Transformers Prime Graphic Novel

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
TMM

Transformers Prime Graphic Novel

Post by TMM »

Over on Tfomers they have posted what they believe to be the cover of the new Transformers Prime Graphic novel

http://tformers.com/transformers-cover- ... /news.html

it gives you a great look at the top half of bumblebee and is expected to be the prequel to the series
First we crack the shell... Then we crack the nuts inside!
Bucquoy

Post by Bucquoy »

Looks a bit to "movie-esque" for my taste. Wasn't that to be based on "War for Cybertron"? WfC-'Bee looks quite different.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Wait... I'm confused now.

Aren't Transformers: Prime and War for Cybertron two separate continuities? WfC taking place in a G1(ish) continuity and Prime taking its own spin like Animated?
Bucquoy

Post by Bucquoy »

I already checked before posting, but

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers:_Prime

says that it "will follow on from the back-story set up by the upcoming War for Cybertron video game and its tie-in book, Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron".

I looked again, they're giving no source. May well be a mistake / misunderstanding / miswhatever.:)
TMM

Post by TMM »

Bucquoy wrote:Looks a bit to "movie-esque" for my taste. Wasn't that to be based on "War for Cybertron"? WfC-'Bee looks quite different.
A agree I was hoping for a more WFC feel
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Well, WFC is, I gather, set on Cybertron long, long ago - it's The War Within to TF:Prime's DW Generation 1. That way WFC can tie into the main line without confusion for the general public, and without an awful lot of it getting in the way of TF:Prime.

Not entirely sure how a video game could be properly tied into a continuity anyway due to the fact, presumably, that the player can decide the outcome (i.e. whether the Decepticons or the Autobots win) - some of the first film's game's attempts to keep things in a pre-determined shape were very irritating (e.g. Jazz getting swiftly killed in a cutscene after you've just spent ages getting him through a battle with Starscream and Blackout).
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Of course, Jazz's death made just as much sense in the movie. "I'm tiny and have been a war-hardened soldier for thousands of years, but I'll fling myself alone at this bloodthirsty behemoth and OH NO! MY LEGS!"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Cliffjumper wrote:Well, WFC is, I gather, set on Cybertron long, long ago - it's The War Within to TF:Prime's DW Generation 1. That way WFC can tie into the main line without confusion for the general public, and without an awful lot of it getting in the way of TF:Prime.
Ah. Makes more sense. :)

But I'm a little worried about the aesthetics. WFC leans more on a modernized G1, while Prime is more of a 'simplified Movie'. But it's still too early to judge, I guess.
Not entirely sure how a video game could be properly tied into a continuity anyway due to the fact, presumably, that the player can decide the outcome (i.e. whether the Decepticons or the Autobots win).
According to press releases, the Decepticon campaign and the Autobot campaign would be a continuous story instead of the Movie games where the faction that the player plays would utterly destroy the other.

The Decepticon campaign would happen prior to the Autobot campaign, or something like that, IIRC.
TMM

Post by TMM »

see, i still don't really follow, is prime the war for cybertron of the movie-verse? or was it just a bad call with the character designs?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Notabot wrote:Of course, Jazz's death made just as much sense in the movie. "I'm tiny and have been a war-hardened soldier for thousands of years, but I'll fling myself alone at this bloodthirsty behemoth and OH NO! MY LEGS!"
Eh? He basically sacrifices himself so Lennox and co. can pull back with the Allspark - Jazz realises he's dispensible in the grand scheme of things and buys them time. It works, too - instead of pressing home the attack Megatron decides to whip Jazz away and kill him in a needlessly sadistic fashion, allowing the Rangers/S7 troops to form a defensive position, also giving time for Optimus Prime to get into Mission City and run extended interference. If Jazz hadn't have squared up to Megatron, the Allspark convoy would have been overrun then and there, but he buys them time to regroup after Starscream's attack.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

TMM wrote:see, i still don't really follow, is prime the war for cybertron of the movie-verse?
No.

WFC/Prime is separate from all previous continuities (except maybe an alternate version of G1, but then you could argue that the movieverse or the Animated-verse are alternate versions of G1).
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

He basically looks like movie B but with a stupid face
And I found Jazz's little heroic sacrifice pretty cool. It was nice to see Jazz make a difference to anything
I like bears.
TMM

Post by TMM »

Summerhayes wrote:He basically looks like movie B but with a stupid face
And I found Jazz's little heroic sacrifice pretty cool. It was nice to see Jazz make a difference to anything
i loved that part with jazz, i also love the fact they didn't bring him back in the second one...

i think rotf concentrated a bit too much on the fact that although a transformer can die they can also be reborn! especially with prime as sam was constantly saying "i can revive prime, look at me!"

also - still not a fan of prime bumblebee, it's not even growing on me, maybe when i see him in motion it'll be a different kettle of fish
TURBO CHARGER

Post by TURBO CHARGER »

Cliffjumper wrote:Well, WFC is, I gather, set on Cybertron long, Not entirely sure how a video game could be properly tied into a continuity anyway due to the fact, presumably, that the player can decide the outcome (i.e. whether the Decepticons or the Autobots win)
The game is set up like an television episode. Chronologicly the Decepticon campaign comes first and they win it. The Autobot campaign come next and in true episodic fashion the Autobots come back from near defeat to win the day.

ATTENTION: THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FROM YOUR FRIEND, TURBO CHARGER