So, why do you hang around?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Dead Man Wade

So, why do you hang around?

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Okay, what with all the in-fighting, and the people complaining about the lack of quality threads, and everything else, I thought it might be nice to focus on the positive side of things (if only for five minutes).

So, what keeps you coming back?
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

I lurk...so much so that most people don't realize I'm here. A lot of times I don't even log in unless I have to mod something. Once we get into the swing of school stuff I'll probably post more often.

I just come back to chat with people...some times and topics are better than others, but if one day sucks, the next may be better.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I still think there's plenty of quality threads and it's also now kind of my job here.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Its been my homepage for 2 years and thus I go through here before any other site each day when I begin surfing. After 2 years the people grow on you and I find it hard to establish myself in new communities ever since.
Claypool
Protoform

Post by Claypool »

Frankly, after seeing what a horrible job the mods/admins are doing to "clean up" this place, I see no reasons to really hang around

If I do come, its usually to see if anything interesting was posted which 99.9% of the time never occurs. Then, if I post, it's usually something strange and wierd or it's to piss someone(s) off.

Oh, and Plas. If he/she didn't post this place would be graveyard.
King Fargo
Protoform

Post by King Fargo »

Because there's not that much else interesting on the net. I just cruise in here hoping for some sort of interesting thread to waste time in, and also reach my goal of custom rank "El Pelican Diablo".
Sig? I don't need no steenkin' sig!
KillTheKids
Protoform

Post by KillTheKids »

This place would fall apart without me.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I continue to post here because I've been here for so long. I genuinely like just about everyone that posts here regularly. (Don't always like the stuff some people post but that comes with the territory)

I've always been treated well here...
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Originally posted by fort_max
So, what keeps you coming back?
Some aspects of Transformers, something interesting to read, posters, small range of the leash, 'laugh out loud' moments, the need of being in contact with English lanuage...
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Information of new releases, occasional good comics and BW discussions. Also, while rarely, you can have accurate information and discussion of japanese transformers here. In short I find other people who are interested in same aspects of transformers as I am.

Now that main page is updated more frequently, it's a part of the reason. Toy reviews I check when I'm wondering what I want of upcoming toys (we get them about a year later than US). There's also a lot of handy older information, I need to check now and then.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

I originally saw Tfarcive.com in KaZaA a couple of times and thought 'hey, what the hell' then you got the 'Cease and Desist Order'. I stayed for the AWF and General Discussion, plus its one of the rare palces on the net full of Jackass apart from IRC.
Claypool
Protoform

Post by Claypool »

Originally posted by Tempest
I originally saw Tfarcive.com in KaZaA a couple of times

Warez Monkey
Snake
Protoform

Post by Snake »

Originally posted by Claypool
Warez Monkey
Badgers! Monkey
Back for good... for Evil.
Snake
Protoform

Post by Snake »

You know, seeing the various antics-turned-gimmicks of people here, such as Clay's weapons-grade hypocrisy demonstrated here, is just one of the many things that brings me back to the archive time and again...

Edit: Sorry Snake, just trying to clean this thread up a bit -Hound
homerbot
Protoform

Post by homerbot »

Originally posted by Snake
You know, seeing the various antics-turned-gimmicks of people here, such as Clay's weapons-grade hypocrisy demonstrated here, is just one of the many things that brings me back to the archive time and again...
yeah that is part of why i come back
that, the funny stuff, and the toy reviews

speaking of funny, i actually got a laugh out of the weapons grade hypocrisy
Words suck. Down with words! -saysadie
To actually say which candidate has the better Iraq policy is like saying which Twinkie is more healthy. -Ultimate Weapon
I'd totally hit that Krystal chick...if she were real and sex with animals wasn't illegal. -Drspengler
ThePeacemkr2
Protoform

Post by ThePeacemkr2 »

Originally posted by Plasmodium
Its been my homepage for 2 years and thus I go through here before any other site each day when I begin surfing. After 2 years the people grow on you and I find it hard to establish myself in new communities ever since.

