mistaken), Sixy is supposed to be over here in the US sometime in August or so
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Ahh but being the one left behind would be a possiblity :)
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
NISMOJOE

Post by NISMOJOE »

ill still remember chris getting up inthe theater, "should i give them the crotch or the butt"

hahahahahahahah and then he threw popcorn on me

hahahahaha

lets get a meet this saturday, im off
this time we meet a tmy house
jim br...no, youll be dirving, chris bring the al-ko-hall, ill supply the music, games, tfs, pool table, and bar

=-o
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Originally posted by Starscreamsghost
And Jenga Fett rocks it to Russia.
My photographic memory (which, uh, you know... photographs spoken words...) tells me it's Jango. Pay attention, twit.
Flec's selling a lot of RID, Armada, and Energon, and a few G1 toys. 'S all I'm sayin'.
The TFArchive RPG - "the most popular part of the site[!]" - Skywarp. Darn tootin'.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Curse you Flec, I was just about to point out that error.

And Chris left out the people at the one side of the Train Station with the boots collecting money.