Alternators Nemesis Prime? UPDATE: Rumored to be an SDCC exclusive

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Black Alternators Dodge Ram?!? (Weird new Action-HQ listing)

Post by Nevermore »

I advise everyone to take this with a HUGE grain of salt.

Just reported by TFW2005:

Transformers Alternators Dodge Ram Pick-up Optimus Prime (Black Version)

For those who don't know:

Back when AHQ put up the original listing for Grimlock, they also had another mystery listing for a "Ford Mustang Concept Car" scheduled to be released at the same time as Grimlock. Even though that toy never came out (it wasn't Wheeljack either, apparently), they STILL have the listing up more than a year later.

AHQ had Binaltech Wildrider up for preorder months after he had been confirmed cancelled/postponed.

They STILL have Ginrai and Black Convoy up for preorder.

Unless I hear about this from an independent source, I seriously doubt this. ESPECIALLY with the release date supposedly in MAY.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

May? If there was a 'Scouge' coming out that soon, we would know about it. It's also way too soon to release a repaint of Prime in the US market...

Could come later, but tihs eems off kilter.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

http://www.tformers.com/article.php?sid=5686
We followed up with Action-HQ and got this response: "Hasbro HK told us that there will be one and ask us to order it asap even though they did not provide us with any material on it. All the sales manager told us was that it was going to be hot and will probably be allocated."
And

http://www.allspark.com/forums/index.ph ... st&p=60459
Thank you for your inquiry.

We have been given this information by Hasbro,

of a Black Alternators Optimus Prime schduled for release in May.

Hence we have listed it up and are taking pre-orders.

However, apart from the information we have gotten, we have not got a picture yet

As far as we are aware of based on Hasbro, it is a Black Alternators Optimus Prime.
:confused:

No sir, I still doubt it. If nothing else, the May release date is highly unlikely.
-Predaking-
Protoform

Post by -Predaking- »

I doubt it too but I really REALLY want it. If there's no chance of a Takara release I may get two if it comes out.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

From BBTS:

http://www.allspark.com/forums/index.ph ... st&p=61210
One of our secondary suppliers in Hong Kong mentioned something to me about this item, but we chose not to put up a preorder until we have solid info. We will carry the item once more is known about it - not sure when that will be however, I think its an exclusive, but no idea who owns that exclusive yet.
:wtf:
Darth Zax
Protoform

Post by Darth Zax »

he's got a name:
Transformers Binaltech/Alternators : Transformers Alternators Dodge Ram Pick-up Tranemesis Prime (Black Version)
nemesis prime, apparently.
Ford DeceptiFocus
Protoform

Post by Ford DeceptiFocus »

Okay maybe I'm a complete idiot (and my better half would say I am)...but was there a Nemesis Prime in G1?!?! I know I've seen him in later lines/continuties, but can't recall him in G1. Can any one fill me in?
Till All Are Drunk with the Matrix!
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Ford DeceptiFocus
Okay maybe I'm a complete idiot (and my better half would say I am)...but was there a Nemesis Prime in G1?!?!

No.
Cyclone_X
Protoform

Post by Cyclone_X »

Originally posted by Ford DeceptiFocus
Okay maybe I'm a complete idiot (and my better half would say I am)...but was there a Nemesis Prime in G1?!?! I know I've seen him in later lines/continuties, but can't recall him in G1. Can any one fill me in?

was there a Decepticharge in G1?

;)
BTFA, 2 year anniversary
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Originally posted by Cyclone_X

;)

There's a black Windcharger repaint in Japan, which is almost an evil Windcharger, which is almost Decepticharge.

I hope there will be a Nemesis Prime, but I doubt it.:(
Ford DeceptiFocus
Protoform

Post by Ford DeceptiFocus »

Originally posted by Cyclone_X

;)

TOUCHE! LOL
Till All Are Drunk with the Matrix!
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Looks like Nemesis Prime has been confirmed now...

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=94062
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Ugh... I really wish it could have been Scourge instead.

"Nemesis Prime" is a Prime that got (explicitly stated) mentally, physically, and spiritually raped by Unicron until he liked it.. why in God's name is that a COOL character?!
Roadstripe
Protoform

Post by Roadstripe »

Quoth TFVanguard:
Ugh... I really wish it could have been Scourge instead.
Because, if they did, we'd all be complaining that he wasn't blue, had the wrong head sculpt, and didn't look at all like a hovercraft. G1 Scourge was not even close to an evil Optimus Prime.