Pretty much the same here. 'Tis my homepage, so I go here before everything else.

I've tried other forums, but they were never quite the same... some of them had way too many people (to the point where everything in the "General discussions"-type forums had 100+ posts, and no one read them all), and some just didn't have enough, or had too high of a troll/poster ratio. TFarchive has a nice community, a decent number of regular posters. It's pretty much my home.... (although I post a lot less now than I used to. Still read most stuff, though).
He's alive. Go figure.
homerbot
Protoform

Post by homerbot »

well, an extremely large community means you don't have to worry about trolling or voicing an unpopular opinion because you never see someone again in most cases
Words suck. Down with words! -saysadie
To actually say which candidate has the better Iraq policy is like saying which Twinkie is more healthy. -Ultimate Weapon
I'd totally hit that Krystal chick...if she were real and sex with animals wasn't illegal. -Drspengler
Snake
Protoform

Post by Snake »

Oh, okay; I'm making that whole thing up about Clay. Right. You're just pissed off that I put the topic back on track...

Which reminds me; another reason I like the archive are some of the heated, detailed discussions we manage to have every so often. Some just crash and burn 2 pages in, but every once and a while, you really get to quibble at length over the fine points. That's some of the true cakey-goodness that always makes me reach for extra helpings of The Archive...

Once again, edited for content -Hound
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Its the whole ‘double life’ thing. Isn’t it cool to know that you share the same as a Transformer? I mean your screen name. Fair enough that lots of people have chosen names other than, say, Sideswipe_316 or OmegaSewprime_4U, but for the rest of us that have its cool.

It got to the point where one time I was standing at the tube station in Battersea thinking to myself: “Well, here’s Windcharger standing at the tube station in Battersea”. I was no longer plain ol’ sexy, charismatic, suave, modest me. I was a double agent.

Some people (ok, a lot of people) might find that sad, but I think its great. School was kind of similar. Back when I was in school the teachers used to say; “And remember, when you’re outside the grounds you represent the school”, and I feel a bit like that about the Archive, or at least that’s how I justify myself being a sad bastard.
The thing is I don’t show my transformers appreciation overtly. I don’t really talk about them in public or anything. It is my secret, a bit of the double life of Veronique if you will.

Its also cool finding out things about Transformers. Even now it can still be as interesting as the first day if you let it, and that’s not because I haven’t got anything else going on in my life (even though I haven’t), but because I am still entertained by them, and other people who are interested in them, which would be yourselves, and the comments made by others here not relating to them, like Clay, Snake a and the film buffs.

So in the future when I am sacked for gross indecency at some crappy job I will say: “You may fire me, but you will never know of the amazingness that is the Slag”. And for some reason i’ll be wearing a cape and i’ll swoosh it round dramatically and set fire to his car on my way out.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Skystream
Protoform

Post by Skystream »

Hmm. Well, let's see... I come here because I find the Archive to be the place where I can get most involved. Sure, so people know of places like Seibertron and Allspark... but to be honest with you, those places are so huge (just take a look at the member count and you'll see what I mean) that I didn't think I'd ever 'fit in' at all. I also like the way the Archive has separate forums for discussion on different TF topics- forums specifically intended for discussion on G1, or BW, or Armada/Energon, or whatever. Whereas on Allspark they simply have one forum where they stick all their TF discussion. Now how the hell is that supposed to help? :eyebrow: In a forum like that, it's hard to think of where to start. Here at the Archive, I found that having separate forums for different things made it a lot easier for discussion purposes.

Basically, just like when you're trying to find your own place after moving out for the first time, a place has to kinda 'feel' right. Well, the Archive feels right for me. Having been here since January I'm now quite at home here, so either way I guess I'll stick around anyway. ;)
[color=000066]"Never trust a side that calls the other side evil. They're probably up to something."[/color]

"I found it through your yahoo profile. I was trying to look at a pic of you....and all I saw was this huge baddass truck." ~Zeeky
Current Cute Icon Adoptee: ImageLong Haul