Transformers Universe - Open Beta for new game

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Aero Blade

Transformers Universe - Open Beta for new game

Post by Aero Blade »

As a regular Runescaper, I was surprised to find a news banner on the site for an upcoming Transformer MMO game made by Jagex. I wasn't even aware of this thing until they posted the links for the open beta.

The Beta for the moment is free-to-play with in-game purchases (typical stuff) though they have packages offered right now to become a founder before the game releases. I imagine it's going to stay f2p with the way it's set up, but since it's a beta that's still anyone's guess.

The game has some very nice graphics with adjustable quality, and can be played via Google Chrome or Firefox web browsers, or via a downloadable client which runs the game in full screen. You also get a very nice tutorial to start off the game with. The game offers both pve and pvp content, competing against your fellow Autobots and Decepticons.

The game and further information is available at https://www.transformersuniverse.com/home
Clay

Post by Clay »

I've scrolled past threads about it, but didn't realize it's already here. Still, I'd rather wait for the finished game myself.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

I've played it for an evening. Might not go back for a while. It had issues. The tutorial was incomplete (i.e. it didn't go into the other abilities your Transformer has), it was very hard to kill anyone (even the medics), all ground vehicles, and very laggy. Nothing that can't be fixed with time, but nothing that set me to wanting to play it often either. It was average at best.