"Nemesis Prime" is a Prime that got (explicitly stated) mentally, physically, and spiritually raped by Unicron until he liked it.. why in God's name is that a COOL character?!
The name's cool, though.
Anyway, that Nemesis Prime is the Armadaverse's Nemesis Prime. Since Alternators is nominally set in the G1 universe, this could easily be an entirely different Nemesis Prime. Perhaps the Decepticons created him some time ago as a clone of Optimus Prime, and he has always wanted to take the Matrix as his and become a real Prime. A G1 continuum Nemesis Prime could be considered a blank slate to create a whole new slant on the "evil Prime" idea.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Originally posted by Roadstripe
Because, if they did, we'd all be complaining that he wasn't blue, had the wrong head sculpt, and didn't look at all like a hovercraft. G1 Scourge was not even close to an evil Optimus Prime.

I gave up on Alts being a G1 story since.. oh, I dunno, it's 2006 and most of the characters from then would be dead now. :) Oh, yeah, and Ravage.. there's that. :)

I wouldn't mind RID Scourge getting a nod, mind you.. .and, G1 Scourge really doesn't work without the whole Sweeps, Cyclonus, Unicron, and nutcase Galvatron thing...
Darth Zax
Protoform

Post by Darth Zax »

Originally posted by TFVanguard
I gave up on Alts being a G1 story since.. oh, I dunno, it's 2006 and most of the characters from then would be dead now. :)

yes, transformers die of age. most robots tend to do that.

Oh, yeah, and Ravage.. there's that. :)

ravage was explained actually.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Meaning that the ultimate G1 event, the MOVIE, couldn't have happened in the Alternators time line. With that, all bets are off.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Originally posted by TFVanguard
Meaning that the ultimate G1 event, the MOVIE, couldn't have happened in the Alternators time line. With that, all bets are off.

Due to it being the only thing in the G1 cartoon that advanced the story.

Quit making a big deal out of the name, once you own the thing you can name it whatever you want.
Roadstripe
Protoform

Post by Roadstripe »

Quoth TFVanguard"
I gave up on Alts being a G1 story since.. oh, I dunno, it's 2006 and most of the characters from then would be dead now. :) Oh, yeah, and Ravage.. there's that. :)
Well, which Binaltech/Alternators characters are supposed to be dead in the G1 cartoon continuity?

Wheeljack - He built himself three bodies which he could connect his spark with via Genetronic Technology, thanks to Battle Ravage taunting him about the future deaths at Autobot City. The body seen in the Movie would be only one of those bodies

Windcharger - Because of Battle Ravage's taunting, Wheeljack probably made sure Windcharger survived as well.

Prowl - He's a clone created after the original Prowl's spark was lost after a botched GT link during another attempt by Wheeljack to rescue a comrade from future events.

Optimus Prime - Prime's inability to stay dead is well documented in virtually every continuity except RID.

As for Battle Ravage - short answer, he took the scenic route through the Beast Wars.

Ichikawa was certainly forced to jump through hoops while juggling steak knives trying to make Binaltech mesh with G1 (who really expected there to be hordes of fanboys twenty years after the Movie, screaming bloody murder whenever Hasbro "misnames" a toy? :p ;) ). True, he did eventually take the story into an alternate timeline, but this appeared to be at the behest of Takara. He apparently intended to "correct" the timeline starting with Skids.
Frankly, the Binaltech story only needs minor "corrections" to allow the lines to fit in with established continuity (for example, we never did see Shockwave after the Movie, so he could have been an Alternator on Earth during Season 3 for all we know).
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Frankly, the Binaltech story only needs minor "corrections" to allow the lines to fit in with established continuity (for example, we never did see Shockwave after the Movie, so he could have been an Alternator on Earth during Season 3 for all we know). [/B]

Actually, no. Shockwave is killed in the movie. He's in the command tower that Unicron smashes at the beginning of the attack on Cybertron. :P

But, you seem to think that I'm upset that Alt's isn't G1, I'm not. In fact, I think that limiting Alts like that is a huge mistake. An Alt Hot Shot, Scourge, etc, would be a GOOD move for Hasbro.